Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hennessey and His Venom Want To Run A Veyron

Who cares if its a modded car or not the Veryon is extremly fast but everyone knows some one who has a car that would walk all over it. I really hope they do Ive never been a big fan of the car to me its just as bad as the AMS evo way to much hype and the car always brakes. It might be a good race if VW err I mean Bugatti can keep the dam thing together.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    What a dickhead, not a chance. Will he put drag radials on the Viper? Seeing as though the Veyron will be racing a modified car, it should be allowed to be modified as well. Let them reprogram the car to allow it to launch in Handling mode then change to Top Speed mode on the move. All that downforce plus AWD on launch would flog the Viper, and then better aerodynamics will allow it run better at speed. Who wants to go 250mph in a roadster?
    Thats funny because if you would know anything about drag racing the awd car is one of the hardest to launch and they veryon would probably snap its axle. Also can it even do a proper burnout to warm the tires up or will it just spin the entire way down the track?

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Mr. Redneck and his all-American straight-line crap. If they ever race on a real race track, that redneck's gonna smash his Viper to pieces at the first corner he sees.

I wouldn't mind going 250mph in a roadster as long it's something like a CLK-GTR Roadster.
    To some people the real track is the 1/4 does that make them a redneck because that is a real track? No. If im not mistaken the worlds fastest cars are run in a straigtline and they have over 8k horsepower but i geuss there not real race cars cuz they dont race on "real tracks". The viper handels well you never know it might outhandel the viper. Also theres a venom coupe who said theyd be racing the vert?
    Last edited by rev440; 06-27-2006 at 09:51 AM.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Also the venom coupes are equipped with Moton Sport Tech suspensions which are said to handle very well. I think the case will be that the Veyron rapes the viper from 0-100 or less and then the Viper catches up and maybe even pulls a little, and then from 200+ the Viper becomes very unstable and no one can tell what is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Mr. Redneck and his all-American straight-line crap. If they ever race on a real race track, that redneck's gonna smash his Viper to pieces at the first corner he sees.

I wouldn't mind going 250mph in a roadster as long it's something like a CLK-GTR Roadster.
    Hennessey is a Texas-based company. Are you trying to imply something about Texans?
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    “...aerodynamics aren’t going to matter as much,” he said.

As much as what?

The fact that you are about to die horribly?

Bugatti said that the Veyron would do 250mph, and it does.

Hennessey says his car will do "255mph", does it?

When's proof coming?

Why haven't they tried yet?

Yack, yack, yack...

You know I just decided that I have a car which does 300mph, I haven't built one, or driven it that fast, but if I put it in the press it must be true...
    It isn't like it's impossible considering the car pulled 218 miles per hour in 26 seconds in the Strike Force review.

And what's with all this (it's MODIFIED!?) crap.
    From what I recall, the Viper runs mainly with 2 turbos on a V10. The Veyron sports 4 on what is practically 2 W8s.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    Also the venom coupes are equipped with Moton Sport Tech suspensions which are said to handle very well.
    The Hennessy Viper spun it's Pilot Sport 2's through 3 gears in it's Motor Trend testing, I'm sure that would result in a poor laptime.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    And what's with all this (it's MODIFIED!?) crap.
    From what I recall, the Viper runs mainly with 2 turbos on a V10. The Veyron sports 4 on what is practically 2 W8s.
    Well, the Hennessy IS a modified version of a stock car, is it not?

Comparable to saying, "Well, my genetically enhanced apple has a shelf life that is 30x longer than an organic apple."

"Yes, but your apple is genetically enhanced."

"So! It's still an apple!!"

Do you get what I'm trying to say? Hennessy's Viper is OBVIOUSLY built and MODIFIED for straight-line speed, no if's, and's, or but's about it. On the other hand, the Veyron is a proven track-going car, despite it's weight, which also excels in reaching 400 km/h... completely stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella

Comparable to saying, "Well, my genetically enhanced apple has a shelf life that is 30x longer than an organic apple."

Do you get what I'm trying to say? Hennessy's Viper is OBVIOUSLY built and MODIFIED for straight-line speed, no if's, and's, or but's about it. On the other hand, the Veyron is a proven track-going car, despite it's weight, which also excels in reaching 400 km/h... completely stock.
    Its making the same hp with modded suspension who cares. There both on par the viper has STOCK INTERANALS STOCK! Also if im not mistaken the bug has more boost? Come on guys you cannot say this wouldnt be a good race the Viper is a proven good handeling car and no one said the veryon couldnt be modded for a straight line. Old Hennesy and VW are both coming up to bat with 1k horse cars who cares if its modded or not. I think the viper would walk all over it. Also where was it proven on the track Top Gear didnt drive it on there track nor has it been tested on the ring. You guys are acting like the viper has 300 more hp are you scared of a little American built muscle?

