View Poll Results: Which car magazine is your favourite?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Automobile

4 8.70%
  • Car and Driver

5 10.87%
  • Motor Trend

0 0%
  • Road and Track

6 13.04%
  • Other

31 67.39%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite car magazine

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche
    sprichst du auch deutsch?
    nur wenn Ich stark besoffen bin...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    nur wenn Ich stark besoffen bin...
    hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Some people should learn that there's something outside USA...
    OP is from Canuckistan.

Hey, any of you lucky folks want to fling me a copy of a magazine that cover Motorsports?
    "That's the first time I've been unhappy to have a bird on my face."

-Jenson Button after having a bird hit him during a preseason practice

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Subtle.

About as subtle as this:

Applies to you too. Fortunately for me, it was not intended to be humourous.

*sings*

"Nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares..."

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    Track and Race Cars

Where do you get that.. been looking for that magazine for a while now, my mum's friend had a copy of it, was a good read.

Racecar Engineering, evo, Classic and Spotrs cars, Classic Cars, Race Engine.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

BBC Top Gear (is that the correct and official name of the magazine?) and EVO.

I love the section of the BBC Top Gear Magazine which reviews and provides specs for every car manufacturer's new/current cars. I love the comments... like the comment about the SsangYong Stavic - Please don't make us talk about this car.
    Last edited by john14; 08-06-2006 at 08:06 PM.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Only the cool ones are and the Canadians are the coolest
    damn straight!

and i have to say i read all of those magazines (but i am a car guy ) but i mostly read road and track.

i should put that into the "you know your a car guy...." thread!
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    *sings*

"Nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares, nobody cares..."
    nice song... one of the best i've heard all year.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Australian MOTOR Magazine would be my fave, followed by CAR, Top Gear.
    I am a New Zealander, and I hate Greg Murphy. Yes, we exist.

I like the Hot4's magazine.
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

EVO
    CAR
    Road & Track
    Intersection (when it shows up)
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Yeah this is old, but there have been many threads dedicated to it and I didn't want to start a new one.

People have answered about what their favourite car magazines are, but I'm more interested in what your own personal view is of the major magazines in your country/that you read are. Here are some of my thoughts.

When I was younger, we had a Road and Track subscription and I had one for last year for a bit and was only mildly satisfied. I enjoyed their road tests and comparisons but found there were not enough to my liking. The detailed stats pages are excellent I must say though. Car and Driver I read occasionally and find to be enjoyable - but honestly it's been a long time since I've read a full issue so I am not too sure. Read a few Top Gears and they are alright, but too lighthearted for the more hardcore enthusiasts and only fun for a change every once and a while. I've read some evo and some of it online and it seems to me that it is accepted as the English language car magazine of record amongst car enthusiasts and car snobs and I have considered getting a subscription but I fear that it will be quite expensive. A bit of a more nice magazine, my father brought home Octane from Britain which for those who don;t know caters to classic car aficionados and buyers - it was really informative and had some great photography and buying information - not that useful but quite interesting none the less. What I'm more interested in though is hearing your views on these magazines and magazines I haven't read - what is Motor Trend's shtick for example? I notice in Britain there is more tabloidy car mags, does anyone read them? What about more niche magazines? Or magazines in other parts of the world?

Motortrend is weird. I see them more of an American car biased magazine, but then again, I haven't read an issue since maybe April.

I quit reading Motortrend because they praised the new Honda Accord in a first drive like crazy. Then decided it was shit the next time they compared it against the Camry. I was like WTF? How can you go back on your word? I then went to Car and Driver, but now that I'm at college, I stopped reading altogether. And my only source of automotive news is now UCP.

Thread Information