Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mustang or Camaro

Mustang or Camaro

Which classic muscle car would you guys prefer to own. This is if you could choose any model of the camaro or mustang.

I would choose the mustang but just cause my dad owns one and im totally in love with it. ill post some pics of it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagsy
    Which classic muscle car would you guys prefer to own. This is if you could choose any model of the camaro or mustang.

I would choose the mustang but just cause my dad owns one and im totally in love with it. ill post some pics of it soon.
    well i would like to own the mustang GIMME GIMME GIMME
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

I would take a 69 camaro ss or a 68 rally sport
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I would have to take a Camaro Z28 (i think they were made in 69) with the 5-liter aluminum V8.

i would take a Yenko over a Shelby GT500, but i would go with a regular mustang over a camaro
    Last edited by bk4uyeah; 03-22-2004 at 03:56 PM.

why dont you just make it any classic pony car so people can chose the hemi cuda
    I am the Stig

Well thats a good idea fpv and itll invite others like NoOne to post what they really wanna say other then ill take car X....
    I personally would take the mustang my prefernce of the lot probly would have to be a 69 mach 1 with a big block and a top loader but i wouldent be to fussed about getting any v8 example.

well my absolute choice would have to be a '66 GT350, but i'd be willing to take either a 426 Hemi Cuda, 427 Camaro, 289 66 GT350 or 68 GT500KR, theyre all brilliant examples of muscle cars from their respective manufacturers. the GT350 probably stands out from the rest of the lot there with the 289 compared to the big blocks, but i believe the 66 mustang body was a helluva lot lighter than the 68 body and the cuda and camaro so the 306hp engine wouldve given a good fight
    I am the Stig

Hi there, Wagsy;

Tough choice; since everybody seems to be craving for first-year Z-28's or Boss 302 Mustangs I would like to focus on the real world. Fact of the matter is that overhere in Holland we are not exactly spoilt with choice in this section of the carmarket. Given the chance to choose from either car I'd go for the one in the best condition, with the best engine/box combination for the nicest price. Blindfolded I would go for a Mustang....

@Nazca C2; A '69 (68 saw Z-28's as well) Z-28 with an aluminum engine block? Not from the General in OE-form....
    Last edited by Hansv; 03-21-2004 at 11:32 AM.

Even if the Hemi 'Cuda were to be included, I'd be hard-pressed to pick it over a '69 ZL1 COPO Camaro ... awesome, absolutely awesome !!!

The 1969 ZL1 COPO Camaro being only 69 made with the all aluminum ZL1 427 rated at 430hp (actual output closer to 565hp), this was COPO order # 9560 as opposed to the 1969 COPO Camaro with the cast iron 427 (the L-72) rated at 425hp COPO order # 9561.

The ZL1 was dropped in favour of the L-72 due to costs and availability.

Some pictures here http://www.icehouse.net/camaros/mycopo3.htm

Quote Originally Posted by NoOne
    Even if the Hemi 'Cuda were to be included, I'd be hard-pressed to pick it over a '69 ZL1 COPO Camaro ... awesome, absolutely awesome !!!

The 1969 ZL1 COPO Camaro being only 69 made with the all aluminum ZL1 427 rated at 430hp (actual output closer to 565hp), this was COPO order # 9560 as opposed to the 1969 COPO Camaro with the cast iron 427 (the L-72) rated at 425hp COPO order # 9561.

The ZL1 was dropped in favour of the L-72 due to costs and availability.

Some pictures here http://www.icehouse.net/camaros/mycopo3.htm

I see there are a few Hemicuda fans on this thread! Nice to meet a fellow fan of one of the greatest musclecars of all time! Not many people know this, but the Yenko Camaros and Chevelles weren't as fast as the Yenko Nova SS. 0-60 in 4.7 seconds! Absolutely incredible, even by today's standards! I'd still take the Hemicuda, though. I know I'm biased, but it's still my fav.
    Life begins @ 200 MPH
    There's no replacement for displacement.

Quote Originally Posted by HemiCuda500
    I see there are a few Hemicuda fans on this thread! Nice to meet a fellow fan of one of the greatest musclecars of all time! Not many people know this, but the Yenko Camaros and Chevelles weren't as fast as the Yenko Nova SS. 0-60 in 4.7 seconds! Absolutely incredible, even by today's standards! I'd still take the Hemicuda, though. I know I'm biased, but it's still my fav.
    I'm a Moparhead, having owned several Chargers, a Duster, 2 Roadrunners and a variety of "beater" Chryslers (Cordobas,Volares and a 5th ave.) I have never been a big fan of the Chryco E-bodies ('Cuda and Challenger) being more into the "B" family (Chargers, Coronets, etc).

I'll give you the Yenko Nova SS over the Yenko Camaros and Chevelles ... but not over the ZL1 COPO Camaro ... just too awesome, as much as I hate to admit it, it is more than a match for any factory Hemi car ...'cept the '68 Hemi Dart.

does the GT500 count?

69' Camaro ZL-1. All aluminum 427 V-8 in a no options completely stock looking Camaro. Unfortunately only 69 were made.

didn't the COPO Camaro run 10.4 second 1/4 miles off the floor? The COPO Camaro was I believe also created without the consent of knowledge of the top Brass and was created in the experimental car plant. I also read that they came with special headers in the trunk just incase the buyer didn't realise he was getting a race car that was sneaked onto the street.
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Thread Information