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    Its making the same hp with modded suspension who cares. There both on par the viper has STOCK INTERANALS STOCK! Also if im not mistaken the bug has more boost? Come on guys you cannot say this wouldnt be a good race the Viper is a proven good handeling car and no one said the veryon couldnt be modded for a straight line. Old Hennesy and VW are both coming up to bat with 1k horse cars who cares if its modded or not. I think the viper would walk all over it. Also where was it proven on the track Top Gear didnt drive it on there track nor has it been tested on the ring. You guys are acting like the viper has 300 more hp are you scared of a little American built muscle?
    I can not put this any more simply. THE HENNESSY VIPER HAS TWIN-TURBOS. A STOCK VIPER COMES WITH A NATURALLY ASPIRATED V10.

I never said it wouldn't be a good battle, I was just countering the 'modified' point. What is it with Jingoism in this world. "Shit man, the Viper iz American, HEMI POWER!!!!" I get the point, it goes like 255 mph or something, which is a great accomplishment no doubt. However, is it something worth taking a bullet for?

The Venom is a good track car.
    In a test a few months ago with other cars, this was it's results as on a standard 600-foot-slalom test on a figure-either layout

C6 Z06 Stock - 23.9 seconds lap time/0.84 average cornering G-Force
    Venom - 24.2 seconds lap time/0.87 average cornering G-Force

Braking 60-0
    C6 Z06 stock - 104ft
    Venom-104ft

The car has a nice 11.7 Sec @ 138.7Mph quarter mile
    The Veyron has what? Around 10.8 @ 140mph?

Seem like the cars are pretty equal.

EDIT: Here's another thing.
    The Viper was dynoed at 983.5 horsepower with 981.2 pound-feet of torque.
    Hennessey claims the boost can be increased with more power.
    Last edited by F1_Master; 06-27-2006 at 09:24 PM.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

The Venom is a good track car.
    In a test a few months ago with other cars, this was it's results as on a standard 600-foot-slalom test on a figure-either layout

C6 Z06 Stock - 23.9 seconds lap time/0.84 average cornering G-Force
    Venom - 24.2 seconds lap time/0.87 average cornering G-Force

Braking 60-0
    C6 Z06 stock - 104ft
    Venom-104ft

The car has a nice 11.7 Sec @ 138.7Mph quarter mile
    The Veyron has what? Around 10.8 @ 140mph?

Seem like the cars are pretty equal.
    Point taken, but those figures aren't too impressive.

I can not put this any more simply. THE HENNESSY VIPER HAS TWIN-TURBOS. A STOCK VIPER COMES WITH A NATURALLY ASPIRATED V10.

I never said it wouldn't be a good battle, I was just countering the 'modified' point. What is it with Jingoism in this world. "Shit man, the Viper iz American, HEMI POWER!!!!" I get the point, it goes like 255 mph or something, which is a great accomplishment no doubt. However, is it something worth taking a bullet for?
    You forgot to add the veryon has not 1 not 2 but freaking 6 more cylinders! He just wants to race and you guys are acting likes its such a bad thing for racing in a straight line. A 138.7 mph is a low 10 second pass and were talking about the venom 1000

Quote Originally Posted by hennesy website
    0-60: 2.25 sec. *
    1/4 mile: 9.75 sec. @ 148+ mph *
    Note: * Denotes Viper World Record. Times were obtained with MT "ET Street" tires.
    Last edited by rev440; 06-27-2006 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    You forgot to add the veryon has not 1 not 2 but freaking 6 more cylinders! He just wants to race and you guys are acting likes its such a bad thing for racing in a straight line.
    Rev, you have a bad habit of putting words in my mouth. All that I stated was,

I personally feel that the competition would be great, and I would love to see the Viper trump the Veyron [I'm not a huge fan of the car anyway, well, both cars].

BTW, don't bring the whole cylinder and quad-turbo BS into it, they both make practically the same power.

Yes, the original Viper is naturally apsirated. The Veyron isn't.

I mean, hell, it seems that we can't compare them because one just as 2 turbos slapped on.

That's like saying we can't compare a S7 TT to an Enzo because Saleen just slapped on twin turbos to a natually aspirated V8. This is practically what Bugatti did! They took 2 W8s, knocked them together and slapped on 4 turbos.

Both cars are running on turbos, 1 on FOUR.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Yes, the original Viper is naturally apsirated. The Veyron isn't.

I mean, hell, it seems that we can't compare them because one just as 2 turbos slapped on.

That's like saying we can't compare a S7 TT to an Enzo because Saleen just slapped on twin turbos to a natually aspirated V8. This is practically what Bugatti did! They took 2 W8s, knocked them together and slapped on 4 turbos.

Both cars are running on turbos, 1 on FOUR.
    Ugh. I give up. I'm not questioning it's abilities, or whether or not the fight's fair. I just brought up that the car's modified, and that was all.

I know that. But how else would a Viper ever compete?
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information