Thread: Tires

Tires

My tires are getting a little worn out. It's not so bad that they need to be immediately replaced, but I think it's time to start thinking about what kind of tires I might want to get this time around. The stock tires are Goodyear Eagle F1's, and I don't know if I should get more of the same, or if I should try something new. Is there anything that would be a reasonable price and would last a fairly long time that would be stickier? I would love to give my car a boost in the off-the-line accelaration and handling departments as I lose traction pretty regularly when I get a little too excited. By the way I drive a 2002 Camaro SS if you didn't know already.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BF Goodrich g-Force Sport, Toyo T1R/T1S, Advan S.4., Advan Neova. Just check Tirerack.

BTW nice car

You may as well try something different just to know how the Goodyears stand up. Theyre a pretty well rated tyre over here though. Just remember though unless you wanna spend big bucks youre likely to trade wet weather grip for dry weather grip if you want more traction off the line.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by gtface
    Is there anything that would be a reasonable price and would last a fairly long time that would be stickier?
    More grip and long lasting tend to be a bit mutually exclusive, price as well
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    You may as well try something different just to know how the Goodyears stand up. Theyre a pretty well rated tyre over here though. Just remember though unless you wanna spend big bucks youre likely to trade wet weather grip for dry weather grip if you want more traction off the line.
    For the record, dry weather grip is much more important to me. It doesn't rain to often here. In fact, it hasn't rained in a few months, except for a little drizzle her and there (that's not exactly normal though). When it does rain, I'm pretty good about taking it easy. I read a car and driver article where they tested 11 different kinds of high-performance tires and they rated the Eagle F1s as #1. This was mostly due to the F1s' superior handling in the wet. The Yokohamas were ranked #3, but they scored slightly better on the dry track. I'll lok into those a little more as they seem like a logical alternative.

PS2's FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    More grip and long lasting tend to be a bit mutually exclusive, price as well
    I am willing to come up a bit on the price over the F1s if it is worth it. As far as longevity, I am willing to sacrifice some of that for performance as well but not to a ridiculous extent. I'm not expecting a miracle, just something a little more performance-biased.

Dunlop SP Sport 9000. They're like glue in the dry and like glue in the rain. They rock. And they have reasonable wear.

If your car was a girl, I'd have it over the table. That is sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    If your car was a girl, I'd have it over the table. That is sexy.
    Thanks? I think that's a complement, but I don't like the idea of you raping my car.

Quote Originally Posted by gtface
    Thanks? I think that's a complement, but I don't like the idea of you raping my car.
    Oh, girls always say yes to me.

So it's not rape.

It's 'surprise sex'.

Bitchin' ride, I've always had a soft-spot for lairy pony cars.

Thread Information