Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: car problem

Well I'm pretty pissed off right now. Since last time I posted, I'vve had a loose battery terminal, which was no big deal to fix but meant I couldn't start my car for an hour. Then the real shit started. I broke down tuesday before last in Princeton NJ, and had to get towed quite a ways home. Still haven't gotten the bill for that. The Idle Air Control went bad. So I got it back on Monday, and it broke down... on Monday. It seems to be a combination of problems now. The distributor was ruined, and was finally replaced this morning, but it still doesn't work right. I get no power sometimes now, I couldn't get over 25 mph today. My mechanic has no clue what it is right now, the computer says its fine, spark is good with the new distributer, and the fuel pump is working. I need about $3000 dollars to pay off this car and I have no where to get it from.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Well I'm pretty pissed off right now. Since last time I posted, I'vve had a loose battery terminal, which was no big deal to fix but meant I couldn't start my car for an hour. Then the real shit started. I broke down tuesday before last in Princeton NJ, and had to get towed quite a ways home. Still haven't gotten the bill for that. The Idle Air Control went bad. So I got it back on Monday, and it broke down... on Monday. It seems to be a combination of problems now. The distributor was ruined, and was finally replaced this morning, but it still doesn't work right. I get no power sometimes now, I couldn't get over 25 mph today. My mechanic has no clue what it is right now, the computer says its fine, spark is good with the new distributer, and the fuel pump is working. I need about $3000 dollars to pay off this car and I have no where to get it from.
    sell the sucker And you learned a valuable lesson,never buy things that can break on a loan The time it takes you to save is the same time it takes you to pay it off

Try and have a look at the injection parts or the carburetor.
    Fuel is good
    Spark is good
    air is likely not good.
    And in the carburetor two of them mix. Perhaps the needle of it moved a bit and chokes the fuel.
    Last edited by drakkie; 08-26-2006 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    And in the carburetor two of them mix. Perhaps the needle of it moved a bit and chokes the fuel.
    Its fuel injected... and the problem was that the number two injector shorted out and fried the ECU, and of course that injector is impossible to reach without dissassembling the entire top of the engine, but its all fixed now. It runs great and its amazing to drive, so im a happy guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox
    damn bumbs... i feel your pain, the roads around where i live are, how should i say it... shit!

every couple feet you hit a pot hole
    The lane I have to drive up to get to my drive is just roacks, potholes and all. It's awful, I'd hate to have wheels any bigger than I've got for fear of damaging them!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information