Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hennessey and His Venom Want To Run A Veyron

Hennessey and His Venom Want To Run A Veyron

Well this should be interesting when/if it ever happens. Who would you like to see win and why?
    http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...223167,00.html

i want the veyron to win, only because henessey is allegedly an ass
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

What a dickhead, not a chance. Will he put drag radials on the Viper? Seeing as though the Veyron will be racing a modified car, it should be allowed to be modified as well. Let them reprogram the car to allow it to launch in Handling mode then change to Top Speed mode on the move. All that downforce plus AWD on launch would flog the Viper, and then better aerodynamics will allow it run better at speed. Who wants to go 250mph in a roadster?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Who wants to go 250mph in a roadster?
    I want to...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Mr. Redneck and his all-American straight-line crap. If they ever race on a real race track, that redneck's gonna smash his Viper to pieces at the first corner he sees.

I wouldn't mind going 250mph in a roadster as long it's something like a CLK-GTR Roadster.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

We have so much brute force that aerodynamics aren’t going to matter as much,” he said.
    um yeah. and try and punch through a brick wall. aerodynamics always matter.

and that whole bit about every car person wanting to see the bugatti beat? only if its by another production car. otherwise its meaningless.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z
    um yeah. and try and punch through a brick wall. aerodynamics always matter.

and that whole bit about every car person wanting to see the bugatti beat? only if its by another production car. otherwise its meaningless.
    If the race was to 60, aerodinamics wouldn't matter much...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

“...aerodynamics aren’t going to matter as much,” he said.

As much as what?

The fact that you are about to die horribly?

Bugatti said that the Veyron would do 250mph, and it does.

Hennessey says his car will do "255mph", does it?

When's proof coming?

Why haven't they tried yet?

Yack, yack, yack...

You know I just decided that I have a car which does 300mph, I haven't built one, or driven it that fast, but if I put it in the press it must be true...
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    You know I just decided that I have a car which does 300mph, I haven't built one, or driven it that fast, but if I put it in the press it must be true...
    LOL!

What a load of pap - aerodynamics won't matter that much - jesus, it stuns me how little some proper car people know about cars. Or, indeed their willingness to talk utter bullshit.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

The way I see it, he has become an American Ricer. Uncle Ben anyone? If you put enough money into a Civic it would possibly beat an Enzo. How hard is it to extract power from an 8 L V-10 if you slap the world's biggest supercharger on it? Let's see the twisties come and get your ass beat by any car. He also claimed his car was smog legal. Motortrend did a sudden smog test on all their cars in one of their issues and they smog tested the Hennessey Viper and guess what? It wasn't.

What a shocker. There's nothing to be proud of if you just put road tyres on a race car. I could do that!

Ive seen a video where he already broke 240mph (and also broke his rear end :P) Im sure that itll beable to outspeed the Veyron.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Ive seen a video where he already broke 240mph (and also broke his rear end :P) Im sure that itll beable to outspeed the Veyron.
    Care to share?

No way. Power overcoming air is an exponential curve - to give you some idea, to 'endow' a McLaren F1 the top speed of a Punto 1.4 (90mph) you need less than 50bhp yet you need 626bhp to get it to do 240mph.

broke 240mph
    According to a speedo, or proper measuring equipment?

Good luck to him though; the Viper was only ever designed to do c.200mph, so how stable the car is (or isn't) over that speed is, I would guess, largely unknown.

Going from his comedy comment about "aerodynamics not being that important" at 250mph, I wouldn't want to drive anything he has created.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information