Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup - Germany 2006 - Knock out stage

World Cup - Germany 2006 - Knock out stage

The other thread has besom so crowded and absolutely impossible to have a decent discussiona bout what is happening in Germany. Thus, I decided to Create a new thread.

So Far:
    Germany vs Sweden

Equador vs England

Argentina vs Mexico

Portugal Vs Netherlands

Do you think The dutch will avenge their semi final loss in euro 2004 against Portugal?
    Will old rivals sweden upset the germans?
    Will a rather shaky England be able to beat the crazy equatorians?
    Will argentina cruize right past mexico?
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Hmm Portugal Vs Netherland, I think Portugal might be able (70%) that they'll be able to take this one mind you Netherlands did manage to keep the lid on Argentina, 1-0? btw Turbo what do you think about C.Ronaldo coming off in the first half yesterday? Btw Argentina will knock out Mexico 2-0 in my view *Edit for the 3rd time!* I also dout that England can be Sweeden, UNLESS thay practice there long balls and the stricking force, then i can see them going through..
    Last edited by man 430gt; 06-21-2006 at 11:23 PM.
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    Hmm Portugal Vs Netherland, I think Portugal might be able (70%) that they'll be able to take this one mind you Netherlands did manage to keep the lid on Argentina, 1-0?
    It was 0-0 but the game was still very nice to watch If there is a re-run somewhere,go watch it By the way we used 6 players from our B-team for the match,which gave some pleasant and positvie surprises for us fans(de cler,boulahrouz and the position of sneijder and v.d.vaart)

The game against Portugal will certainly not be easy,but i think we do have a chance. Our defense is pretty strong, it is just the mid-field where some mistakes are being made and no gaps found... argentina has a more difficult opponent ..

England and Sweden are out after this match and the other two ,matches are too close to predict.
    Last edited by drakkie; 06-22-2006 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    I By the way we used 6 players from our B-team for the match,which gave some pleasant and positvie surprises for us fans(de cler,boulahrouz and the position of sneijder and v.d.vaart)
    But then again, Jaliens and Kuyt totally sucked. Even worse: the whole country expected Vennegoor of Hesselink to replace either van Nistelrooy or van Persie but our big friend van Basten decides to put Babel in to save the game... what an idiot...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    what do you think about C.Ronaldo coming off in the first half yesterday?
    It was a good game to put "B players" on, so it's natural to see him comming of whne the team is already winning. He needs to rest more too, since his long legs will be needed if we want to defeat Holland. I haven't been liking his playing attitude in this few games. Lets see how he copes with the bigger challenges. I think his head is not at germany but at portugal where his new hot (and 10 years older) girlfriend lives. I know her personally and so I understand the kid's mind...
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    It was 0-0 but the game was still very nice to watch If there is a re-run somewhere,go watch it By the way we used 6 players from our B-team for the match,which gave some pleasant and positvie surprises for us fans(de cler,boulahrouz and the position of sneijder and v.d.vaart)
    yeah i was very impressed by de cler especially. you kept a good lid on the argentinians. i reckon you've got a great chance of beating portugal.

as for england i have my doubts...
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    But then again, Jaliens and Kuyt totally sucked. Even worse: the whole country expected Vennegoor of Hesselink to replace either van Nistelrooy or van Persie but our big friend van Basten decides to put Babel in to save the game... what an idiot...
    Jaliens played ok,no more,no less.He did his best, bu the argentinians were a class too high for him. Kuyt absolutely played very good !!! i don't understand at all why you think he sucked. He did some very good break-throughs, but the Argentine defense was very strong. He was unlucky he missed the few chances though...
    Babel had some nice moments as well, but as with jaliens he doesnt have the skill needed to play at this high of a level.Marco put him in to get some experience(and give van Nis. some rest), since the results didnt matter anyway. Babel has these moments in which he outplays almost any defender(which he did a few times) and creates a gap(for a good assist). He isnt very good in the defensive role and the Argnentine defender did a great job.. I forgot his name but he was certainly man of the match
    to be honest Babel played better as van nistelrooij.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    I haven't been liking his playing attitude in this few games.
    He's always been very hot tempered, which is why he doesn't progress much. Before the world cup he was quoted as just about 10 million, way below the "superstar" level, and certainly below his talent.
    Last edited by spi-ti-tout; 06-22-2006 at 03:57 AM.

@ Drakkie

I think Kuyt missed the speed and creativity. If Robben was in you would have seen a whole better attack because he has the speed and technics to play out his man. As for Jaliens: he just isn't good enough. He is a fine player for the dutch competition but on the international level he just misses the quality. I do agree that Babel was better than van Nistelrooy but I'd rather seen Vennegoor.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

I think Argentina will walk Mexico.

Australia v Croatia is a much more important game no really, Australia is capable of winning, though if we do, it's only gonna be like 1-0. Croatia's defense is damn strong its gonna be hard to get past them.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Australia v Croatia is a much more important game no really, Australia is capable of winning, though if we do, it's only gonna be like 1-0. Croatia's defense is damn strong its gonna be hard to get past them.
    I like your thinking, never underestimate your opponents. Brazil is paying heavily for that now.

I probably won't be able to watch the match unfortunately, if all the fanboys want to watch Brazil 'pwn' Japan. Note Brazil is the Skyline of the football world.

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    I like your thinking, never underestimate your opponents. Brazil is paying heavily for that now.

I probably won't be able to watch the match unfortunately, if all the fanboys want to watch Brazil 'pwn' Japan. Note Brazil is the Skyline of the football world.
    exactly, and its carried with it what the skyline is now, over-rated, over-hyped and not as good as people percieve it to be
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

He's always been very hot tempered, which is why he doesn't progress much. Before the world cup he was quoted as just about 10 million, way below the "superstar" level, and certainly below his talent.
    That's because he plays too much for himself. I don't like the kid, but I believe he could be even greater than Figo, if he learned to play for the team. But he's still 21 or 22. Let's see what age can do for him.

BTW: here is his girl. She's a very friendly, simple and nice girl. But even if she wasn't, I'd still like her.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by McReis; 06-22-2006 at 05:22 AM.

Nothing beats the skill of amazing accurate aiming that players develop to score a goal from midf field. Nothing beats the light-fast leg movements that decieve other player's eyes. And nothing beats getting kicked in the balls and getting up again.
    In short, nothing beats this: http://www.flabber.nl/archief/016602.php

But he's still 21 or 22. Let's see what age can do for him.
    The thing is MANY other players have learnt to understand that and develop their talent in that way, like Rooney when he was 17. 20 is not very young at all for football, many end their careers just there.

BTW: here is his girl. She's a very friendly, simple and nice girl. But even if she wasn't, I'd still like her.
    Rumour has it you have some contact details...

Thread Information