Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My BMW 318i, Or 'Claudia', as she is known.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    You're right, it's not supposed to be regarded as a little car, but by today's standards it is small. Cars are gettign fatter everyday.
    Indeed- the old Honda Accord is actually smaller than the current Honda Civic...

There is a late 80s-early 90s Range Rover at work, I can see over the roof. :P

Quote Originally Posted by white devil
    SWEEEEtTT
    my first car was a 1987 325i...big difference in power...
    myn was a bit ****ed more than your's

but sweet car man
    the car in the pics you posted is not a '87 325i ...its not even an E30... its an E21...

Lucky to have found such a nice example. This model of the 3-series really made BMW popular. Great looking cars...

Congrats!
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

looks sweet, certainly a damn sight better than my first car! have fun with it :d
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Sweet car! Rear disc brakes and headrest really are a exlusive option. I'm looking for new leather interior with headrest for my E30. And the paint just look like it's still new!

I do have the BMW sound system (tweeters at mirrors, etc.), wich you don't see that often. I'm know installing electric windows, with key with a butten, and when the car is locked from distance, the windows automaticly close themself.

You will enjoy this car, I drove a golf IV whole week, and when I drove my E30 tonight, first thing I noticed was how smooth the ride is, and how quite if you're not flooring it. My daily is a 320i, with 129bhp, with rear disc in the trunk (need to install them). But I did some laps against a 318i, and actually, the differance isn't that spectaculair. My car did have an extra passenger, but still, I needed to get the most out of my car, to drive faster then the 318i.

Digi Pics hide a plethora of sins regarding the paint - it's in a bit of a state unfortunately.NO RUST though!

Your Car sounds cool. Claudia is currently working following a bit of a speedo issue (it didn't work, cue $325 replacement part....) and It might need some engine work in the future, but other than that she's a faithful, loyal and enjoyable companion.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    Digi Pics hide a plethora of sins regarding the paint - it's in a bit of a state unfortunately.NO RUST though!

Your Car sounds cool. Claudia is currently working following a bit of a speedo issue (it didn't work, cue $325 replacement part....) and It might need some engine work in the future, but other than that she's a faithful, loyal and enjoyable companion.
    When reading this thread, I thought about updating mine, so here are some pic's of my E30's. First one is a type I and the second one is a type II.

The 316 is now sleeping in a garage, and will be rebuild when I've got the time and money. Since it's almost old enough to drive it as a oldtimer, I then can do more with the car (belgium has some stupid rules about what you can change on a car). I'm still doubting about what I'm going to do with it, or keep it in the best shape as possible, with everything original, or the same, but with a newer engine (read heavier).

The 320i, will probably get a 2.5l engine, but I need to be sure for first that I can change the brakes. Cause you ain't nothing with bhp when the car can't stop them.

awesome buy, quite nicely priced for a prestige brand. good find

might see you zooming around next time i come down to canberra to kick simons ass @ nexus again.. (i will be in my new car then too )
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Hopefully you'll get to ride in It

Call us whenever that happens again and I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by BMW325
    the car in the pics you posted is not a '87 325i ...its not even an E30... its an E21...
    And therefore, not even a 325. It can be 323.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    And therefore, not even a 325. It can be 323.
    Or a 320i

It is funny how V6 is standing on a BMW considdering that they never made a V6

I spun one of those on wet (empty) roads on the first time I drove it. It took me all of 5 minutes! be careful and don get bit...
    Zag when they Zig

Quite and interesting story....

Wet roundabout + 60kp/h = Drift. Ease off accelerator, turn into direction of skid, and it just worked.

If i'd done that in my jeep it would have snapped back and we'd have had an issue, but with Claudia, it's a breeze.

They are quite easy to handle with oversteer. The only "problem" is that they sometimes oversteer without you wanting it, but still, I never had a situation where I wasn't under controle.

While when you really want to drift, it can be a bit more difficult, but still, good practise cars. Cause of the 2valves per cilinder, they have a bit more torque in the lower revs (about 80/85% starting @ 1600rpm) so on wet roads, just flooring it, even in low rpm means lifting of...

Thread Information