Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your "Dream" car (this is not a repost)

Your "Dream" car (this is not a repost)

If you were given a chance to imagine or build your own car, what would it be like? Information or specs are enough, but pictures are also welcome

A light weight 2+2 coupé with a six in line 300bhp producing engine in the front, power at the rear. And it would probably look so ugly, that it is beautifull!

Hard chassis, extreme good suspension, so that the steering is quite direct and at the end you'll get a car that is just to much fun to drive!

0-60 in about 4.6s, top speed of 180mph. But it will eat corners!

2 seater sports car, lightweight, 400HP, RWD, hardtop, with a roll cage and a pair of racing seats and a manual gearbox with paddles and a clutch.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Probably a 600 hp version of the F430 and a 400 hp version of the Audi A3 V6. Both with all the proper mods to the chasis, suspention, breaks ect.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Im sure this is a repost...ill have to think about my car though...

It would be like a gumpert apollo
    except it would be a four rotor, twin turbo engine
    and an all wheel drive or just rear wheel
    yes i know AWD and rotary are not a good combination, considering torque and all, but the weight and top speed of such a car would be amazing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gumpert_Apollo
    Last edited by kigango123; 07-21-2006 at 09:58 PM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

A 500-600HP SC V8 front engine with all wheel drive (kinda lik on mazda's 6 MPS but with reas whhels with hiher priority in stead of the front), sedan, looks kinda like the 2005 falcon and the 1971 FOrd Falcon 351 GT, a good exaust note, 0-100km/h 5.3 sec, top speed 280-320km/h+, 6 speed auto w/ sequential sports shift (close ratios 4 acceleration, in blood red wih white stripes on top and sides (Like FPV GT). Id also hev a blood red orientated interior with aluminium highlights and decent sound system.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Maybe I lack imagination, but a Yenko Stinger Phase III Corvair is about as close to my own personal dream car as I can come up with.

AWD
    2-door, 2-seater
    2,600 pds, if not lighter. (trying to be as realistic as possible)
    atleast 550 hp from a v12
    As far as looks, not really super car'ish. due to drivability and such on city streets, but still sporty w/ a bit of class quality mixed in.

interior would be sparse, w/ just the necessities. For example i can roll up my own windows, i dont need them to be automatic. Although, i do prefer automoatic locks, or atleast the kind that both doors are either locked or not, in other words they are synced up. Lightweight seats, lightweight speakers, nothing too much. the only mirrors would be the rear and the side view, i dont need any others, not like im going to be putting on lipstick or anything. and slide out cupholders like the saabs have these days.
    You can call me scott.

2 seater roadster (Miata+S2000)
    225hp
    12,000 RPM redline
    2.5L I-5 N/A
    Track tuned suspension
    Four piston caliper all sides
    Slotted Brembo Titanium composite rotors
    0-lift aero
    Rear air diffuser
    Rear LED lights
    Bi-Xenon 4500k headlights
    Kenwood 9-speaker 600 wattt surround sound
    4 titanium exhaust pipes
    6-speed manu-matic transmission w/ paddle shifters
    8" widescreen TFT screen
    2375lb
    AWD
    Tan Leather interior w/ carbon fibre accents
    0-60 mph in 5 seconds
    265 km/h top speed

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Road-legal Mazda 787B with luxurious interior and navigation system, and satellite television can also be view on the sat nav screen. Support of DVD audio and movie playing. Front/rear cameras for parking purposes. Quad-turbo instead of twin turbo to produce 950bhp, and AWD plus medium TCS/ABS for public roads stability. Ability to switch to RWD and TCS/ABS off on track days. Power steering only on public roads.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

DB 9 body, Enzo running gear with Zonda Interior, the practicality of a mini van and at least 100miles to the gallon plus it shouldnt emit any gases just pure oxygen....
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

I'd want to revive the Pegaso brand. The car would be a 2-seater front engined berlinetta, with a normally aspirated 5-litre V8 developping between 500 and 550bhp. It'd be rear wheel drive and have a 6-speed manual gearbox. I'd also be completely made out of carbon fibre and an interior in the same vein as the Pagani Zonda, though with different detailing.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Either a standard BMW M3, or standard Audi RS6. That's all I ever need or want

Although the ability to run on hydrogen would not go amiss...

Ultima GTR body with road-modified 620bhp N/A Radical V8. Spyker C8 styled interior. Carbon-comp brakes, carbon body work and huge reverie carbon airbox. Titanium exhaust system and basically anything else I could get away with using titanium for. Magnesium-alloy wheels. Dynamic flick-tail spoiler like the McLaren F1, though most downforce will be created from the undertray. Smaller spoilers just look better Also stolen from the McLaren is the underbody fans. Adjustable suspension sourced from Ultima race car. The colour would be dark blue.

It'd be pretty scarily fast. The Ultima GTR 640 which uses a small-block Chevy can do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. The motor that is running is substantially heavier than the new Radical V8s. Infact if you're tactical, a Radical V8 can be shoe-horned into an S1 Exige. They rev very high but still have shed loads of torque. Top speed is irrelevent to me so it would be geared for acceleration. Ultima GTR 640 also holds the record for Gs held on a skidpan. I'm not sure exactly what making the car so much lighter would do but it would certainly handle better.

Alternatively give me a Spyker C8 Spyder with a McLaren F1 V12 and I'll be happy. I have a sweet spot for Spykers at the moment because they're so damn sexy, and you can take the roof down in the Summer.

Thread Information