Page 526 of 536 FirstFirst ... 26426476516524525526527528 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 8037

Thread: Show off your latest purchases here!

  1. #7876
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,457
    Finally bought Wifi Bacpac and remote for my GoPro Hero 2....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

  2. #7877
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Deerfield Beach, Florida
    Posts
    5,802
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Wow, that's a big change.

    How was your vacation?
    Vacation was great, thanks!

    The change is huge, I know, and I keep using the fact that we want to have a baby as an "excuse"... but deep down I wanted this change. Every time that I jumped in my wife's Sonata and it was sooo comfortable, with leather, soft suspension, with a bunch of gadgets (that somehow I've come to appreciate), with bluetooth connectivity, etc. I kinda wanted to have the same. The Z is a very cool ride, but it is a rough ride... just like any sports car with low profile wheels, tight suspension, hard seats, etc and I do drive 60 miles every day round trip.

    Hopefully one day I'll get a "toy" once again as a secondary car, but for now I guess this is it.

    I just got a call that the car is in, should be picking it up soon

  3. #7878
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Wow, nice purchase. I also bought a D7000 DSLR about a month ago and completely forgot to talk about it here.

    If I were to buy a DSLR that wasn't Nikon (because I already have lenses from Nikon), it would most probably be Pentax. They're like Nikon, they haven't changed their mount in almost 50 years and nearly everything they made in the past fits.
    Thanks. Pretty much why i bought a Pentax. Still have an old Astron and a Tamron 90 -300 lens from my old SF7. Looking forward to using the 300 and not end up with blurry pics. lol.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

  4. #7879
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Posts
    4,133
    I'd love to fix up my Nikon 35mm cameras, got two of em with all the lenses and equipment. I think if I replaced the battery trays which are corroded pretty much beyond use, they would be a-ok, but to be safe I'd have em serviced if anyone still does that. I'm sure there are some inner workings which need to be lubed up or something
    An it harm none, do as ye will

    Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

  5. #7880
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Sold my 2007 350Z and bought a 2014 Mazda 6 Touring (19" wheels, leather, etc)... The car looks amazing, I'll be picking it up later today.
    That possibly the best looking family saloon currently on sale. Good choice!

    By the way, manual?
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Vacation was great, thanks!

    The change is huge, I know, and I keep using the fact that we want to have a baby as an "excuse"... but deep down I wanted this change. Every time that I jumped in my wife's Sonata and it was sooo comfortable, with leather, soft suspension, with a bunch of gadgets (that somehow I've come to appreciate), with bluetooth connectivity, etc. I kinda wanted to have the same. The Z is a very cool ride, but it is a rough ride... just like any sports car with low profile wheels, tight suspension, hard seats, etc and I do drive 60 miles every day round trip.

    Hopefully one day I'll get a "toy" once again as a secondary car, but for now I guess this is it.

    I just got a call that the car is in, should be picking it up soon
    I can echo these thoughts.

    I love my sportscar but my biggest gripe with it is the noise. The ride comfort is excellent but if you get over 110km/h the noise gets tiresome. The short gearing also makes it feels like it's constantly ready for attack mode. And then there's the lack of cruise control, which is quite annoying on motorways.

    I do a lot of motorway miles, so some days I wonder if I would've been better off with something more sensible...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  6. #7881
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Posts
    4,133
    Nice! Wagon is a good choice. Looking at acquiring a wagon myself perhaps as early as late this year.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

    Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

  7. #7882
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Sold my 2007 350Z and bought a 2014 Mazda 6 Touring (19" wheels, leather, etc)... The car looks amazing, I'll be picking it up later today.

    While at the dealer, since this particular dealer sells Kias as well, I traded in my wife's Sonata for a new Kia Optima.

    I'll post photos later when I pick up the 6 which they didn't have in the color that I wanted yesterday.
    Very damn nice. Keep it real.

  8. #7883
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Posts
    4,133
    Bought about $17 worth of bulk laundry service at the washateria. Felt like a waste of money before I realized how long that would have taken to do it at home.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

    Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

  9. #7884
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I can echo these thoughts.

    I love my sportscar but my biggest gripe with it is the noise. The ride comfort is excellent but if you get over 110km/h the noise gets tiresome. The short gearing also makes it feels like it's constantly ready for attack mode. And then there's the lack of cruise control, which is quite annoying on motorways.

