Thread: History of the Titan and its designers...

History of the Titan and its designers...

Ok, ive searched through the net but ive found no luck.

But anyways, i read the book, "The Creative Priority" by Jerry Hirshberg who was one of the creater's of NDI, which is nissan's design firm in america that does many designs for Nissan. (from the first pathfinder to the 350Z and the Xterra) I had also heard sometime ago from a Titan owner that nissan "stole" some ford designers b/c allegedly they couldnt make the truck big enough w/o outside help. Now, i dont know how that'd be the case since they had a design studio IN the US. Now regardless of whether or not that is even true, it made me wonder what the history of the Titan's design was and if NDI had a hand in it or not. I asked the same question on a Titan forum and got a lil help but nothing on the topic of who was involved really.

As far as the book goes, its a great book. I think many people here could get alot of good from reading it, especially people who arent that accepting to other cultures. And you also learn alot about the car industry and the creative process as well. And it also gives a look into the negatives of GM designing as Hirshburg worked for GM before moving to Nissan.
    You can call me scott.

Is this about the Titan F3 cars?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

ah no, i could have clarified more, but its about the Nissan Titan truck.

Oh and i wasnt sure what forum to put it in, but i figured it was sort of a trivia thing, like guess the car but more like guess the designer. but now that i think about it, i think im a bit off
    Last edited by scottie300z; 07-03-2006 at 10:41 PM.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z
    ah no, i could have clarified more, but its about the Nissan Titan truck.

Oh and i wasnt sure what forum to put it in, but i figured it was sort of a trivia thing, like guess the car but more like guess the designer. but now that i think about it, i think im a bit off
    which makes the whole subject far less interesting for me
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information