View Poll Results: Which engine do you think will produce the most power and the best fuel mileage?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • I-4

6 10.91%
  • I-6

14 25.45%
  • V-6

4 7.27%
  • V-8

14 25.45%
  • Box 4

4 7.27%
  • Box 6

5 9.09%
  • Don't know

8 14.55%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine Power Vs. Engine Displacement Vs. Engine Configuration

I guessed V8, because thats what F1 uses, and naturally I figured they knew what they were doing .

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    I guessed V8, because thats what F1 uses, and naturally I figured they knew what they were doing .
    they went trough V6, V8, V10 and V12 in the last 20 years so by your point, no, they don't know what they were/are doing.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

They even used I4's in modern times (if we still consider the turbo days part of modern times).

I have new propose : 16
    "cylinders" , but only one rod:

Schematic 16 "cylinder":

"Cylinder" no need traditional finest polishing.

Andrew

Hi Andrew. I've been stopping by f1technical.net every now and then. I recognize your model from their forum. Allways a joy watching your innovative design!
    Nulla tenaci invia est via

Weight piston and valve same diameter - 62 mm
    Right now without springs. Only retainers.

Regards Andrew

So that you get rid of the doubt next photographs with accurate data :

Diameter popped 75 mm , diameter piston 76.5 mm

Right now are you shure ?? Any washes.

Weight popped 75 mm 1000 G
    weight piston & rod 76.5 mm 850 G
    weight popped 62 mm 400 G
    weight piston & rod 62 mm 370 G

But the window of the flight of the valve of 75 mm is only 64 mm, what is very similar to the window of the flight piston 62 mm .

That is it results from it that the valve of 75 mm is giving the same flight as the piston 62 mm that is 1000 G to 370 G !!!!!

==~~ 2.5 more weight popped to piston& rod !!

It only looks impossibly. but this way is.

In principle ,for them greater popped/piston diameter, it is this difference in weight will be to the benefit of pistons.

regards Andrew

Since when the keg came into existence, for it is her shipping by ships constituted a spot of bother. That is how, they forgot to attach, while swinging the ship rolled from one side to other side, hitting in not around with great energy. There was this great danger for the crew. That is how, they forgot to attach, while swinging the ship rolled from one side to other side, hitting in not around with great energy. I decided to use this energy for the production of the electric current with the help of the oscillatory dynamo. It is a pendulum driving the oscillatory dynamo around so with keg. It will be sufficient to install shipboard or for other swimming raft, and during waving we have the electricity, rather than danger

block of osillating dynamo:

And mutation pendulum dynamo:

Or magnet tooth plate.

So far we exploited the energy arising with the help of the pendulum only for stopping him.

Clik on picture, see animation

Wahad?o Waltenhofena

Regards Andrew

It is a next mutation of the swaying pendulum around it pivot :

And it is a conception of containing inside box a dozen or so of such pendulums giving the electricity under the influence of moving. Of course completely hermetically sealed box.

It is next my proposal to use sea waves for the production of the electric current

Stepper basic
    Linear stepper

Now all tubules in one time are giving the energy from the move of the pendulum

And on the other side pendulums a next PCB set can also be. Altogether it for example 1000 pieces of coils and magnets of sets can be. Every coils is giving 1 watt.

Regards Andrew

Good alternate on flywheel ? ( turning the principle away perhaps of theses to be starter ( Large stepper motor))

Now I will show and I will explain the rule of operation my new dynastarter :

Next on hard PCB put some coils end electronics.
    Every so the "green cylinder" has the magnet, two coils with shuffled teeth for the half of their size of the division, a bit electronics of the type small bridge on mossfets, securities on varistors electronics controlling generate the electricity . Current on each coil about 5 Ampers menage mossfets.
    Everything controled of course with microprocessor .

It is put on this hard PCB plate about 150 of such arrangements with coils and the electronics parts

everyone so complet of elements is decreeing with 5 amperes, rally if to do about 150 pieces of these elements and to put them on this PCB tile, we can manage about 750 amperes what should completely be enough for the warming up the engine. Receiving the electric current in the same way for charging a battery is already a banally simple matter.

I think, that such PCB it "Automotive mother board" the same "Automotive mother board" is replacing the alternator and the starter. Flywheel still is always in the engine.

Principe as same , but in disc version linear stepper

Regards Andrew

Pcb are possible in 2 half part.

Two ribbon cable, and sensitive electronics put outside of hot engine.
    On PCB only magnets and coils , and nonsensitive electronics filled with resin.

And about half rotate.

Star engines were characterized biggest always force density

Below picture of the star half rotate around 10 (40) with "cylinders". for the transparency of the picture one can see only 3 additional "cylinders" more than is at the animated film.
    One can also see dimensions of the whole of the engine in the assumption that every cylinder has such dimensions for the picture half rotate with the set connecting rod of the Sulzer D= engine of 900 mm and stroke 2500 mm .

So 10 (40) "cylindrical" engine half rotate about the same working capacity in comparing to the Sulzer 10 engine cylindrical on the picture below .

Sulzer: 10 Cylinders 20 m long , 15 m hight , 1500 Ton weight

Half rotate star : 10(40) "Cylinders" 4,5 m diameter , 4,5 m long
    about 70 ton weight.

And most importantly.. Since in the engine half rotate mass innertia are several times Sulzer smaller than in the engine, engine half rotate can work with the much greater rotation speed.
    Slzer : 102 RPM 60 000 KW

Half rotate 250 RPM 150 000 KW

In same intake work volume .

Regards Andrew

Sure the engines of cars will be similar proportions

"Half rotate 250 RPM 150 000 KW "

But we only need 60 000 KW What doing?

Yeah so ,we will reduce dimensions half rotate some 2,5.
    This dimension are ~~ 3 m dia and 3 m long, 40 Ton ......

But it then again will give us the possibility of increasing RPM Maybe too 400 RPM?

And next reduce ..... where are border this steps ???

Border are very small engine

Andrew

Usually from the other side flywheel a clutch is found.. it unfortunately still has a few defects. That is, relatively frequent exchange of the clutch disc, of impression with the spring,and of clutch bearing. it is one of service major repairs. , Mechanical or plumbing steering also often makes his correct action impossible

I thought, that if only an electric current decided on these all cases, it would be perhaps better. After refining details, the clutch without no service work could in order to work through the entire life of the car.
    In order to carry the full function of the clutch out, he belongs, so as in previous of my proposal dynastartera, to use "green pins" and radial teeth the flywheel.
    http://www.new4stroke.com/greenpin.jpg

Additionally, one should put two (or more) locks, which will steered will be a solenoid, and a spring to enter teeth on the flywheel and to close the clutch mechanically with this flywheel

So that this closing proceeds in a "stress-free way", one should add the electronic sensor which he will be detecting, or the flywheel in relation to the clutch isn't already rotate, and it is possible to put down solenoids controlling locks so that they connect on "hard" these two parts .
    It is supposed to be similar acting to the synchronizer of the gearbox

Before the dismissal solenoid,, "green pins" must have the maximum electricity which with pressing a clutch pedal will be reducing. Of course this electricity and steering must reach the clutch through of collector rings, since the clutch is turning.

I think that after good designing and making such a clutch, we are having a chance to the clutch for entire living of the car

Regards Andrew

The I6 engine has stood the test of time which is why it is still used. All BMW I6 engines are very powerful and economical for their size. For example the new 30i engines have about 265 bhp but can still achieve a combined 35mpg. That is without Turbo Chargers either to reduce CO2 also

kthx. the 25i engines are not so powerful for the size but thats not their point.
    autozine.org

Thread Information