    I do a lot of motorway miles, so some days I wonder if I would've been better off with something more sensible...
    No. Sorry guys I donít see it. I loved my Monaro because of the noise. I actually made it louder. The ride was firm but I loved it. I used that car as a rep mobile and it made my job more enjoyable. It was auto and I actually wished it was a manual. I will never get over having to sell that thing. :-(
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

  10. #7885
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,448
    Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    No. Sorry guys I donít see it. I loved my Monaro because of the noise. I actually made it louder. The ride was firm but I loved it. I used that car as a rep mobile and it made my job more enjoyable. It was auto and I actually wished it was a manual. I will never get over having to sell that thing. :-(
    Well it depends.

    I currently work (and live) in Barcelona for the weekdays. Then on pretty much every wekend I drive 150km up north to Girona, where there's family, friends, great mountain roads, the Costa Brava and general goodness.

    To drive there and around the province the Mazda is perfect. There are no motorways, many great roads and you can go top down pretty much all year. It's the 150-odd km between Girona and Barcelona that kill me. There I would prefer soimething quite, comfortable and with cruise control.

    The sad fact of the matter is that in the end I end up doing most of my driving in motorways, which do not suit the sportscar at all. The perfect situation would be to leave the Mazda in Girona all year then buy another car to move around, but having two cars is not feasible...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  11. #7886
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well it depends.

    I currently work (and live) in Barcelona for the weekdays. Then on pretty much every wekend I drive 150km up north to Girona, where there's family, friends, great mountain roads, the Costa Brava and general goodness.

    To drive there and around the province the Mazda is perfect. There are no motorways, many great roads and you can go top down pretty much all year. It's the 150-odd km between Girona and Barcelona that kill me. There I would prefer soimething quite, comfortable and with cruise control.

    The sad fact of the matter is that in the end I end up doing most of my driving in motorways, which do not suit the sportscar at all. The perfect situation would be to leave the Mazda in Girona all year then buy another car to move around, but having two cars is not feasible...
    I hear you. We have different circumstances.
    I would pretend to have sympathy for you but Adelaide roads are crap. And we have no motorways.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

  12. #7887
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Derby, England
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well it depends.

    I currently work (and live) in Barcelona for the weekdays. Then on pretty much every wekend I drive 150km up north to Girona, where there's family, friends, great mountain roads, the Costa Brava and general goodness.

    To drive there and around the province the Mazda is perfect. There are no motorways, many great roads and you can go top down pretty much all year. It's the 150-odd km between Girona and Barcelona that kill me. There I would prefer soimething quite, comfortable and with cruise control.

    The sad fact of the matter is that in the end I end up doing most of my driving in motorways, which do not suit the sportscar at all. The perfect situation would be to leave the Mazda in Girona all year then buy another car to move around, but having two cars is not feasible...
    What you need is an E46 3-Series.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

  13. #7888
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    What you need is an E46 3-Series.
    With a six like yours.

    But the problem is that petrol would make even poorer than I am now.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  14. #7889
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nr Edinburgh, Whisky-soaked Scotland
    Posts
    27,778
    Think I got the last 4 in the UK in my +1 size for the RX8
    Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta ....


    Wanted to try the newly released Vorti, but not available in my sizes yet - heard good reports of them.
    So back to the odd-looking Sessantas which are a near perfect match for the RX8 chassis in the below £200 per corner stakes !!

    Got order in for custom softs for the racing too.
    Coming highly recommended .... but are REMOULDS.
    Been used for many years by the tarmac rally boys and sprinters , they've talked me around and away from my mistrust of remoulds in competition. Been burned in the 70s and never touched a remould since on stage OR road !!!!
    But at 1/3 the price of the race rubber I used last season I can afford to go softer and buy 3 sets.
    We'll see. Back of my mind still has me thinking that I'll end up buying "real" tyres once I wear the first set


    Anyone used Maxxsport RB5s and had bad experience drop me a PM quickly please .........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-27-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

  15. #7890
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,457
    Is the tire price the same as everything else in UK vs US? Same-ish numerical value but just different currency? $200/corner tire in US right now is a really hot market for performance tire....For the GTI at least you can choose from Michelin Pilot Super Sport, BFG G-Force Rival, Dunlop Direzza ZII, Bridgestone RE-11A among others....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fiat Oltre Show Car
    By porlamfer in forum Matt's Hi-Res Hide-Out
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-29-2007, 01:01 PM
  2. The SHOW before the SHOW!
    By master_liga in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 09:27 AM
  3. 2005 sydney motor show:
    By whiteballz in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 10-21-2005, 06:03 AM
  4. awesome pics from our show last weekend
    By Juggs in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-20-2005, 12:06 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 10:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •