Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition (C199) 2006-2010

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "Read The F'in Article"
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "Read The F'in Article"
    Sure I did, but I don't think the performance upgrades are beneficial enough to be performance upgrades, I just think that Mercedes is trying to slip in something before the next supercar comes along, just like Nissan with all different versions of 350Zs and Skylines. It's a little lame for this "special" version to be linked to the original SLR to be honest, although this makes a better modern supercar.

Oh and when I said "more than just little tweaks", I meant heritage, which I fail to see somehow.
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 07-11-2006 at 05:41 AM.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    Sure I did, but I don't think the performance upgrades are beneficial enough to be performance upgrades, I just think that Mercedes is trying to slip in something before the next supercar comes along, just like Nissan with all different versions of 350Zs and Skylines. It's a little lame for this "special" version to be linked to the original SLR to be honest, although this makes a better modern supercar.
    When is a performance upgrade a performance upgrade? Is there a minimum amount of horsepower increase or minimum amount of lowering/stiffening required to count as a performance upgrade. The McMerc SLR has always been linked with the original SLR; hence the name.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    When is a performance upgrade a performance upgrade? Is there a minimum amount of horsepower increase or minimum amount of lowering/stiffening required to count as a performance upgrade. The McMerc SLR has always been linked with the original SLR; hence the name.
    Ok ok my fault for making things seem blurry, here's my bottom line: I just don't think this car nor the regular version makes a good successor of the original SLR, and this special edition is just there to get our attention until the next Mercedes supercar comes out. And I think it's just a little lame to further linking it to the original SLR when technically there isn't a link between this and the original except for the tiniest bits of design.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Haha I was hoping for 722 horsepower by the title. But 650'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    But does it has the savage melody the old 5.5-litre supercharged V8 had? God I like that sound...
    "Like God gargling with nails"

I love the SLR... except for the proportions. Then again, its faults make it even more beautiful.

Ferrari Enzo?

Pagani Zonda 'F' (AKA - Fangio)?

Do you think these are 'lame' links? I'm sure there are tonnes more... oo, how about the ligier road car - BLURGH!
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    Ferrari Enzo?

Pagani Zonda 'F' (AKA - Fangio)?

Do you think these are 'lame' links? I'm sure there are tonnes more... oo, how about the ligier road car - BLURGH!
    They most certainly aren't.

Ligier... beast... 40 mph!! ****ING YES MATE!!

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    They most certainly aren't.

Ligier... beast... 40 mph!! ****ING YES MATE!!
    what's wrong with the Ligier road car? It comes with a Maserati V6 engine as well....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I was thinking of this...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was thinking of this...
    as with Jenks, do your resaerch first
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Yeah...

That's a Ligier too though, and more than enough to sully that Daytona/Dino rip-off!

Yeah...

That's a Ligier too though, and more than enough to sully that Daytona/Dino rip-off!
    I knew that you were referring to the current production models, but yes, the company also has a history, which we also witnessed this weekend when the only JS3 ever build outpaced a well driven 917 at the LeMans Classic.

i it only had 722 HP i would care more about it, it's still the same boat from mercedes, all that carbon and still so much weight, doing what everyone else can do but with twice the weight... now that's good use of technology!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Guest Guest
    went to the mercedes stand today and asked about this, told there were no brochures, then he said "wait" and pulled out a dog eared one from under the desk, i was only allowed to look, not keep, but it was of a 722 on a track with a blurred backround, i dont think its in this thread, but was i "special" in getting to see it or was he just messing me about?

Thread Information