Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: christian fundamentalists

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    First of all, there are 10 commandments. Second of all, a none Christian could do the exact same thing as this man if part of their values are no sex till marriage.
    I think he was referring to the seven of the 10 commandments that don't mention worshipping god....

I find this whole thing to be ridiculous... my problem with religious schooling, is that parents force children to go there, and the school then reinforces (brainwashes if you like) what the children should believe, so the students will never get to choose whether to believe or not, or what to believe, as they have only seen one path. And this one "truth" has been beaten into them all their lives....

Quote Originally Posted by junaman
    I think he was referring to the seven of the 10 commandments that don't mention worshipping god....

I find this whole thing to be ridiculous... my problem with religious schooling, is that parents force children to go there, and the school then reinforces (brainwashes if you like) what the children should believe, so the students will never get to choose whether to believe or not, or what to believe, as they have only seen one path. And this one "truth" has been beaten into them all their lives....
    Well in all honesty, we also selected a "christian school" for our children, (I had my three stages of education on such institutes also), but more for reasons of practicality than because of religious inspiration. It has not stopped all them including me to become atheists, and they weer not forced into anything.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Christians:

Putting the "fun" back into "fundamentalist"!
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Christians:

Putting the "fun" back into "fundamentalist"!
    like the happy clappies
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Well in all honesty, we also selected a "christian school" for our children, (I had my three stages of education on such institutes also), but more for reasons of practicality than because of religious inspiration. It has not stopped all them including me to become atheists, and they weer not forced into anything.
    True, but that is because they had other education from home, telling educating them from a different perspective. Not all parents are like that, and many don't get a non biased teaching..

Thread Information