28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mazdaspeed3

12 42.86%
  • Mazda MX-5 Miata

16 57.14%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mazdaspeed3 Vs. Mazda MX-5 Miata

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    An Evo/Sti is a luxury car in that you don't really NEED one. A much cheaper car will be just as good transport.
    If you continue that logic, you might as well rely on a bicycle and a train

The point is that you use an Evo/STi as a 'jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none' type car. It can go fast, but not as fast as some cars. It can carry quite a lot (particularly the STi wagon) but not too much. It handles well, but not as well as some cars. It is comfortable, but not as comfortably as other cars... you get the gist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Imprezas and Lancers as entry leve luxury cars? Americans definitely know nothing about cars... Unless you get very different EVO's and STI's from the ones we have...
    I said EVO/STI or entry-level luxury...in the $30K+ range.

I think very few would cross-shop EVO/STI with entry-level luxury cars; cars like Acura TL, Infiniti G35, BMW 3series, which tend to lean more to luxury.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    If you continue that logic, you might as well rely on a bicycle and a train

The point is that you use an Evo/STi as a 'jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none' type car. It can go fast, but not as fast as some cars. It can carry quite a lot (particularly the STi wagon) but not too much. It handles well, but not as well as some cars. It is comfortable, but not as comfortably as other cars... you get the gist of it.
    Dunno about Europe, but the U.S. doesn't get a STi wagon, so it doesn't really exist. Some logic there.

It's a strange matchup, totally different in characteristics but I'll play along anyway. I'd take the Mazdaspeed 3 just because it's a hot hatch but I'm wondering where the 4WD went (although it's understandable in money terms because those things add expense and weight but seem necessary in a FWD performance car). I seem to lean towards the hot hatches than the open top roadsters. I prefer coupes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    I said EVO/STI or entry-level luxury...in the $30K+ range.

I think very few would cross-shop EVO/STI with entry-level luxury cars; cars like Acura TL, Infiniti G35, BMW 3series, which tend to lean more to luxury.
    Oh sorry I misread your post...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    It's a strange matchup, totally different in characteristics but I'll play along anyway. I'd take the Mazdaspeed 3 just because it's a hot hatch but I'm wondering where the 4WD went (although it's understandable in money terms because those things add expense and weight but seem necessary in a FWD performance car). I seem to lean towards the hot hatches than the open top roadsters. I prefer coupes anyway.
    Exactly becuase of the cost. In Europe manufacturers seem to be locked up in a battle to who offers the faster cheapest hot hatch. At the moment (at least until the 3 MPS is launched), Ford with the Focus ST seems to be in pole position. It's great...
    Visca Catalunya!

Down under, all the higher level hot hatches (Astra Turbo, GTi, Focus XR5/ST) are the same price as the WRX
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Down under, all the higher level hot hatches (Astra Turbo, GTi, Focus XR5/ST) are the same price as the WRX
    Well you see here they aren't. The Focus is specially "cheap", it's about 7.000 € cheaper than the Subaru. And it can do 150mph whereas the WRX can "only" do 143mph.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    Dunno about Europe, but the U.S. doesn't get a STi wagon, so it doesn't really exist. Some logic there.
    There are other places outside of the USA.

Here they are in all there "we have STi wagons" glory:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    There are other places outside of the USA.

Here they are in all there "we have STi wagons" glory:
    Why did you deface that perfectly good map of Amerika? That's illegal here in the best damned protector of worlds.

Anyway, the 3 is a great car, but it's a daily driver, it shouldn't really be compared to the MX5.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Well you see here they aren't. The Focus is specially "cheap", it's about 7.000 € cheaper than the Subaru. And it can do 150mph whereas the WRX can "only" do 143mph.
    I wasn't having a go at you, just pointing it out. Scooby's don't have as far to come and Foci do, and vice versa for you
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

can anybody tell me where i can find the fuel pressure regulator on a mazdaspeed 3

Thread Information