Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scion to Canada

Quote Originally Posted by woodstock827
    i'd love to see a xA or xB in Canada... i haven't seen any Scion commercials (or Scion cars) in Toronto though...

actually i think i saw an xA once on the hwy and that's it...
    you haven't seen any in toronto... thats the one place i would think you would see alot
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

so is Scion coming to Canada officially?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    Scion is a subdivison of Toyota. So a Scion is a Toyota. the bB is a model that Toyota makes (it's the square strange version, not the rounded one or the coupe one). The bB is the Asian market version. Here in America, it's called the xB.
    Do you have any pictures of these cars? Are they small cars or luxury cars? Are they like a whole range of cars like a stand-alone brand? Are they suitable for Australia? I have never seen one of these cars. I am very interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Volvoman
    Do you have any pictures of these cars? Are they small cars or luxury cars? Are they like a whole range of cars like a stand-alone brand? Are they suitable for Australia? I have never seen one of these cars. I am very interested.
    Here you go mate! In order they are the: tC xA and xB.
    Alot of folks malign Scion's as being ugly, especially the xB. But there are a lot of people who like them, I am one of them. There are a lot of xB's here in Vancouver as well.
    http://www.scionlife.com/scion/xb/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Quote Originally Posted by KonaGreen
    There are a lot of xB's here in Vancouver as well.
    i see a few from time to time, but did they all import it or buy it in vancouver's re-sell stores/ toyota dealerships for like 25,000 when its suppose to cost like $9000 less

Quote Originally Posted by Volvoman
    What, in the name of all that is holy, is a Scion?
    They're miserable Toyota econoboxes sneakily passed off to the "hip, urban, youthful, stylish market." two of which are styled after kitchen appliances, and the other bumped the Celica off Toyota's agenda.

The xA is the hot-hatch/tiny minivan that looks like something you'd cook waffles in, and the xB is a larger tiny minivan that looks like a refridgerator.

Both xA and xB ar powered by wheezy little 1.4 liter 4-cylinders that, in spite of VVT-i variable valve timing still produce 104 horsepower, or about the same amount Fiat was getting from similarly sized engines 20 years ago.

The xC is the flagship of the bunch, with a Camry-sourced 2.4 (I think) V-6 pounding out somewhere around 150 of the laziest, most apathetic horses ever. You'll know one on the street by its horribly misproportioned rear-quarter panels and overall cappybara-esque appearance.

Toyota dumped the very decent Celica line because it was clashing with the xC's sales.

All Scions are front wheel drive, and when you buy one, the dealer threatens to fit an aftermarket supercharger to the xA and xB that bumps the power up to a still sickening 120, or about what a Ford Focus 2.0 makes. (while doing everything better than a Scion except looking cool to ravers.)

They aren't bad little cars, and they get great fuel economy, but overall, the extra sizzle isn't worth paying for, as there's plenty of quality steak out there, like a Ford Focus or Nissan Micra.

Here are a couple pictures of an xC and a Cappybara for you to compare.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LandQuail; 08-04-2006 at 10:10 AM.

um... it's a tC, not xC, and make that 2.4L I4 with 160hp..
    and believe it or not, the xB (aka bB in other parts of the world) is da hot in Asian markets... the interior is more spacious that u'd think.. fit 5 ppl no problem (given that you'r all less than 6 feet tall and weight less than 200 pounds...)
    104hp i think would be enough for normal city driving. although a bit low when merging into highway speeds... but hey, the smart has a mightly 40hp and it can still reach highway speed (barely), so no complains here...

Focus i'd think is in the Corolla class..
    I dun think they cut Celica because of tC neither since the tC is not sold anywhere else in the world..

Quote Originally Posted by woodstock827
    um... it's a tC, not xC, and make that 2.4L I4 with 160hp..
    and believe it or not, the xB (aka bB in other parts of the world) is da hot in Asian markets... the interior is more spacious that u'd think.. fit 5 ppl no problem (given that you'r all less than 6 feet tall and weight less than 200 pounds...)
    104hp i think would be enough for normal city driving. although a bit low when merging into highway speeds... but hey, the smart has a mightly 40hp and it can still reach highway speed (barely), so no complains here...

Focus i'd think is in the Corolla class..
    I dun think they cut Celica because of tC neither since the tC is not sold anywhere else in the world..
    Omg 10 more horses! lol I have to agree with Land Quail.

It's not the power of the tC that I question. It's the deeply lazy and soul-less way that it delivers it. I test drove one, thinking that Toyota would have picked a worthy successor before ditching the Celica... not so.

Well, I for one wouldn't be buying an Xb for horsepower that for sure, but it would carry bikes inside it rather handily

Quote Originally Posted by KonaGreen
    Well, I for one wouldn't be buying an Xb for horsepower that for sure, but it would carry bikes inside it rather handily
    and in complete lack of style i mean come on, i'd rather have a Fit or Versa...

Actually I kinda like the styling of the tC. I looks a little like the Yaris sedan which I am thinking of getting. Toyota must have only dropped the Celica from your toyota range because it is still available here in Australia.

The tC produces 160 horsepower. Is that a lot? We talk in Kilowatts over here and if that were kilowatts, that would be a huge amount for something that looks so small. Most of the little cars produce no more than about 110kW.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Fit, Versa, xB... There are all indeed in the same class of car. IF one were to have the money to buy one, which one does not, I would try them all and choose the best for one's puposes. But I still think that the xB isn't so bad looking. I've seen some with some subtle aftermarket bits, and wheels that were quite cool.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Poor americans with their souless japanese small cars. Here in Europe they might not be as reliable... but you broke down in style...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

the xB isnt bad until you drive it.. I was quite intrigued in it, so I drove one when they came out. It was one of the most miserable things I have ever driven. Felt like driving a 15 passenger van. About as quick and sporting.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information