Thread: New Dodge Stealth Engine

New Dodge Stealth Engine

I have the base modal 1991 Dodge Stealth. I was wondering if someone could tell me what would be the best 300hp engine to replace the one that I have (SOHC)? I would also like to know if I could place the DOHC RT Turbo engine of the high end modal in this car? This is going to be my first racer.

Quote Originally Posted by sirius
    I have the base modal 1991 Dodge Stealth. I was wondering if someone could tell me what would be the best 300hp engine to replace the one that I have (SOHC)? I would also like to know if I could place the DOHC RT Turbo engine of the high end modal in this car? This is going to be my first racer.
    While your at changing the engine i suggest to go RWD.

Wasn't the stealth RT AWD so wouldn't it be eaiser to go AWD which I happen to think is better than RWD.
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Rather than spending many thousands of dollars trying to convert it to something else, you could sell it and buy a Stealth TT. Trust me, you'll save a lot of money.

What year?

What year did they have a Stealth TT? Can you also tell me how much i should pay for one? Also the one that I have is RWD

TT Modal

OK I found out that they did have a TT in 1991. I wanted to know because i only want the first year of production. So i guess i will just sell the one i have and buy the 1991 TT. But i still need to know what i shoud be payinmg for one and what are some of the major modifacetion that i should make to the car?

Quote Originally Posted by mechanixfetch
    Wasn't the stealth RT AWD so wouldn't it be eaiser to go AWD which I happen to think is better than RWD.
    Well if thats true than your right.

Also the one that I have is RWD
    Are you sure? Im pretty sure they only made FWD and AWD ones...

OK I found out that they did have a TT in 1991. I wanted to know because i only want the first year of production. So i guess i will just sell the one i have and buy the 1991 TT. But i still need to know what i shoud be payinmg for one and what are some of the major modifacetion that i should make to the car?

you can find a pretty good one for around 7 grand. by friend just bought one (92) great shape, for 8,500. first off if you find one to buy take it to your mechanic to have him check for oil amount, any leakage in vacume lines and other standard stuff. i knew a guy that had his engine blow a rod after 3 weeks of buying from someone. that person, the person he bought it from did not do oil changes regularly and ran it with low oil and i am guessing some other bad things too. the first thing you should do is get a turbo timer, so u dont mess the turbo up, get the normal ie. exhaust, intake, fuel pump. get a boost controller to crank the boost. thats just a few. there are tons of mods to do. you might want to try posting in the asian thread because it is a mitsubishi stealth=3000gt. heres a very helpful web site http://www.3si.org/ deffenelty sell yours and get a r/t tt. a engine swap would be hard and to convert it to awd i'd imagina is a pain in the ass.

and one last note. treat it good. if something important breaks in could cost a hell of a lot of money. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Are you sure? Im pretty sure they only made FWD and AWD ones...

you are right. they only made fwd and the turbos had awd. there was never a rwd stealth/3kgt

Dodge Stealth
    1991-1993
    base FWD 160hp sohc engine
    ES FWD 222hp dohc engine
    RT FWD 222hp dohc engine
    RT/TT AWD 300hp Twin Turbo dohc engine

1994-1996
    base FWD 160hp sohc engine
    RT(RT Luxary) FWD 222hp dohc engine
    RT/TT AWD 320hp Twin Turbo dohc engine Upgraded to 6spd.

1991-1994 AWD cars also has All Wheel Steering and eletronically controlled suspension.

1991-1994 RT and RT/TT's had eletronic climate control.

3000GT are similar but different. but thats another post.
    Alan
    http://www.mi3si.org - Michigan 3SI
    1992 Dodge Stealth RT/TT(The fun car) Not Stock
    1998 3000GT SL(The daily Driver)

Right

Well I just found out that it is a front wheel drive car. I guess that I will sell the car after a few minor upgrades and buy a RT/TT. But what I was also wondering is if there is a V8 engine that may fit into this car? I don’t really know if this is a stupid question are not. I recorded a message to a Japanese engine dealer and he never got back to me.

Also that website http://www.3si.org/ that you gave me mooseTSi was a great resource. Thanks

Well I just found out that it is a front wheel drive car. I guess that I will sell the car after a few minor upgrades and buy a RT/TT. But what I was also wondering is if there is a V8 engine that may fit into this car? I don’t really know if this is a stupid question are not. I recorded a message to a Japanese engine dealer and he never got back to me.

Also that website http://www.3si.org/ that you gave me mooseTSi was a great resource. Thanks
    Im sure and LS1, or mustang engine would fit, there pretty small. But i dont think it would be worth it, you may as well just buy a camaro or mustang then.

Thread Information