View Poll Results: Which car magazine is your favourite?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Automobile

    4 8.70%
  • Car and Driver

    5 10.87%
  • Motor Trend

    0 0%
  • Road and Track

    6 13.04%
  • Other

    31 67.39%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65

Thread: Your favourite car magazine

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    6,369
    Got to be Evo for me.
    It's a very good quality magazine. All the articles are very in depth.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,456
    Evo, Racecar Engineering, Race Tech...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    6,369
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Evo, Racecar Engineering, Race Tech...
    Is it even possible to get Racecar Engineering anymore?
    I haven't seen it in a store in years

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rozenburg, Holland
    Posts
    27,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Is it even possible to get Racecar Engineering anymore?
    I haven't seen it in a store in years
    there is such a thing as a subscription....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    308
    SUPER STREET & MODIFIED MAG for me...
    Oo____oO GT-R

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    6,369
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    there is such a thing as a subscription....
    Yes, I'm aware of that

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    brisbane - sub-tropical land of mangoes
    Posts
    16,251
    Unique Cars magazine. although it always makesme wish i had more money/garage space
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Posts
    4,130
    Car Kulture DeLuxe is the only auto rag I bother reading anymore.

    Although Ol Skool Rodz and Hemmings Motor News will get a passing glance now and then.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

    Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Republika ng Pilipinas
    Posts
    665
    Road and Track!!!
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    33,495
    It's been many months since I read a car magazine, but of the Spanish ones, Automovil stands out for me (or at least used to).
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,456
    Barnes & Nobles in my area still carries it every month, but I do live in the greater Detroit area these days....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,826
    I don't even remember last time I read a car mag. I used to read my EVO copy in a couple of days. I think I just read the editorial since they changed the Italian chief editor.
    it was a good read, but I'm not so sure it was a good car mag. nothing comparable to TG, but somehow I think it was becoming more average than what it used to be.

    Italian mags all suck. Quattroruote is the more diffused, it's full of car-related articles usually more interesting of the car articles themselves, but in the end it all sucks. I subscribed to it a year ago, I read just some articles here and there.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I don't even remember last time I read a car mag. I used to read my EVO copy in a couple of days. I think I just read the editorial since they changed the Italian chief editor.
    it was a good read, but I'm not so sure it was a good car mag. nothing comparable to TG, but somehow I think it was becoming more average than what it used to be.

    Italian mags all suck. Quattroruote is the more diffused, it's full of car-related articles usually more interesting of the car articles themselves, but in the end it all sucks. I subscribed to it a year ago, I read just some articles here and there.
    I think EVO and Octane are the best i've read so far. I have never read Top Gear, but do you think its better? It seems a little silly on the cover. I guess its because of the tv show, i never take the reviews seriously when i watch the shows, its just good entertainment. I find the quality of the pictures and fine description of the handling makes EVO a winner.

    I also read racecar engineering, which is a little diffrent kind though, but the magazine i find most entertaining.

    Anyone read a magazine called MotorSport? Picked up a copy in London once. That issue was full of good articles and pictures
    Nulla tenaci invia est via

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Modena
    Posts
    9,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuto View Post
    I think EVO and Octane are the best i've read so far. I have never read Top Gear, but do you think its better? It seems a little silly on the cover. I guess its because of the tv show, i never take the reviews seriously when i watch the shows, its just good entertainment. I find the quality of the pictures and fine description of the handling makes EVO a winner.

    I also read racecar engineering, which is a little diffrent kind though, but the magazine i find most entertaining.

    Anyone read a magazine called MotorSport? Picked up a copy in London once. That issue was full of good articles and pictures
    Italian TG is like a gossip-car-tabloid
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

    *cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Italian TG is like a gossip-car-tabloid
    OK I see. Found the Motorsport site Motor Sport Magazine
    Nulla tenaci invia est via

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. GT4 whole car list!!!!
    By Mustang in forum Gaming
    Replies: 247
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 08:06 AM
  2. What is you favourite Car
    By Fabio Ferrari in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 03:45 PM
  3. best or favourite carbureted car
    By lukeh in forum Car comparison
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 07:14 AM
  4. Sport Compact Car Magazine
    By shr0olvl in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2005, 12:01 PM
  5. GTR's Survey!
    By GTR Dreamer in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 01:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •