Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why....

Why....

Ok. I have to be brutally honest here.

I'm am royally pissed off with hearing about new clutchless transmissions, DSG's, Sequential and Automatic Sequential DSG with no Clutches.

These are not sporting transmissions. I do not care what Ferrari likes to say (Paddle Shifters "Just Like F1!"). Or what way Lamborghini Puts it (We're copying Ferrari! Yet Again!). Sure, the Bugatti Veyron is a fast car, but is it really that much fun if you can put it in drive?

No.

Here's what I want to see. I want to see a 7 Speed Manual Transmission.

Why has not one company thought of this? Because they figure you lazy american's all out there want a sporting Automatic. It's to hard for you to push your f****ing hand down and shift a gear, yet it's so f***ing easy for you to reach down and get your extra large double double. Well screw you BMW, Porsche, Lamborghini, Nissan, and Ferrari.

Most of us old school type like to feel those gears grind through our hands. We like the freedom of shifting via a big ball. Don't laugh. It's not as bad as laying your hand down on a long rigid stick hoping that thing will continue to move forward.

Although I can say this is a rant, I still want to know, why hasn't anyone made a 7 speed Manual?
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Might want to get 1 thing straight.

Lamborghinis come direct from the factory with a 6-speed shift. It is upon request that E-Gear be installed. If you don't tell them, you'll get a stick shift.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Ok...

1. Calm down

2. Like you, I prefer manuals to SMG's anyday... however- I have to admit that SMG's are way faster than you can shift manually anyday, so if you're a hardcore performance adicted person, get the SMG (or whatever paddleshift stuff)

3. On an engineering standpoint I think that it could be ungainly to create a 7 speed manual although I'm no engineer so I'm not sure.

4. Stop making a stereotype of Americans. It's proven that a SMG shifts faster than the normal manual. Americans have yet to make a good version of the paddleshiftings (unlike Porsche and Ferrari) or at least debut it on their cars so they're definately not as lazy (to put it in your words) as the Germans and Italians.

5. I love manuals as much as you do. I'm planning to learn to drive stick shift when I do learn to drive. Facts are facts. You can't argue against that. If you don't like automatics just get the manual version of the car or get a different product. End of discussion. The world isn't over without manuals.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 07-28-2006 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Might want to get 1 thing straight.

Lamborghinis come direct from the factory with a 6-speed shift. It is upon request that E-Gear be installed. If you don't tell them, you'll get a stick shift.
    Ok mr lets gets this straight.

Out of all the Gallardo's sold in the US, how what perecentage of them have a 6speed?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    Ok...

1. Calm down

2. Like you, I prefer manuals to SMG's anyday... however- I have to admit that SMG's are way faster than you can shift manually anyday, so if you're a hardcore performance adicted person, get the SMG (or whatever paddleshift stuff)

3. On an engineering standpoint I think that it could be ungainly to create a 7 speed manual although I'm no engineer so I'm not sure.
    I will not calm down. This is just so stupid. I wish they would just get rid of all these SMG's.

Did you also know there's a gun SMG? I say we shoot SMG's with an SMG.

I'd like to see you try to hunt down every last SMG transmission and smash it to bits with a sledge hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    Because they figure you lazy american's all out there want a sporting Automatic. It's to hard for you to push your f****ing hand down and shift a gear, yet it's so f***ing easy for you to reach down and get your extra large double double.

yes that the reason.

but ofcourse i want to know how many people who can afford the mentioned cars eat the extra large double double.
    You can call me scott.

Out of all the Gallardo's sold in the US, how what perecentage of them have a 6speed?
    The question is do you know what the percentage is before you bring it out and argue about it? Because I don't!

I believe 85 to 90 percent of all the Gallardo's sold in the US have a E-Gear transmission.

Ok mr lets gets this straight.

Maybe because they're pre-ordered that way?
    Lamborghini of Dallas before had 7 6-speeds out of 13 Gallardos.

These have been sold and restocked with only 3-4 new E-Gears. The other E-Gears are used cars. There's also 3-4 new Sticks in the dealer.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Why has not one company thought of this? Because they figure you lazy american's all out there want a sporting Automatic. It's to hard for you to push your f****ing hand down and shift a gear, yet it's so f***ing easy for you to reach down and get your extra large double double. Well screw you BMW, Porsche, Lamborghini, Nissan, and Ferrari.
    Oh yes because you canadians are SO much better. I dont see how you can blame Americans for paddle shifters. All I'm going to say is that Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Nissan, and Porsche would not have the paddle shifter option if it didnt help sell cars. People like the concept of shifting like a F1 champ, thats why they buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    Oh yes because you canadians are SO much better. I dont see how you can blame Americans for paddle shifters. All I'm going to say is that Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Nissan, and Porsche would not have the paddle shifter option if it didnt help sell cars. People like the concept of shifting like a F1 champ, thats why they buy them.
    But technically it's faster than the normal manual though, so you get more performance.

Actually if you like manuals, you have a choice. It's called variety and most manufacturers have more than one transmission choice. The M3, all Porsche, Lamborghini and Ferrari (except Mercedes) models have choices of manuals and SMG's in every one of their models, so I don't see why you're so angry. You can always choose the transmission of choice, so I don't see why you're so upset about this.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang

true, and also it makes the car easier to drive and therefore not everyone has to be a race car driver, i dont see him complaining about anti-lock brakes which when put down to it brings basicaly the same thing to the car.

And i think he is being a bit of a prat bringing the overweight issue, b/c the fat lazy people of america normally drive crappy cars and therefore wouldnt effect the whole thing. The fat people that do buy the cars are normally not that lazy, hence the success making them able to buy the cars. They may eat too much, but that doesnt really matter to the subject.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    But technically it's faster than the normal manual though, so you get more performance.
    so is strapping a rocket to your ass, that doesn't make it enjoyable now does it ?

Thread Information