Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ipod nano

ipod nano

Do apple 2GB Ipod nano use USB or USB 2.0 or do I have to buy a USB 2.0 card?
    PEACE AUDI

It works with USB 1.1 too.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

its both usb 2.0 and 1.1 as far as i know

either way if you havent already bought it then its not too late to buy something better instead

ok thanks a lot for the help
    PEACE AUDI

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    either way if you havent already bought it then its not too late to buy something better instead
    If you get it there i suggest the Philips hdd 1420 Twice the capacity for same bucks and better device keypad is great for pimping

you do much pimping there, drakkie?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    you do much pimping there, drakkie?
    DUH!

What's wrong with the iPod nano...?

(Don't bother with a counter argument. It'll suck to me, and I won't care anyway.)

Nothing is wrong with iPods, it's just that iPod hating has become just as trendy as iPod owning.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

the problem isn't entirely the product, its the post-purchase customer care... i used to have a 1st generation ipod, which lived for years (until it was stolen), but people i know with ipods are either suspiciously unlucky, or its actually built to do this- one year later, just after the warranty expires, the iPod dies too, whether its battery, hard drive or display failures. get an extended warranty if you can...

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin
    Nothing is wrong with iPods, it's just that iPod hating has become just as trendy as iPod owning.
    not to me, i wouldnt say theres anything wrong with the iPod except the lack of .wma support (which i may understand, but dont agree with) and the price (i recently bought a Zen Sleek Photo 20 Gb for £110, or the price of a 2 Gb Nano excluding VAT, or £10 more than a 1 Gb Nano including VAT), which i just think is over inflated, but everyone seems to think that the iPod (or IPOD as everyone seems to type it now) is the best thing ever and therefor will buy them even if their 10x the price of anything else

PS - dont say i dont like apple, i HATE M$, and i love Apple, and would dearly love to have one, but i just do not have an Intel in my PC, and will not spend £1000 on a pc that will be slower than mine to run it (and yes i know i can run 10.4 on a G3 that cost virtually nothing, but then to do anything powerful i would need to use this, and then i would keep using this to do something else on for conveniance)

Quote Originally Posted by neema_t
    the problem isn't entirely the product, its the post-purchase customer care... i used to have a 1st generation ipod, which lived for years (until it was stolen), but people i know with ipods are either suspiciously unlucky, or its actually built to do this- one year later, just after the warranty expires, the iPod dies too, whether its battery, hard drive or display failures. get an extended warranty if you can...
    my iPod nano broke 3 days after i bought it because it fell. Yes it fell, but the new one they sent fell 3 times and kept on playing music as it fell and it still works. It could be the case though. But i know someone who has an iPod that fell several times without a case on and it still works.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Originally Posted by drakkie
    If you get it there i suggest the Philips hdd 1420 Twice the capacity for same bucks and better device keypad is great for pimping
    drakkie, are you showing a Dutch person's biased towards Philips? Are Philips still 100% Dutch owned, or have Philips been bought (or a percentage of Philips) by an American or Asian electronics company?

P.S - Philips are a very good company, my "Made in Holland" Philps Phlilshave electric shaver lasted 4 years and our Philips flat screen televsion is great.
    Last edited by john14; 08-06-2006 at 07:52 PM.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

I quite like iPods, my 2nd gen lasted a solid 3 years (including a drop off a bar counter and some good thrashings in my backpack) and is still seeing service with my friend whom I gave it to. My new one is great as well, although lags a bit I find, possibly because it's full to the brim.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that people who hate them often have no valid reasons why and just hate them because it's cool, or the anti-cool... which makes them cool to others, and oh whatever I'm ranting. Buy what you want, not what others think you should.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin
    I quite like iPods, my 2nd gen lasted a solid 3 years (including a drop off a bar counter and some good thrashings in my backpack) and is still seeing service with my friend whom I gave it to. My new one is great as well, although lags a bit I find, possibly because it's full to the brim.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that people who hate them often have no valid reasons why and just hate them because it's cool, or the anti-cool... which makes them cool to others, and oh whatever I'm ranting. Buy what you want, not what others think you should.
    Yup, mum's made her 40Gb last for 4 years now... impressive!

I'll always buy iPods, to me they represent the best engineering out of all MP3 players. Also one of the few that works with my Mac...

My Shuffles have done me well. My first one got run over twice, and used every single day before the headphone jack went weird after a year and 8 months. It still works- just that the headphone jack is a bit dodgy. My new one I have high expectations for- I now how to take care of them now.

Thread Information