Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: America Going to Hell

Interesting....

Your at a university i gather? thats probably the distinction made. that and your different state would indicate a different set of rules, and he wasn't a student, so it's just having sex on school premises.

I'm sure he'll get sanctioned, but there is no longer any trust element to deal with, so it's all legit.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Personally, I think the school should fire the teacher for breach of trust, but it should not be considered illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Just saw on the news that a teacher was arrested for having sex with a student. The thing is, the student was of legal age (18), and the teacher is now facing felony charges. What the hell is wrong with the government? Why does our society elect people who would limit our freedoms in ways like this? Just another reason I hate Texas, the only state to regulate who you can have sex with based on your occupation.

Also, justification for the law by saying teachers have control over students is bs. In a company or any other hierachal organization, the higher ranking people will have power over those under them. Will we make it a crime to marry your boss? What about above your social class?

end rant
    bfd
    one teacher in my school has def had sex with one student, and is rumored to have "done" half of the basketball team

don't ask, don't tell
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Former Miss Texas contestant?

Screw what the heart wants, it's what the dick wants.
    Lmfao, so true!

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    I personally wouldn't mind getting a good rogering from my Media teacher, but there we go.
    lol

I can understand what they're getting at, but 20 YEARS?!?!. That is totally ridiculous.

Then again, this is coming from the state where jaywalking puts you on death row...

( at m_p)

Two years ago a case like this happened on my school as well. A 40-something y/o teacher had shagged a 16 y/o student mutiple times in the back of his van. The teacher was suspended immediately. After some police investigation and stuff the case went to court. By that time his wife had left him with the kids. He was sentenced to never teach again 2 years conditional and 800 hours task sentence... Because it was not proven (only the girls testimony) he had really shagged her he got away lucky....

He now lives without his wife and kids completely alone and has a serious alcohol addiction
    The girl still attends classes on my school.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    The parents have EVERYTHING to do with it - they send their son there, they support him, they have a say in his life.
    is that also the case when the gvt tells the son to go to Iraq??

Where does this "say" end? After highschool they send him to University, where cases of relations between students and teachers are far more regular. Do parents have a say there again even when the student is 24-25?

I think in this case the law says 18 and if that is the case there is no legal basis for getting the lady behind bars. However, if her job-contract says somthing explict abot these things (irrespective of age) she may have broken a rule there, but that would come under another chapter of the law. As far as I konw there is no general law that forbids teachers have relationships with pupils. I
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    is that also the case when the gvt tells the son to go to Iraq??

Where does this "say" end? After highschool they send him to University, where cases of relations between students and teachers are far more regular. Do parents have a say there again even when the student is 24-25?

I think in this case the law says 18 and if that is the case there is no legal basis for getting the lady behind bars. However, if her job-contract says somthing explict abot these things (irrespective of age) she may have broken a rule there, but that would come under another chapter of the law. As far as I konw there is no general law that forbids teachers have relationships with pupils. I
    The parents sent him to that school - as bob says, they can withdraw there support for their child.

I agree that the person in question - because they were 18. But the guidelines of teacher/student relations were well documented, and the teacher broke the rules.

I agree the sentence was harsh but she's probably been made an example of so this doesn't happen again.

The parents sent him to that school - as bob says, they can withdraw there support for their child.

I agree that the person in question - because they were 18. But the guidelines of teacher/student relations were well documented, and the teacher broke the rules.

I agree the sentence was harsh but she's probably been made an example of so this doesn't happen again.
    now I read the article in more detail, and it can be interpreted as when you are a 35 year student and have sex with your 37 year old teacher, the poor teacher can end up behind bars for 20 years......
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Simple solution; Don't sleep with students!

Simple solution; Don't sleep with students!
    tell that to the students.....

It's all the instigators incorrectness - the teacher should know better, the student should not even think of their teacher in such terms.

It happens, but it's when you act on these feelings that problems develop.

It's all the instigators incorrectness - the teacher should know better, the student should not even think of their teacher in such terms.

It happens, but it's when you act on these feelings that problems develop.
    and the problems will not be solved with draconic punishments...

I think people are taking this whole "20 years in prison" thing a bit too literally. From what I understand from the article 20 years is the MAXIMUM penalty for an offence of this kind, which presumably means when a teacher has sexual relations with a person who is most definitely UNDER the age of consent. I'm sure that with this case they won't throw the book at her entirely, possibly just heavy fine/community service and being banned from working with children ever again. They couldn't be so harsh as to throw her in gaol for 20 years given the circumstances.

Then again, it is Texas....
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Thread Information