Thread: Ride - 1958 Corvette

Ride - 1958 Corvette

So, this night I went to an end-of-school party. The hostess's mom, is the proud owner of her childhood dream car - after spending 40 years of saving, looking for a totally original 1958 Corvette, she finally got one. Today, her boyfriend gave me a ride in in (I needed to go anyway, so I could go to my house and get a bathingsuit really quickly, heheh).

So, he turns it on, it gives a scream....and I swear, the idle sounded like a motorboat, it was a rather ugly sound. He gets it off the driveway.......GUNS it. The smile stayed from then on for the whole ride (45-60minutes) and 30 minutes after getting back. The msot exhilirating driving experience I have ever been personally part of. When the car was still, you could FEEL every individual explosion inside the cylinders as the car would rock back and forth! The engine gave such a DESTRUCTIVELY powerful sound, it was incredible! The elegance of the car's lines.....aggressive yet passively elegant at the front, flowing towards the back where it curled so easily into the car's rear, looking like it was a cat ready to lunge at it's prey.

I know, this probably doesn't deserve a whole thread, but I felt like sharing it with you all, in all its glorious power and beauty
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

uhh it definately DOES deserve one man **starts to salivate**
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

That's very cool, very cool indeed. What sort of engine was it running?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I guess it has a 283 V-8, right?
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500
    I guess it has a 283 V-8, right?
    Sounds right. I asked, but the guy didn't know. The actual owner, the mom however knows everything down to the drive and gearing ratios!!!

Badass.
    Have you not ever been in muscle car before?

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    Sounds right. I asked, but the guy didn't know. The actual owner, the mom however knows everything down to the drive and gearing ratios!!!
    If the car is original it can only have a 283 then. This year the power outputs ranged from 230bhp to 290bhp.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Sounds awesome.
    I had a similar experience working with my uncle on his drag car. He told me to hop in and start it up so he could put trans fluid in and cycle it. It was awesome starting that 540ci big block. Idling at 1000rpms was pretty much shaking me apart, then came time to rev it up, muhahhahaha. And people say those american v8's suck,, pashaw.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    If the car is original it can only have a 283 then. This year the power outputs ranged from 230bhp to 290bhp.
    Lol don't ask me for specifics. I asked and got only vague answers, except horsepower was around 200-250.

Yes, I have been in muscle cars before. Camaro's and the like. But this was....I don't know why, it was just gloriously different, hahahaah.

Thread Information