Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    You cant critique your own posting, it doesnt work like that.

When i first joined UCP i think i could arguably say that i proved the age barrier means nothing if you dont go off like an idiot. Nowadays its generally guys like Spastik Roach doing that. Segregating under 16's isnt a solution. If you guys think theres a problem with kids on the forum, well then set a better standard for them to follow.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    There's always they "report bad post" button, I gather that works?
    It does work, but it's been months since I have received an email from somebody reporting a bad post.... Yet people love to complain and critique.

I encourage everybody to use it -when needed- to help us clean this place and be aware of what's going on.

well the report bad post button is small and is in the corner... new members etc. may not see it or even know its there..
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    It does work, but it's been months since I have received an email from somebody reporting a bad post.... Yet people love to complain and critique.

I encourage everybody to use it -when needed- to help us clean this place and be aware of what's going on.
    If i really see something thatis obviously wrong,mostly spam or something i use it i guess i use it about 3 times a year at max.

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek-i
    This whole "newbie forum" thing is just a weird idea...I mean...we want to make newbies feel welcome, not just throw them aside to another forum just cause ONE newbie (or two) is causing a ruckus. And the whole age thing isn't that...right either. But instead of making a newbie forum, an age restricted forum would be more...right (under 16 15 14 blablabla...) And I've noticed that Drakkie is the only mod or member that has been posting "me getting pissed, any suggestions?" threads...
    member it is for me.

anyway, i have talked to some members on MSN that also got quite pissed.A few weeks ago it was much worse as it is now

To have the newbies with real suggestions i gave the idea of checking all posts outside the newbie forums by those members. Apparently quite a number of people have dyslexia

Most suggestions weren't liked,ok i can live with that. That's why it were suggestions and posted here and not emailed directly to W. To be discussed,rejected,criticised,praised and maybe in the end after long discussion perhaps be taken into serious consideration.

i'd be curious to see #5 into action though.Im more than willing to help if anyone needs help on them.

I think i'll let this thread rest for now.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    If i really see something thatis obviously wrong,mostly spam or something i use it i guess i use it about 3 times a year at max.

If you see something that is wrong enough to press the REPORT POST button only 3 times a year, then why have you decided there is a big problem on these forums?
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Isn't it funny that as soon as you went away, the forum got better?

All those ideas were pretty much crap, sticky thread thing aside.

I'd like to see rep back, but it's pointless. It has no value whatsoever. It is gone. Geddit?

Oh, and you tell the mods that they should check out every post/new thread... how many posts are made here each day? When Gtek-i got released from bannage, he made over 50 posts in his first few hours of being back. Sorry to make an example of you, mate...

Age limit is also crap. There are plenty of younger members, in fact, I was 15 when I joined. 6'bore would have been 13/14. Spastik is fackin' young . The only troublesome member who was young was Karrmann/Prius, and he's long gone.

If you don't like this place, then why don't you piss off somewhere else? Make your own goddamn forum and then see how hard it is to instate all your rules and stick by them. That is, if anyone joins, because it's like being under Nazi reign.

It seems to be only you who is willing to express a certain chagrin for UCP, and I personally see no problem. Sure, there may be the odd member who gets up my nose, but that's what the Ignore button is for.

IWantAnAudiRS6... i totally agree with ya!
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    It was a system in which users could give other users reputation points for a good or bad post. It was abandoned 4 years ago IIRC.
    ...No wonder why my_porsche does not want this things to return.

What would be wrong with a type of rep system that is anonymous to the forum and only to the person receiving it.
    Like you can give someone a praise of some type not in a PM or Post but anonymously and the user can read it such as this...

(Well done on a great contribution to the thread we need more post like yours). Then in ones profile there is a praise = 1 or 2 or what ever number of praises etc you have gotten, No-one else can see what was said only the user it was intended for, The numbers dont get seen in the threads only in ones profile.
    Some might not want to be openly upfront in there praising on a public forum, And this way they can without anyone knowing who it was, You could also criticise them if they have done something wrong, Not just bad rep them and the whole forum sees it.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    What would be wrong with a type of rep system that is anonymous to the forum and only to the person receiving it.
    Like you can give someone a praise of some type not in a PM or Post but anonymously and the user can read it such as this...

(Well done on a great contribution to the thread we need more post like yours). Then in ones profile there is a praise = 1 or 2 or what ever number of praises etc you have gotten, No-one else can see what was said only the user it was intended for, The numbers dont get seen in the threads only in ones profile.
    Some might not want to be openly upfront in there praising on a public forum, And this way they can without anyone knowing who it was, You could also criticise them if they have done something wrong, Not just bad rep them and the whole forum sees it.
    Not to be cross here, but I like to maintain my own judgement on individual posts. I don't really need to know whether the poster is highly reputed or not.
    And probably the system you are proposing, although not without merit, will not stop giving people pos or neg rep to people they particular like or dislike.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

yeah, i think the reputation thing will not be fair to everyone. people with low post counts will be treated different than people with 1,000 or more posts.

i was on another site were i had like 45 posts and i said something and the memebrs with like 1,000 to 2,000 posts or more would say no one will take you seriously because your post count is so low!

and it wil be the same with rep, members with high high post counts will give newbies a low rep, because their new, but give each other good rep because they know each other.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox
    IWantAnAudiRS6... i totally agree with ya!
    I knew someone else around here had sense!

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling
    ...No wonder why my_porsche does not want this things to return.
    No need for that. He's a good guy, and occasionally he might seem a bit of an idiot but he means well. Leave him alone.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    No need for that. He's a good guy, and occasionally he might seem a bit of an idiot but he means well. Leave him alone.
    Ugh, perhaps I should at least try hmm?

Tell me, do you know him personally?

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling
    Ugh, perhaps I should at least try hmm?

Tell me, do you know him personally?
    Yes.

And yes. Pretty well.

Thread Information