Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 73 of 73

Thread: montoya to nascar???

  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    16,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    At the same time, he is contracted to McLaren, and they have paid him a lot of money - they aren't about to let him just run off shouting "***k you, and your mother too."
    Imagining Montoya saying that just made me laugh for a good 10 seconds.

    Similar to the famous, "You broke my ****ing head!" line.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in South America
    Posts
    1,281
    The only reason that Dennis mentioned that Montoya is still a McLaren driver is to get a couple millions back from Chip Ganassi, Montoya or his new sponsors. IMHO there is no way the will sit an un motivated, un happy and nothing to lose colombian in a race seat. It doesn't even make sense to punish him with testing duties.
    Zag when they Zig

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    S. California, USA
    Posts
    1,174
    I think it's a good thing for NASCAR. To get drivers of other nationalities will certainly widen the limited "scoop" of what NASCAR has right now. I mean all NASCAR drivers are Americans and till now it's still all American made cars that's racing (at least not until next season when Toyota joins the chase).

    It's not the greatest race to watch (IMHO) but it's a good thing
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

    My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Inglewood, CA
    Posts
    5

    Juan with a roof over his head

    Ganassi is more sick of not having the spotlight on him in Nascar than Juan is sick of his run in F1. If nothing else everyone involved got a little bit richer after that news conference.
    "In the country of the blind the one-eyed man is king." - Erasmus

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in South America
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver said on 07-11-2006
    I'll bet De La Rossa scores more points between now and the end than Montoya this season.

    Quote Originally Posted by magracer replied on 07-11-2006
    You are on... Let's say, $5 virtual dollars...
    So Montoya has 26 points now and De la Rosa has 18, so he would have to win the Brazilian Grand Prix for ScionDriver to win this bet. I would rate that event happening with a slim to none probability.
    Zag when they Zig

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    195
    Hey, Montoya did podium.
    "That's the first time I've been unhappy to have a bird on my face."


    -Jenson Button after having a bird hit him during a preseason practice

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in South America
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by ptclaus98
    Hey, Montoya did podium.
    You are right, so probably he scored 200 points... DLR will never catch him then!
    Zag when they Zig

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Location: Location: (UK)
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by magracer
    So Montoya has 26 points now and De la Rosa has 18, so he would have to win the Brazilian Grand Prix for ScionDriver to win this bet. I would rate that event happening with a slim to none probability.
    Button has won a race, Button.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

  9. #69
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    Button has won a race, Button.
    He had a great drive and some other guys made some mistakes.


    And he's the only driver not driving for Ferrari or Renault to win one this year. So quit being so damn snooty.
    "That's the first time I've been unhappy to have a bird on my face."


    -Jenson Button after having a bird hit him during a preseason practice

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Mid North South Australia
    Posts
    813
    Haha Button is the proverbial tortoise, sooooo god damn slow. EVERYONE ELSE are the hares. Unfortunately F1 isnt a test of endurance. Therefore the tortoises only hope is if the wheels fall off alot of hares cars. It seems that happens once in 130 odd races....
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Way Down South
    Posts
    2,708
    Quote Originally Posted by byronleehk
    I think it's a good thing for NASCAR. To get drivers of other nationalities will certainly widen the limited "scoop" of what NASCAR has right now. I mean all NASCAR drivers are Americans and till now it's still all American made cars that's racing (at least not until next season when Toyota joins the chase).

    It's not the greatest race to watch (IMHO) but it's a good thing
    Uh... Toyotas are made in the USA, by a Japanese company, which must run pushrod engines in 1960's tech chassis. There won't be anything to it except gettin' in the (advertising) game. But Juan Pablo racing the rings the House of France built?

    Booo-yah! Ol' Bubba Montoya gonna whup ass on some ARCA boys now.
    Get them Buds on ice and open another bag o' pork rinds!

    It's not even a race to watch, it's entry level WWF, with hero and villain development and caution flags. A pathetic end to a once promising career. He deserves it.
    '62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '64 VW Microbus 21 Deluxe
    '67 911S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 911T Targa Sporto
    '68 Mercedes 280 SL
    '62 BMW 700 Sport
    '63 BMW 700 Cabriolet
    '72 BMW 3.0CSL
    '72 BMW 3.0CSA
    '70 914/6 GT

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by csl177
    Uh... Toyotas are made in the USA, by a Japanese company, which must run pushrod engines in 1960's tech chassis. There won't be anything to it except gettin' in the (advertising) game. But Juan Pablo racing the rings the House of France built?

    Booo-yah! Ol' Bubba Montoya gonna whup ass on some ARCA boys now.
    Get them Buds on ice and open another bag o' pork rinds!

    It's not even a race to watch, it's entry level WWF, with hero and villain development and caution flags. A pathetic end to a once promising career. He deserves it.
    What's up with this pork rind bullshit?



    I don't think I've seen anybody eat those damn things since 2000.
    "That's the first time I've been unhappy to have a bird on my face."


    -Jenson Button after having a bird hit him during a preseason practice

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Way Down South
    Posts
    2,708
    [QUOTE=ptclaus98]What's up with this pork rind bullshit?

    It's a deliberate stereotype... Slim Jims and PBR? Icehouse and Johnsonville Brats? Pulled pork with slaw and sweet tea?

    The humor (which apparently evaded you) was about JPM's integration into the world of NASCAR fandom. Obviously a very different culture compared to F1. He'll be fine... win a few, maybe even a bunch of races, and after awhile moms and dads in the heartland will be naming babies after him.
    '62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '64 VW Microbus 21 Deluxe
    '67 911S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 911T Targa Sporto
    '68 Mercedes 280 SL
    '62 BMW 700 Sport
    '63 BMW 700 Cabriolet
    '72 BMW 3.0CSL
    '72 BMW 3.0CSA
    '70 914/6 GT

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. If you hated Speed TV before
    By CSL in forum Racing forums
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 11:10 AM
  2. Toyota in NASCAR?
    By Acura/subarufan in forum Racing forums
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-02-2005, 11:01 AM
  3. McLaren confirms Montoya for 2005
    By DarkPhenix in forum Racing forums
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 01:08 PM
  4. NASCAR commentators
    By Coventrysucks in forum Racing forums
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-06-2004, 05:44 AM
  5. Montoya and Gordon ready for car-swap
    By piledriver in forum Racing forums
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-28-2003, 10:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •