Thread: Mighty Meteor?

Mighty Meteor?

two words i thought i would never say and to tell you the truth probebly never will and probebly never should! i currently get around in a 1985 Ford Meteor GL, 1.5L with the 5 speed in it. ok i admit i only on my P's so i don't really want anything real quick but, well i didn't want anything this slow either! trust me to step out of a VY SS ute while on my L's into my little thumper was a bit of a shock (as you could expect when something has 4 times the horses under the bonnet) anyways i said i have a 1.5 stocky under the hood of mine and i'v been hearing rhumers that there was a 2.0L twin carb built for the meteors. is this true? if so where do i get my hands on one? not that i really need one, i have a Leyland Mini Pannel van thats been sitting under a pine tree for too long with my name on it that will one day be sporting a 1350 motor and all the good old fashioned cooper s/1275GT go fast bits but it would be interesting to know if my little car did have a chance to keep up with our non turbo landcruser

Don't suppose you've taken any photo's of your ride mate?

From what I gather 1987 was the last year for Meteors, so there was a model change in there somewhere - it's likely they changed the engine too.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Classy. I've an old Mini panelvan too, but mine's a '65 roundie. The gearbox is dying though.. I can't really use first anymore. At around christmas there should be a 1275 EFI/gearbox coming in from england though to put in, so that'll be good.. I'll finally have enough gearbox to cruise along over 80km/h!

Pictures..... to tell you the truth, no! wow that is really suprising. the reason for that is because it once was owned by a local old man who in his old age did run into a couple of, well, sheds, lawnmowers you know the usual! i will get some pictures of it, but i will say i havent had the time to put into it yet so it looks fairly ordinary at the moment, i will say this i havent put a bend on it so yeah

Thread Information