Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hennessey and His Venom Want To Run A Veyron

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    isn't it dangerous to take a viper(which is a street car) with 1000hp on a road course or at 200mph with the top down? From what i heard, it is one brutal car stock, without traction control. But, didn't formula 1 cars have that same amount of horsepower and they didn't have any kind of roof....

F1 cars have a huge wing to keep there ass end on the ground!

Oh ya and the Viper is gonna get its ass handed to it

Quote Originally Posted by pAinTrAin
    F1 cars have a huge wing to keep there ass end on the ground!

Oh ya and the Viper is gonna get its ass handed to it
    I think the Viper will walk the veryon in a 1/4.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    Maybe The Veryon is AWD right? I have seen AWD's own RWD's with even more more HP, Maybe its all in the driver!

Despite the Veyron's grip, aero, gearbox and launch advantages?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by pAinTrAin
    Maybe The Veryon is AWD right? I have seen AWD's own RWD's with even more more HP, Maybe its all in the driver!
    Yes indeed its possable for a awd to own a rwd car with even more horse because they can launch with basically zero wheel spin. But when it gets into higher horse engines that have torque you cant get them to hook up causing massive wheel spin because they cannot warm the tires up properly. Theres many fast evos but why they can launch so well is they dont make alot of torque down low but when you look at a fast one like the AMS evo it cant hook. I also think the veryons driveline would snap.

I also think the veryons driveline would snap.
    You've said this before. What proof do you have that it'd snap? And what particularly do you think will snap? The term driveline covers quite a few parts. I think its a very safe bet that of the Veyron's that've been delievered already most, if not all of them have been launched hard. It would've come out if they have driveline issues. You're clearly basing this upon things you seen happen to EVOs, STis, Talons, etc, cars that didn't have drivetrains with quad turbo W16s in mind
    Last edited by 2ndclasscitizen; 06-29-2006 at 09:39 PM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    You've said this before. What proof do you have that it'd snap? And what particularly do you think will snap? The term driveline covers quite a few parts. I think its a very safe bet that of the Veyron's that've been delievered already most, if not all of them have been launched hard. It would've come out if they have driveline issues. You're clearly basing this upon things you seen happen to EVOs, STis, Talons, etc, cars that didn't have drivetrains with quad turbo W16s in mind
    Not really any proof but I think the axles will brake because they will not be able to handel the stress. If the car is floored from 0 it will just spin causing the viper to win because the viper can heat the tires up and the veryon cant.

Not really any proof but I think the axles will brake because they will not be able to handel the stress. If the car is floored from 0 it will just spin causing the viper to win because the viper can heat the tires up and the veryon cant.
    Except they won't. The Veryon has launch control and a variable AWD system. iIf the Viper lights its wheels through 3 gears, its going to be insane wheelspin at launch
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    The Hennessy Viper spun it's Pilot Sport 2's through 3 gears in it's Motor Trend testing, I'm sure that would result in a poor laptime.
    That has to do with poor traction, as we can see the driver was clearly throttle happy. The moton sport tech suspension allows for incredible high speed handling, and supposable blazing turn out speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I can not put this any more simply. THE HENNESSY VIPER HAS TWIN-TURBOS. A STOCK VIPER COMES WITH A NATURALLY ASPIRATED V10.

I never said it wouldn't be a good battle, I was just countering the 'modified' point. What is it with Jingoism in this world. "Shit man, the Viper iz American, HEMI POWER!!!!" I get the point, it goes like 255 mph or something, which is a great accomplishment no doubt. However, is it something worth taking a bullet for?
    Hmmmm lets see, lets just compare shall we. We have here a Pushrod v10, against a 4 turbo 4 bank 16 cylinder engine. All we have is some good all fashion garrets some other mods on this viper and youre telling me we cant compare? Why not? seems pretty fair to anti up these cars given the prices, the hp, the engines, the weight, hell lets have a fiesta.

The key to the Viper in this race will be short shifting, the car wont spin if shifted at lower rpms. It is damn near impossible to put down full power all the time with this car, as for the bug, hit it without worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    That has to do with poor traction, as we can see the driver was clearly throttle happy. The moton sport tech suspension allows for incredible high speed handling, and supposable blazing turn out speeds.
    So Hennessy don't give you suspension mods with the engine mods? Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007
    The key to the Viper in this race will be short shifting, the car wont spin if shifted at lower rpms. It is damn near impossible to put down full power all the time with this car, as for the bug, hit it without worries.
    Then whats the point?
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Except they won't. The Veryon has launch control and a variable AWD system. iIf the Viper lights its wheels through 3 gears, its going to be insane wheelspin at launch
    Theres a difference between a street and a prepped track in grip and such. Also theres no way that it will be able to hook it will just be all over the track. Who cares about the launch what about after the turbos hit full boost down the track? The viper will be on slicks no doubt and will not loose traction one bit it would just grab and go were as the veryon will be spinning like no other.

Theres a difference between a street and a prepped track in grip and such. Also theres no way that it will be able to hook it will just be all over the track. Who cares about the launch what about after the turbos hit full boost down the track? The viper will be on slicks no doubt and will not loose traction one bit it would just grab and go were as the veryon will be spinning like no other.
    Why does the Viper get slicks whereas the Veyron doesn't. And just because the Viper can warm up its tires doesn't mean that it won't have wheelspin. Also I've seen a Jeep do a four wheel burnout so I'm sure that a 1001 horsepower Veyron could do that as well, albeit with traction control turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    Why does the Viper get slicks whereas the Veyron doesn't. And just because the Viper can warm up its tires doesn't mean that it won't have wheelspin. Also I've seen a Jeep do a four wheel burnout so I'm sure that a 1001 horsepower Veyron could do that as well, albeit with traction control turned off.
    Trust me Ive seen cars do 4wd burnouts and break they cant heat the tires right look ath the AMS evo. Plus you said a jeep with small tires on it that are easy to smoke were talking about a veryon with hugh tires on it. Why doesnt warmining the tires up on the viper mean it wont spin are you kidding me? The viper with a decent launch will just hoook and shoot with a good driver and it might even have a auto trans with a trans brake causing it to have a perfect launch every time.
    Last edited by rev440; 06-30-2006 at 10:11 AM.

Thread Information