Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VE sporties to kill HSV?

It seems logical though. VZ is close enough to 300kw, and if VE is going to be 100kg heavier than we can expect an increase of around 30kw like how the GT jumped 40kw over the TE50. A 370kw GTS would line up pretty good alongside a 330kw Clubsport. That makes the LS7 an obvious candidate, unless a supercharged LS2 for some reason is more feasible.

I'd be interested to see how the LS2 can take extra weight though. The BOSS is crucified for a lack of low end grunt, and the LS1 was widely crucified for it as well. The LS2 seemed to fix that, but that was VZ.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    A 370kw GTS would line up pretty good alongside a 330kw Clubsport.
    FPV has some work to do
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

I dont think they need to worry about the GTS, It seems to have been the one they gave the goods to so they could try and show how much they have, And then sell it over $100,000.
    I wonder if the DJR donk might make it's way into future FPV's?
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

That engine was just an exhaust and cams slick, nothing too special.
    I am the Stig

But it was good enough to stick close to the VY GTS. What about the other DJ engine was that a 5 sec 100kp/h engine? Or was that the one herrod made for him?.

Quote Originally Posted by syko
    dropping the LS7 into the ve sounds like speculation atm.

Reminds me of the monaro 427, which if memory serves didn't make it to production
    I think there is actually 1 person who got to buy one. He wont say how much tho, i can get more info on this if you want.

btw slick are u talking about the DJR HP 320?
    [QUOTE=Mr. Jinx] The Coupe4 is ejaculatory material! [/QUOTE]

Yeah he is.

I dont know if they started from the XR8 or GT motor, but they basically raided the Herrod exhaust parts bin with a twin system, then stuck in some mild cams. They wanted to be able to crack the ECU before they went any further. Now thats possible
    I am the Stig

I'm pretty sure the DJR320 started as a XR8. One of the big things about it was that it had $30,000 brakes.
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

I dont think the Alcons were that much, maybe $10K
    I am the Stig

FPV would have something in place for a extra 10-20kw wouldn't they? Unless the weight of the VE will make it about .25-.50 faster? It might pop a 4 sec pass like the GTO did once in a blue moon.
    It might have more power but it might not go much faster so FPV can go higher or not if they choose.

I dont really know slick. At the end of '02, the word was the engine was near its limits, but now FPV have egg on their face as people are getting 300rwkw out of GT's just with bolt ons etc. For some reason they dont seem as willing as HSV to modify things like the exhaust and intake, things usually left for aftermarket tuners.

If they got some have decent internals they could rev them harder than 6000rpm as well, but i dont think they'll want to increase the top end power if its going to murder the low and midrange. They really need America do develop some 4V VCT compatible heads, as the current ones cant support it.
    I am the Stig

I'll take half that RWKW please
    Are they a touch on the shy side for maybe making it feel ruff? Like the T Series was a real muscle type car it was ruff and tuff and hard going, Are they trying to make it feel smooth but powerful and sound great at the same time?.

Well the engine already feels like it lacks low end grunt. If they make it rev harder, that wont get any better, and in such a heavy car its that low end grunt that makes them fast, not top end so much. Its why the F6 is so much quicker than the GT as its got peak torque at 2000rpm and not 4500rpm or something like that
    I am the Stig

. They could try come up with lightweight panels and such, which might be good for a few kilo's, but if they start bothering about removing sound deadening and only providing the most basic of interior plastics, then the whole interior experience becomes harsh. Thats only really worth it on another DTS or the like, where neither interior comfort or suspension need to be overly compromised for day to day.
    if they only produce it for limited models you have to wonder if itll be worth it at all? either that or give the talentless enthusiest owner a heart attack when he gets the bill for a parking rub
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Well the engine already feels like it lacks low end grunt. If they make it rev harder, that wont get any better, and in such a heavy car its that low end grunt that makes them fast, not top end so much. Its why the F6 is so much quicker than the GT as its got peak torque at 2000rpm and not 4500rpm or something like that
    So they need something that will allow for more Torque in the lower revs to push it off harder and get it to higher speeds where weight isn't as much a issue.
    So would that be a more free flowing exhaust and maybe a larger intake?. Can they play with Cams etc like that?. What about diff gears?

Thread Information