Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 146

Thread: Welcome back little fella...

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    GB
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Why would anyone buy an Alfa Romeo?

    It's like putting your bank account on your driveway and letting it blow away..

    Would anyone here do that?
    Cos they look great, they're fun to drive, sound great, they're not the usual humdrum and they're probably the most sporting cars in their respective categories. They carry an Italian flair that invariably leaves the Germans looking positively dull. Have you actually ever driven one?

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,448
    Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    Cos they look great, they're fun to drive, sound great, they're not the usual humdrum and they're probably the most sporting cars in their respective categories. They carry an Italian flair that invariably leaves the Germans looking positively dull. Have you actually ever driven one?
    Indeed. There's life outside overpirced, dull, overrated german cars.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,448
    Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    If I'm allowed to make assumptions, it was one based on your first avatar.
    I got tired of it and decided to go for something a bit more special...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    3,560
    Go for the T-Spark, not the JTD.

    Get it in a real manual too, not a Selespeed.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,606
    Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    Cos they look great, they're fun to drive, sound great, they're not the usual humdrum and they're probably the most sporting cars in their respective categories. They carry an Italian flair that invariably leaves the Germans looking positively dull. Have you actually ever driven one?
    Taking into account I can't drive, no I haven't..

    But I'm looking at it from the thinking person's prospective.. Anyone with common sense wouldn't buy one. Not a new one anyway..

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Posts
    5,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    I got tired of it and decided to go for something a bit more special...
    If you want to see something special, see the ones I've made.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,448
    Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Taking into account I can't drive, no I haven't..

    But I'm looking at it from the thinking person's prospective.. Anyone with common sense wouldn't buy one. Not a new one anyway..
    That's why we are petrolheads, we are not sensible, we don't think with the head, but rather with the heart. If you really are bothered by those issues, go on a bus...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,448
    Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    If you want to see something special, see the ones I've made.
    Lend me one then...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Posts
    5,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Lend me one then...
    I will if you get online. I usually do custom-ordered ones.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,448
    Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    I will if you get online. I usually do custom-ordered ones.
    Then I'll have to wait to the 29th...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    That's why we are petrolheads, we are not sensible, we don't think with the head, but rather with the heart. If you really are bothered by those issues, go on a bus...
    Nicely countered. They're future classics, so keep it in good condition and it'll pay dividends!

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Posts
    5,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Then I'll have to wait to the 29th...
    They may disappear from here by then

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    That's why we are petrolheads, we are not sensible, we don't think with the head, but rather with the heart. If you really are bothered by those issues, go on a bus...
    Or just avoid buying an alfa romeo.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,448
    Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Or just avoid buying an alfa romeo.
    You still don't understand what I mean do you? Did you know that the BMW 760i is one of the fastest depreciating cars in the world?

    I mean which kind of cars do you like?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Porto - Portugal
    Posts
    5,595
    Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Or just avoid buying an alfa romeo.
    Please support your opinion, if possible, with facts and not childish arguments.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •