View Poll Results: Who's side are YOU on, soldier?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lebanon and Hezballah's side.

17 21.79%
  • Israel's side.

26 33.33%
  • I don't know enough about each to make a decision.

11 14.10%
  • I hate both equally.

14 17.95%
  • This is all George Bush's fault.

10 12.82%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Israel vs. Lebanon THE POLL Edition

Israel. I feel that the Jewish deserve a state after being kicked out of everywhere they went to since biblical times. Like the US, they are an illegal state that must fight for it's survival. Fortunatly the US achived independence before the 21st century because in this era, we would be deemed "terrorists" and as people who hate freedom.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Dude these guys are 'soldiers' and soldiers have to be prepared to die in a battle...If 10 soldiers die and it stops innocent victims from dying isnt that better?? even though it be better if no one dieded but if some one has to, it has to be soldiers because i am sure they are told this when they join up that they might end up dying....
    So if these soldiers (who are by the way just boys forced to stag on for two years) are executed that makes it ok then? So theres nothing wrong with executing prisoners? Im sure you wouldn't say that if israel started executing all the prisoners they have and neither would hezbollah or the iraqi insurgents if the US was executing in iraq it would be "Geneva convention, geneva convention" (which by the way doesn't apply to someone who isnt following the convention themselves such as the rule about TARGETING civilians, not just hitting them by accident TARGETING them). But if israelis were executed it would be "worthless infidel" "Zionist pig".

While i wouldnt say that the media are biased although looking at the BBC you could, the lack of openess by hezbollah into what they are doing is suspicious. There are plenty of images of burnt and broken children for the media to be shown but not so many of rockets being fired from apartment buildings/schools. Weapons being fired out of apartment buildings or peoples homes. Again with the lack of moral equivalence the isreaelis have to have the world criticising any drop in perfect moral standards impossible to keep in war while hezbollah are hailed as "freedom fighters" in their "underdog actions" of firing rockets at civilians from civilian areas then pointing and crying when the inevitable happens without any regard for their peoples lives.

Of note though, bombing in civilian areas (wether justified or not) is not the correct immediate reaction to prisoners being taken

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    Israel. I feel that the Jewish deserve a state after being kicked out of everywhere they went to since biblical times. Like the US, they are an illegal state that must fight for it's survival. Fortunatly the US achived independence before the 21st century because in this era, we would be deemed "terrorists" and as people who hate freedom.
    So why must they have the single piece of land on this planet that would cause the most conflict possible?

Quote Originally Posted by redlightrunner
    So if these soldiers (who are by the way just boys forced to stag on for two years) are executed that makes it ok then? So theres nothing wrong with executing prisoners?
    Well they are soldiers they have to be prepared to die..say if Hez kidnapped normal citizens then maybe the attacks might have been justified as they are soldiers then the attacks where wrong....

Im sure you wouldn't say that if israel started executing all the prisoners they have and neither would hezbollah or the iraqi insurgents if the US was executing in iraq it would be "Geneva convention, geneva convention" (which by the way doesn't apply to someone who isnt following the convention themselves such as the rule about TARGETING civilians, not just hitting them by accident TARGETING them). But if israelis were executed it would be "worthless infidel" "Zionist pig".
    cant make sense of what you are trying to get at.....

Again with the lack of moral equivalence the isreaelis have to have the world criticising any drop in perfect moral standards impossible to keep in war while hezbollah are hailed as "freedom fighters" in their "underdog actions" of firing rockets at civilians from civilian areas then pointing and crying when the inevitable happens without any regard for their peoples lives.
    Well Israel soldiers have been killing innocent palesntinans for decades and these Terrorists have been killing innocent Israelis...Therefore doesnt it mean that both are on the same moral plane???
    I think your assuming that people are forgetting about the atrocities that where committes, by both sides, in Gaza etc....

Of note though, bombing in civilian areas (wether justified or not) is not the correct immediate reaction to prisoners being taken
    Just what i am trying to say....
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

This is all going to be academic when WW3 starts in a few months time.... mark my words, cuz I'll be back on here saying I told you so when I'm proved right
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    This is all going to be academic when WW3 starts in a few months time.... mark my words, cuz I'll be back on here saying I told you so when I'm proved right
    No Doubt Mr.K i think you are right...
    Its going to be an interesting, if scary, next couple of months/years...
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

To the topic creator: I did not read all the 200+ posts here or whatnot, but the Hezbollah and the Lebanese regime can

NOT

be grouped together.

If you must affiliate the organisation with a nation, try Iran or Syria!

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    Exactly, if we do, people will get pissed off that we did, if we don't they will go "Well how come you didn't do anything?" That's true for alot of situations in life though.
    ...because we all know America's ability to solve problems are so incredible correct?

People are not angered by the fact that America is helping people, it is HOW they are so assertively and piggishly they approach each situation with only one goal in mind: self-interest. Honestly, why do you not think that America places no interest in the Basque liberation movement? Because there is no OIL!

God, you piss me off.

Anyone who thinks America aids other nations for the purpose of good-will needs to smell the coffee and wake the *beep* up.
    Last edited by blingbling; 08-07-2006 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clique
    That one qoute shows how easily you are influenced by the media..According to you if a country declares its views on another country and say if these views are extreme then suddenly that country is on a different moral plane than the US...Where as the US have never said anything bad about another country, meaning, according to you, that they are morraly correct.... But unlike Iran which didnt do anything after these threats the US just go about their business, even if it causes innocent deaths it doesnt matter because the US is morally above other countries??....dude the amount of people that have dieded in Iraq and Afganistan is a crazy amount..BUT as that isnt shown in the media you automatically assume that not many innocent people died in Iraq/Aganistan and what the US is doing is morally correct because you cant look past the media......

I know this is off tpoic but as we are on about the US 'superior morals' you tell me is it morally correct to keep innocent victims in a tiny prison for over 3 years? is it morally correct to stop these victims from having their basic rights i.e a lawyer?

Dude these guys are 'soldiers' and soldiers have to be prepared to die in a battle...If 10 soldiers die and it stops innocent victims from dying isnt that better?? even though it be better if no one dieded but if some one has to, it has to be soldiers because i am sure they are told this when they join up that they might end up dying....
    A) The Iranian leader didn't just express his "opinion" he said he wanted to basically Kill Millions of people. So yeah i guess since the U.S isn't all that big on genocide they might just be on a different moral plane!

B) I personally don't think the soldiers were ready to die, i mean they died in there own country and weren't even fighting at the time, except for their lives. I'd understand if they were in Lebanon but they were in thier own country.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    A) The Iranian leader didn't just express his "opinion" he said he wanted to basically Kill Millions of people. So yeah i guess since the U.S isn't all that big on genocide they might just be on a different moral plane!.
    so your saying that the US never killed any innocent people in Afganistan/Iraq?... more innocent people probably died in those 2 countries than 9/11 which provoked these wars...and thes geneocides that you speak of i am 100% sure the US have commited plenty of genocides in Iraq and Afganistan...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    B) I personally don't think the soldiers were ready to die, i mean they died in there own country and weren't even fighting at the time, except for their lives. I'd understand if they were in Lebanon but they were in thier own country.
    so you know the soldiers well enough to know that they werent ready to die?? whereas i am making a assumption that all soldiers are prepared to die maybe thats what yuo fail to see...

Like Mr.K said in the next couple of years WWIII is probably going to start and all this current events will hasten its beginning...which is a shame as 'educated, democratic' fail to see the real threats in the world...the irony is that these very 'educated, democratic' nations are the threats...

Thread Information