Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why....

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    Every car owner is not a die hard car enthusiast.
    /Discussion. He's hit the nail on the head there people.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Unless you master things like heal and toeing and double clutching, you'll never take full advantage of a fully manual transmition. Which is the case for most people with a fully manual.

Besides, perfonmance driving is about getting around the track in the fastest possible way. DSG boxes help you accomplish this. I've always loved and driven fully manual cars but I drove a friends DSG Alfa 147 not too long ago and loved it. In the future I'd like to have cars with both kinds of trannies.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    Unless you master things like heal and toeing and double clutching, you'll never take full advantage of a fully manual transmition. Which is the case for most people with a fully manual.

Besides, perfonmance driving is about getting around the track in the fastest possible way. DSG boxes help you accomplish this. I've always loved and driven fully manual cars but I drove a friends DSG Alfa 147 not too long ago and loved it. In the future I'd like to have cars with both kinds of trannies.
    i have to agree with that... both tannies are nice.

what would you do when you get older and can't shift like you used to as a teen or whoever. Automatics would be nice the older you get.

Although that brings up another question "how old is too old to be driving at all"
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    I believe 85 to 90 percent of all the Gallardo's sold in the US have a E-Gear transmission.
    I believe 89.546% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

You're quite a strange man. Getting this worked up over the fact that people would prefer the convenience of auto yet retain the fun of a manual.

You must live one pathetic life that THIS is the most pressing of issues facing you.

Not to mention your stupid Anti-American rage. That was one of the stupidest things I've ever heard...

I sincerely hope that someone logged onto your user name without you knowing, otherwise I'd bet you lost the respect of a fair amount of the forum users, including me.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    I sincerely hope that someone logged onto your user name without you knowing, otherwise I'd bet you lost the respect of a fair amount of the forum users, including me.
    actually his post reminded me of that qbridge guy now that you mention it. it's just missing "supra's do 5 second 1/4's stock 11!!!!1!!!"
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    Many of our mid and larger cities have a lot of heavy traffic in morning and evening travel time...where the flow is stop and go. It's no fun to to drive a manual in those conditions where you're holding the clutch in for an hour.
    Thats probably because there are more people in Texas than his whole country, so he assumes all American roads are like the raods in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    actually his post reminded me of that qbridge guy now that you mention it. it's just missing "supra's do 5 second 1/4's stock 11!!!!1!!!"
    qbridge? Don't remember...I'm guessing someone else logged onto his account?

qbridge? Don't remember...I'm guessing someone else logged onto his account?
    no.. Qbridge is the guy who thinks the supra is the king of the 1/4, that all cars should be manual and RWD, and that a car should be bought to race for money
    search for his posts if you want
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    no.. Qbridge is the guy who thinks the supra is the king of the 1/4, that all cars should be manual and RWD, and that a car should be bought to race for money
    search for his posts if you want
    Ah...

No thanks, Seinfeld is on.

To 6Speed, something else I just thought of: How in the hell does this affect you AT ALL?

Good point.

It's our money. Let us spend on whatever the hell we want. We're the ones driving our cars the way they are, not you.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

My car:
    Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
    I don't think those come with an SMG do they?

BUT...he's a surfer...so he's alright by me. What board do you have man?

Ah...

No thanks, Seinfeld is on.

To 6Speed, something else I just thought of: How in the hell does this affect you AT ALL?
    oh man... seinfeld is on.

if only my cable wasn't dissconnected i'd be watching that right now!

oh and i think most people would rather buy food and clothing for their families etc. than spend huge amounts of money on their cars

oh and even though he is making us canuks look bad... dont think were all like him!
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox
    oh man... seinfeld is on.

if only my cable wasn't dissconnected i'd be watching that right now!

oh and i think most people would rather buy food and clothing for their families etc. than spend huge amounts of money on their cars
    Hey man it's on public TV! The WB. 11:30 and 12:00 every night.

sweet... thanks man!

edit: ha ha ha, yes it's seinfeld... there is a god!
    -Rita Mae Brown-

You didn't know? And now you're watching?

Is it the pigman/suicide episode?

Thread Information