Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any info on this enzo crash??

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    Just look at the last pic and you get the deal: 2 Ford GT's and probably some other supercars in the rear. It's just some rich-ass idiots trying to brag and act stupid by driving way to fast on roads they shouldn't. If they want to drive fast, get to some abbandonned salt plain...
    It was actually a charity event that at the end had a speed run where the police would clock you and youd give the money the ticket would of costed to chairty. It was a closed rode and the money went to charity I dont see whats stupid about that? Also the car had 30,000 miles on it thats quite a lot for any ferrari let alone an enzo.
    Last edited by rev440; 08-06-2006 at 08:16 PM.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

i read he was doing almost 200mph then hit a bump on the road which sent the car flyin and did so many flips, the guy was wearing a helmet and it was supposed to be some sort of gumball-like event.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Quote Originally Posted by julian2
    “Police have calculated the official speed of impact at 162 MPH.” And the guy just got a bloody nose. That is how good Ferrari build a car.
    The coverage on wreckedexotics is pretty comprehensive, it seems the car was in the process of getting repossesed and wasn’t even street legal for America.
    That was a different crash mate. A totally different crash.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    It was actually a charity event that at the end had a speed run where the police would clock you and youd give the money the ticket would of costed to chairty. It was a closed rode and the money went to charity I dont see whats stupid about that? Also the car had 30,000 miles on it thats quite a lot for any ferrari let alone an enzo.
    Ok, so it was charity... great action by the people. But shouldn't they check first if the road is good for it?
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Ok, so it was charity... great action by the people. But shouldn't they check first if the road is good for it?
    I think they now know that it needs a bit of bitumen... don't worry... I'd love to go on one of those! It takes ages to hit the max of a car though.

You would think so but at that speed even the slightest little bump could send that car airborn. So they might have over looked it and not thought it was a hazard.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    You would think so but at that speed even the slightest little bump could send that car airborn. So they might have over looked it and not thought it was a hazard.
    I'm sure they wont make that mistake again
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

I find this info on the net of the crash it is from the site of the The Salt Lake Tribune

MILFORD - A Provo man touring the state in a $1.3 million Ferrari as part of the four-day Utah Fast Pass Road Rally - which involves the Utah Highway Patrol shutting down portions of roads so participants can "open up" their cars - was injured Wednesday morning when he crashed about 27 miles north of Milford.
    Richard Losee was one of 30 drivers of exotic sport cars who paid $5,000 apiece to participate in the rally and was on a stretch of State Route 257 when he lost control of his car.
    Lt. Doug McCleve, a UHP spokesman, said Losee was flown to Utah Valley Medical Center in Provo after the 10 a.m. accident and admitted with fractured bones.
    The Utah Fast Pass Road Rally, organized by Larry Miller's Miller Motor sports Park for the Honoring Heroes Foundation, raises funds to help families of UHP troopers killed or injured in the line of duty.
    The 2003 Enzo Ferrari, traveling at about 100 mph, was torn to pieces during the crash. After veering off the road, the car lost its transmission and V-12 engine and came to rest off the other side of the road.
    McCleve noted the Italian sports car - for safety reasons - is designed
    to come apart in a high-speed crash.
    "The car did exactly what it was designed to do," McCleve said. "Just the chassis and passenger compartment remained."
    UHP Lt. Douglas Rawlinson estimated the Ferrari to be worth $1.3 million.
    The rally is designed to showcase 25 to 30 "super cars" such as Ferrari's, Porches and Mercedes Benz, according to the Miller Motor sports Park Web site. The drive begins and ends at the sports park in Tooele and includes the UHP shutting down a 15-mile stretch of State Route 257, allowing the drivers to speed in their cars, said Trooper Jeff Nigbur.
    The UHP clocked the drivers' speeds and gave
    them "speeding tickets," the "fines" from which go to charity.
    Ferrari Is The Best

That was Losee's car???!!!! Holy shit! Thats the very one that R&T has tested a few times, and the only one with a targa roof. From what I've read, he's no wet behind the ears kinda dude. He's a real collector who can truly drive what he owns. It looks like this time he may have had a slight lapse in judgement. Wow...
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Or a mechanical failure. If you clobber a pothole at 200mph no amount of driver skill is going to save you. See: Stig in Koenigsegg, an F1 driver when something lets go at high speed or rally drivers being pitched onto their roof by their pothole equivalent: the ditch.

I know I've mentioned it a million times, but the joiners on Bruntingthorpe can easily induce a pinching of the seat fabric with the anus at 170mph, so an unexpected divet in the tarmac would not be pleasent. It could have easily burst the tire, buckled the rim, broken the suspension etc etc etc - this is one of the few supercar smashes when I actually feel sorry for the owner/driver. Usually they're down to idiocy.

I will say this: I hope no one gets sued... although it was clearly the organiser's responsibility to check that the black stuff was suitable, there's no way I would be driving a car on a public road (closed or otherwise) at those speeds without checking it myself first. At any motor sport event that can involve unexpected intricacies in the surface, you'll see competitors walking the track - hillclimbs, rally cross, sprints and so on. WRC teams have 'gravel cars' and directions for crying out loud!
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

i would pay alot of cash for that door, heck i'd take anything from that crash

man that sucks

EDIT: i dont know if this has been mentioned before but the owner of this enzo was Richard Losee. He had more miles on his enzo than any other person. In the first year of owning the enzo he had over 10,000 miles on it. This would be the second misfortune for this enzo, first time was when a girl on a motorcycle rammed the back of it at a stoplight. His enzo was the one from the Road and Track article with the enzo in the white sands test.

dont feel too bad for the guy, his first car at 16yrs old was a ferrari, he inherited all his wealth. He will probably have his enzo replaced
    Last edited by werty; 08-07-2006 at 07:22 PM.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by KonaGreen
    That was Losee's car???!!!! Holy shit! Thats the very one that R&T has tested a few times, and the only one with a targa roof. From what I've read, he's no wet behind the ears kinda dude. He's a real collector who can truly drive what he owns. It looks like this time he may have had a slight lapse in judgement. Wow...
    It's not actually a targa. It's a T-Top, and it's one of the most driven Ferrari Enzos in the world.

This was Mr. Losee's Enzo before this accident.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2006/07/19/t...ri-enzo-targa/

A Road & Track article on the Enzo.
    http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?i...essenzo1wc.jpg
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Its a shame it had to be Mr.Losee's Targa Enzo, I really liked his audacity to cut the roof off, it made it incredibly unreal and awesome for me.

ya over here in Utah Losee Jewelers is one of the biggest jewelers around... just so you know...

so that makes only 1 Enzo left in Utah?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    It happened in Utah on some sort of supercar event. Apparently it was travelling a high speed along a straight road when it hit a pothole in the road and the driver lost control. Apparently he walked away from the incident relatively unhurt. This is all stuff I've heard on other net forums so I can't vouch for how truthful it all is.
    Now that car is what you call a Ride-Off
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

Thread Information