Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What is The Best Car ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubber
    It has to have a 1.8T 20v engine though.....

molesting original cars not always goes down well
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    Damn right!

What's in an S class now will make it into standard cars in 10+ years or so....
    So that when the car is five or six years old not only will the power seats not work, but the windshield will extend out over the hood every time you open a door, rotate 90 degrees on bio-smooth hydraulic actuators, and re-position itself briefly over the A-pillars before just falling off the car and shattering on the ground.

I've got a 99 SL500R that's doing all sorts of ****ed-up things. Every time I open the door, the seat adjusts itself for some sort of large ape to comfortable drive the car, and refuses to move until you **** with the fuse box for five or ten minutes. All the interior and instrument panel lights work until you turn the headlights on, (brilliant), and the CD changer works about half the time (not M-B's fault, I know.)

So I imaging that the new S-class, when the electronics start to develop "gremlins," will prepare eggs Benedict with au-jous in the trunk every time you hit a radio preset button, and the car will sometimes drive itself down to the local grocer's and buy ten thousand dollars worth of salted pork on damp nights.

Not to mention firing off all the air bags and locking all four wheels whenever the passenger falls asleep.

I've had it with these mother****ing computers on these mother****ing cars.
    And I've had it with paying far, far, out the ass to get them fixed. I'm looking at a new "motherboard" for that pain-in-the-ass SL, just to get the thing sold so that somebody else can put up with any actual problems the car threatens daily to develop. That's going to be a grand at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    The S-class. From the first generation to the latest generation. THE definitive benchmark.
    I've owned three older S-Class sedans, all were high mileage units bought cheaply. Very solid and dependable cars with not one single breakdown from either the ancient W108 or our two current W126s, which btw now show 360,000km (6cyl) and 415,000 (V8)

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail
    Pure Gold.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Truer words have never been spoken. I'm no friend of them either.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Peter Egan wrote a good article on what it will be like restoring these cars in the future. Imagine how hard it will be.
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

I think LandQuail should do standup. I love reading your posts man.

So that when the car is five or six years old not only will the power seats not work, but the windshield will extend out over the hood every time you open a door, rotate 90 degrees on bio-smooth hydraulic actuators, and re-position itself briefly over the A-pillars before just falling off the car and shattering on the ground.

I've got a 99 SL500R that's doing all sorts of ****ed-up things. Every time I open the door, the seat adjusts itself for some sort of large ape to comfortable drive the car, and refuses to move until you **** with the fuse box for five or ten minutes. All the interior and instrument panel lights work until you turn the headlights on, (brilliant), and the CD changer works about half the time (not M-B's fault, I know.)

So I imaging that the new S-class, when the electronics start to develop "gremlins," will prepare eggs Benedict with au-jous in the trunk every time you hit a radio preset button, and the car will sometimes drive itself down to the local grocer's and buy ten thousand dollars worth of salted pork on damp nights.

Not to mention firing off all the air bags and locking all four wheels whenever the passenger falls asleep.

And I've had it with paying far, far, out the ass to get them fixed. I'm looking at a new "motherboard" for that pain-in-the-ass SL, just to get the thing sold so that somebody else can put up with any actual problems the car threatens daily to develop. That's going to be a grand at least.
    Oh my you own a 99SL500R?

Where would you ever get 1000 dollars my poor poor fellow.
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

ok it is jut english but the lp640 will compete with all the cars and will win

for me the best car ever is the porsche 911...its so beautifully designed,robust engine and amazing performance...

Thread Information