Thread: Help out our community! SCIPP!

Help out our community! SCIPP!

All you guys know me and you know that I'm not one to either condone or solicite things, but I would greatly appreciate it if you guys took some time out to read this.

Here in Canada, there is a region of Ontario called Simcoe County.

Although not a big county, we're well known for our huge population of skateboarders. Although we have alot of skaters, we don't have alot of places to skate. Time's get rough, and when we resort to streets, we usually get kicked off of em as quickly as we pop an ollie. We have a little skatepark, but lately it has run as rampant a place for mountain bikers as it has skateboarders.

I don't ask for much guys. And if you live in like the Netherlands or something I certainly don't expect you to help.

But our goal is to make an indoor skatepark equivalant to Zero Gravity in North Carolina. The skatepark would be for skaters, bikers, and not only citizens of simcoe county, but for anyone else who would care to come in. It would be non profit, and we wouldn't expect to make and money from it, nor would we charge anything to use it.

Here is their site.
    http://www.zerogravityskatepark.com/

Here is ours.
    www.scipp.org

SCIPP standing for Simcoe County Indoor Skate Project

If any of you guys, or ultimatecarpage as a whole would like to donate to us that would be sooo awesome. We live in a county like boss hogs, so the streets are ruled by cops who are controlled by the mayor. Just think of us, and think how skateboarders have evolved. Alot more of us are kind, and nice citizens, just like the rest of the world.

Thanx guys, and enjoi.
    Last edited by 6speed; 08-01-2006 at 09:50 AM.
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

You really have to think about the long-term. If it's non-profit and you aren't charging an entry fee, who's gonna pay for maintainence?

Do you know how much indoor skateparks cost to build? it's not something you can build just out of small donations. You're talking hundereds of thousands of pounds. And build it cheaply, it'll cost lots of money to repair and end up costing more. Personally I think it's a bad idea.

If you send me my fortune cookie, I'll think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    SCIPP standing for Simcoe County Indoor Skate Project
    Then shouldnt it be SCISP?

Quote Originally Posted by McLareN
    Then shouldnt it be SCISP?
    I mean park project. And the town pays for maintenance. Just I hope UCP might be able to donate to this awesome cause. We already have 200,000 dollars.

Have you tried applying for a grant from the government?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

do you know what the target price is?

i am going to ontario in a few weeks... i'll see if i can get to simcoe county and donate some cash!
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox
    do you know what the target price is?

i am going to ontario in a few weeks... i'll see if i can get to simcoe county and donate some cash!
    it's one million dollars. Everything is official, and yeah, I don't know where you're going here in Ont. but if you get near barrie, stop by midland at the schoolbus surfshop and check it out, and ask about SCIPP.

www.schoolbussurfshop.com

i think i might just do that!

were i live, we just got a new skate park and its great... so i know what you mean when you need a place to skate, so it would be good to at least help.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

I longboard, the streets are my skatepark
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    I longboard, the streets are my skatepark
    allways so helpfull arent you?

Have you got any sponsors? Here is what i suggest:
    -Ask both federal AND provincial governements for grants. Here in montreal we produced a movie two years ago about the evolution of the portugese comunity and both governemnts gave us some cash.
    -Sponsors. If you can get some companies to sponsor your project you could be looking at a healthy inflow of cash. Brands like Vans, Alien, Airwalk etc...
    -Car washes... im out of idwas...
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    allways so helpfull arent you?
    Thats me!

Have you got any sponsors? Here is what i suggest:
    -Ask both federal AND provincial governements for grants. Here in montreal we produced a movie two years ago about the evolution of the portugese comunity and both governemnts gave us some cash.
    -Sponsors. If you can get some companies to sponsor your project you could be looking at a healthy inflow of cash. Brands like Vans, Alien, Airwalk etc...
    -Car washes... im out of idwas...
    But mainly because I'm 15, how am I supposed to come up with something like THAT ^^?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

He's talking about me.

Where's my fortune cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    I mean park project. And the town pays for maintenance. Just I hope UCP might be able to donate to this awesome cause. We already have 200,000 dollars.
    WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY

have to look wether there hasn't been a headline 'national bank robbed by a bunch of masked skateboaders' shown recently

i myself am in much harder position; the only skatepark we have in our city has three halfpipes, one miniramp, two verts and one very big funbox, apart from that just some rails and small walls and it's not covered and that's all i can get -i've been skating on it (agressive rollerskates <- doesn't mean i'm agressive, just the name ) for about 5 or 6 years; sometimes i go on the closed skatepark which is close to european standards, which is 120 kms away
    12 cylinders or walk!

Thread Information