Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: KERRRRAZY new Barabus!! (Barabus TKR)

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Who gives a shit if it looks crap. I've now read a second article saying that the 0-60 time HAS been proven. Even if it is on slicks, not even a Veyron could accelerate that fast on slicks. I think everyone's getting wound up because the British are about to take the top speed title back for another few years
    So, just because a 0-60mph time has been proven, that means the top speed is true?

Back in the day when the speed war kicked off in the late 1980s, 200mph was the target, which was silly, but do-able, and realistic.

Now, because of Bugatti's foolishness at chasing a silly top speed, we have Saleen, Porsche and Barabus claiming they can hit 270.

No matter that, so far, only one or two Veyrons have actually been driven at 250, and at one location only...

Where were they planning to hit this speed?

I also think that, just because most supercars can nip past 200mph as if it were 100, most people don't fully understand what driving at that speed actually represents.

Would you actually be able to react to anything when travelling at that speed?
    Thanks for all the fish

Looks like a mini Saleen S7.
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

I'd love to see someone accelerate from o-60 in 1.67 seconds with ripping their head clean off their shoulders with whiplash.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Pagani Zonda meets absolute rubbish...?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thought it was brabus too..hehehe yeah damn ugly...I never heard of barabus before....Lets see if its gonna hit the streets and see if it just talk...still waiting for the Freestream T1, dont remember the new name.....and would like 2 see some propper pictures on the engine preffer in parts....
    Aint Nothin' Lika A Benz....

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    SI also think that, just because most supercars can nip past 200mph as if it were 100, most people don't fully understand what driving at that speed actually represents.

Would you actually be able to react to anything when travelling at that speed?
    No, in a word.

I haven't driven at the magic double-ton, but at Bruntingthorpe in the 612, I stopped at 170mph (probably had room for 180ish) because it was quite fast enough. By the time the suspension rebounds, you're miles past the bump it's reacting too, so you get this weird vibration all the time; you also get slight tunnel vision and on such a wide runway it's difficult to judge your speed so your perception of perspective gets screwed up. Big time. And that was all at 170mph.

Although there are rumours that whats-his-face from VW (Veyron bloke) regularly topped 200mph on his daily commute in his F1, i don't see the point in all that excess speed. I'd much rather have a car that was blisteringly quick to 200mph and created a lot of downforce than a top trump car.

Imagine what would happen if someone pulled out on you on the motorway?!
    Last edited by MrKipling; 07-22-2006 at 12:05 PM.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Guest Guest
    well i saw one today, quite nice, 270 sounds a bit outlandish tho, although i would expect it could pip 200, even if the wing mirrors are awful!

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    I'd love to see someone accelerate from o-60 in 1.67 seconds with ripping their head clean off their shoulders with whiplash.
    Top Fuel drag cars can do 0-100mph in less than a second and they don't suffer from decapitation.

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    That's why you keep your head against the headrest.

It would be hilarious if Saleen and Pagani filed a lawsuit against Barabus

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:

The Veyron does 252mph ... it is one of the best handling cars in the world. Well done, you can make a completley unfounded comment.
    Best handling? A 1800kg car the best handling? You must be kidding me, I mean, put that veyron on a track, and see how many laps it can do before the brakes starts fading... And they only get it with the spoiler down, so there goes the handling.

At 252mph, I wouldn't be testing the handling.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    At 252mph, I wouldn't be testing the handling.
    I just think a car should reach his top speed with amazing down force. I mean, a Porsche has a spoiler coming out of the car when driving fast so it sticks better to the road. But the Veyron, needs to get the spoiler down, cause othwerwise it wouldn't reache his top speed... I really find the Veyron the joke of the year. 1001bhp, I mean, what about building a proper sportscar? Wouldn't that be much more intresting? Instead of taking a really big engine, not getting much bhp/l and than come to the conclusion, that a gearbox strong enough is quite difficult to build.

But I'm not much found of the Veyron

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    well i saw one today, quite nice, 270 sounds a bit outlandish tho, although i would expect it could pip 200, even if the wing mirrors are awful!
    Yes because the wing mirrors would effect the top speed of the car.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

this car does 0-60 in 1.97 seconds. It's an 01 vett with a twin turbo 427 V8.

Halltech also have a car that does 0-60mph in 1.4 seconds.
    http://www.z06-corvette.com/super/halltech.htm

I know the barabus is lighter but 1.67 sounds very fast for a street car.
    Last edited by mmm_aapls; 07-23-2006 at 11:41 PM.

Thread Information