Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    The suggestions sound like they would turn UCP into a concentration camp.....I think it's better if the mods would keep the members, no matter new or not, under control.

1. The mods vote to determine if a person has been posting useless things, which then leads to warnings, then bans if the "uselessness" keeps on coming.

2. If a mod suspects argument or flames between members, the involved should be notified to stop doing so on the forums and to take the fight to other places such as PMs instead.

Other than that I have no problems with the current system.
    Good ideas

I like. And agree.

Particularly the 'useful' quotient...

yeah i agree also... with all the suggestions that drakkie made, this place would not be any fun.
    Last edited by Equinox; 08-06-2006 at 10:15 PM.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    I hope somebody would take my suggestions seriously because some people are posting lots of useless stuffs out there which most member don't like, and such persons know who they are.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

I hope somebody would take my suggestions seriously because some people are posting lots of useless stuffs out there which most member don't like, and such persons know who they are.
    you are not supposed to be here in the first place
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    you are not supposed to be here in the first place
    Lol my dad cut the trip short.

I thought I'd relax a little by getting on UCP after rushing from the middle of Oregon all the way back home in a night.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Lol my dad cut the trip short.

I thought I'd relax a little by getting on UCP after rushing from the middle of Oregon all the way back home in a night.
    ...Overfocker?

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Here they come as promised, W

1) Bring back the rep system
    2) Create a new forum especially for the newbies.
    3) When they don't have enough rep,say 3-5,they can only post through a system that allows the mods to check every thread and post they make.If it doesn't contribute anything,you can block it. Otherwise only posts can be made in the newbie forums.
    4) When it is useful (for the thread) they automatically get a rep-point,allowing them to post freely in the forums. What is useful has to be discussed and stated clearly.
    5) Create a "sticky" code of conduct thread. Clear rules and guidelines about what we prefer them to post.This should automatically be linked to after joining the forums. The mods will get clear guidelines what to regard as a useless thread/post and to lock/delete in which case.
    6) Anyone that has over 10% useless posts can be trown back into the Newbie forum !!!
    7) The 10% rating will have to be set by a new button in each post. Click it and it gets the mods' attention. They can easily filter through all the posts. Everyone is able to report them and should report them if possible.
    8) Raise the age on which people are allowed to join. Offcourse they can always click yes,im 16 but it will also keep some out. Current members should be granted amnesty This is mainly to keep out the children that join in and start posting rubbish. IN GENERAL older members are way more serious about things
    9) For the newer forum membrs create a limit to the amount of posts a day,something like 10 or 20 If they get enough rep,this can be raised.

10-12) Fill in other members' suggestions, i ran out shortly before the dozen

I hope something useful comes out of this to stop the "newbie-terror".

Cheers,
    Sjoerd.
    Alot of thought put into your idea's but not very easy to put into action.

I assume mods have a life away from UCP, and some of your ideas would need constant mod attention.

Lay off newbies, most of them go away after a couple of days. they get bored easily. And it's dumbass senior members such as myself that need to be sorted out more than newbies.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Alot of thought put into your idea's but not very easy to put into action.

I assume mods have a life away from UCP, and some of your ideas would need constant mod attention.

Lay off newbies, most of them go away after a couple of days. they get bored easily. And it's dumbass senior members such as myself that need to be sorted out more than newbies.
    - Correct
    - Also correct
    - Not quite true- look at a certain couple of members I shall name no names of...
    - And correct. Crushingly honest. I'll join you in boot camp. You bring the illegal stash of weed, I'll bring the illegal stash of Fruit Pastilles.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    ...Overfocker?
    Overclock.....overfock......I was bored.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

I don't know about you guys but we should implement a Sesame Street Sub-Forum into the Multimedia category.

But, to get back to seriousness.

All of those things that you mentioned would involve a lot of my time Drakkie. You guys may think doing this moderator stuff is fun and easy, but it's time consuming, and can get annoying with various floods of spam. Half the time you guys don't see it because we get to it and shoot the thread and member down, within minutes of the post... to make sure your virgin eyes will not be tainted.

Well this thread was mostly meant as an opening for the discussion. I agree my ideas/suggestions went a bit far,but that was (partially) intended. In a debate it is always the middle way that gets chosen and rarely the extreme way. some of the ideas posted here are pretty good(better as mine,i must admit).

Now i am just curious what the mods would think would work in this case ?

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Now i am just curious what the mods would think would work in this case ?
    Probably what they've been doing for the past 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Probably what they've been doing for the past 3 years.
    Especially since most of us don't see a problem...
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Especially since most of us don't see a problem...
    Are you all open for what plenty of members see as a problem ?

Thread Information