Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fords calls for action by the US government- remarks by Mark Field

Quote Originally Posted by syko
    Just so people know Mark Fields could possible be the next CEO of the entire Ford world.
    I seriously doubt that. Unless he changes his surname to Ford
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    I seriously doubt that. Unless he changes his surname to Ford
    I guess we will just have to wait and see.
    You obviously have forgotten Jacques Nasser
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Jacques Nasser
    The anti-christ of Ford *shivers*.....

Mark Fields made the point about converting the assembly plants to more flexible ways of production, or however he worded it. Sounds very Toyota-like, and also sounds like it could influence the Ford world outside of the US heavily.
    I am the Stig

is it proounced psycho or sicko?

errr......psycho
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

Well as a consumer I wont buy an American car because I don't think any of them look good.
    Another reason is that even though they have a large selection of models they are all basically the same in a different wrapper so it shows that the car are cheaply made.
    They don't have mechanical variety. For example I would like an American RWD sedan with a 6 speed manual and they don't have any and if they do make any it probably wont look good.
    Another reason is that the cars are just to oversized for fat ass Americans.

American car makers also don't know that the biggest group of people in America are single people but they keep making family cars and big SUVs single people cant afford.

Ford right now has hybrid SUVs. When are they making a hybrid Focus? Or make a diesel Focus. Make a E85 Focus right now and people will buy it but only as long as the wheels don't fall off hahahah
    Last edited by QBridge; 06-25-2006 at 05:04 PM.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6FBCAADF-B7CB-432C-B938-01EB06BD83CE.htm

There is a diesel focus its just only sold in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by QBridge
    Another reason is that even though they have a large selection of models they are all basically the same in a different wrapper so it shows that the car are cheaply made.
    Since when that's a sign of cheaply made cars? Are the Porsche Cayenne and the Volkswagen Touareg or the Volkswagen Phaeton and the Bentley Continental cheaply made? Like it or not component sharing is the future (and the present) of the automotive industry.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by fpv gtho
    The anti-christ of Ford *shivers*.....
    Nasser is my hero Bill doesnt look like he's stepping down anytime soon...
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Look at history man, America has ALWAYS made big cars. Ever heard of a Cadillac? How about a Lebaron or a LeSabre? Or a Roadrunner, GTX, Imperial, Executive, Catalina, Bonneville, Toronado, Duesenberg, Cord, Tucker, 58 Chevy, Impala, Biscayne, ANY truck or SUV.

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    Bill doesnt look like he's stepping down anytime soon...
    Neat how the company has been family owned all these years. BTW is Bill Ford Edsel or Henry Ford II's son?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

Quote Originally Posted by "Clevor" Angel
    Look at history man, America has ALWAYS made big cars. Ever heard of a Cadillac? How about a Lebaron or a LeSabre? Or a Roadrunner, GTX, Imperial, Executive, Catalina, Bonneville, Toronado, Duesenberg, Cord, Tucker, 58 Chevy, Impala, Biscayne, ANY truck or SUV.
    Doesnt mean that its right for the times or that they dont need to change, and they do also make smaller cars, they just dont do it as well as other car companies.

What is done in the past doesnt always mean you have to do it now or in the future, its not really good to be in a rut.
    You can call me scott.

Well as a consumer I wont buy an American car because I don't think any of them look good.
    They don't have mechanical variety. For example I would like an American RWD sedan with a 6 speed manual and they don't have any and if they do make any it probably wont look good.

American car makers also don't know that the biggest group of people in America are single people but they keep making family cars and big SUVs single people cant afford.

Sorry if I'm ressurecting an old thread, but I found this and had to reply to Qbridge.

Ever hear of a car that's been around for 40 years or so, called the Mustang? Ford still sells a ton of 'em.

It's the original , and still the best.

If you just have to have 6 gears, you would have to spend the $ for a '07 Shelby Cobra or an '03 - '04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Destrier_Rage
    Sorry if I'm ressurecting an old thread, but I found this and had to reply to Qbridge.

Ever hear of a car that's been around for 40 years or so, called the Mustang? Ford still sells a ton of 'em.

It's the original , and still the best.

If you just have to have 6 gears, you would have to spend the $ for a '07 Shelby Cobra or an '03 - '04 Cobra
    Who cares about the gears when you can have a V8 muscle car for 40k €... it's just a shame they don't import it here...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information