Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup - Germany 2006 - Knock out stage

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    How do you say "go Portugal!" in Portugese ? :P

Finish those Dutch suckers !
    I don't speak the language but some of the scarves the fans had, had text "Forca Portugal" in them. I think that's what you're looking for.

I also saw scarves that had text "Hup Holland" in them. Is that the same in Dutch? I'm just curious as it sounds fun .
    Last edited by twinspark; 06-25-2006 at 01:10 PM.

vá Portugal i believe, Ze Turbo care to clarify?

The match is getting far too hot IMO, I wouldn't have been surprised to see a couple of straight red cards.

Quote Originally Posted by twinspark
    The match is getting far too hot IMO, I wouldn't have been surprised to see a couple of straight red cards.
    YEah just saw Deco get a yellow, pretty straight if you ask me, shame Holland lost their only advantage though, but i'm surpporting Portugal so..

The match is just about finished, not much really happened in the second half (on topic of shots and chances) but Deco was sent off () Just wandering will he have to miss his next match? Also the injured Ronaldo was abit sad too, hopefully he'll be fit for Portugal's next match..

**** yeah !!! Go portugal !! I couldn't stay seated, haha I was runnig around all the time because I was too excited!

hup holland hup, naar huis !!

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    The match is just about finished, not much really happened in the second half (on topic of shots and chances) but Deco was sent off () Just wandering will he have to miss his next match? Also the injured Ronaldo was abit sad too, hopefully he'll be fit for Portugal's next match..
    What??? Its great that Deco got sent off! He wont be able to play in the England game, same for Ronaldo if he is injured.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Força Portugal... BTW why are you such a fan?

Seriously the dutch clearly have no notion of fair-play, first Ronaldo and now this...

And, I will hate that referee for ever. That man clearly is a bozo!
    Some of the most patetic/idiotic performances by a referee ever IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by man 430gt
    We DON'T want Ronaldo to be fit for their next game, the next game is against US!!

Have to say, that was one of the most unbelievably poor displays I've ever seen by a referee. I think that was even worse than Poll's "3 yellow cards" the other night. Apparently there were only 25 fouls in the whole game, yet he still managed to book nearly the entire 22 players and send off 4 people. Absolutely pathetic.

Has to be said, the attitudes of the players of both teams didn't help either. Both sides showed shocking sportspanship and poor conduct throughout. It was exciting and action packed, but not exactly an advert for the beautiful game.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

It was just a disgrace how the referee leaded the game

He gave the dutch player Boulahrouz his second yellow card after Luis Figo just fell without being hit at all. Luis Figo is just clearly the biggest son of a b*tch who knows nothing about fair play.

Ronaldo is just a sad spoiled arrogant kid being teached a lesson by Boulahrouz in the first minutes

The Netherlands were overall better, they only weren't lucky enough to score the goal.

Next game Portugal will be out , because all the good players aren't allowed to play because they got a red card.
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

The ref was a complete disgrace and the Portuguese proved to be superior actors.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

**** yeah !!! Go portugal !! I couldn't stay seated, haha I was runnig around all the time because I was too excited!

hup holland hup, naar huis !!
    You are such a loser! Belgium didn't even make it to the World Cup

I'm for Germany now, I do feel some affection with our neighbours!
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Rijoh
    It was just a disgrace how the referee leaded the game

He gave the dutch player Boulahrouz his second yellow card after Luis Figo just fell without being hit at all. Luis Figo is just clearly the biggest son of a b*tch who knows nothing about fair play.
    To be fair, Figo clearly did take a fairly hefty blow to the face from that Russian guy. It wasn't intentional, but to the letter of the law I think the ref could argue that it warranted a yellow card. I guess that's partly the problem, FIFA have told all referees to clamp down on even the slightest bit of foul play and that's given the referees an excuse to go card crazy.

Having said that, Figo shouldn't have been on the pitch after that head-butt anyway. All in all the match was just a complete mess really. In terms of what little football was actually played a draw probably would've been a fair result, but I reckon Van Basten will be regretting his decision to play Kuyt instead of Ruud. Kuyt was pretty much inept, I reckon Van Nistelrooy would have scored at least one out there tonight.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Ok, now in that forum thread about who will win the cup, can someone take off Holland and create a space to vote for Portugal?? I don't know how to do it and the situation is becoming unfair.
    p.s - can someone please explain Van Basten's guys what fair-play means??

if this were real (betting), id be getting owned
    - Co sig -

Thread Information