Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacques who?? Too much of a good thing!

Jacques who?? Too much of a good thing!

I know i'm gonna break alot of hearts by saying this, 'good riddens to bad rubbish', but hey, let's be honest, the last time he won a race was sometime in '97. He did make a great start, probably the best I can remember but never ever forget just how good the Williams package was. He finished behind the world champ who incidently was his team-mate. Not many drivers experience that in their rookie year.

But what's it been like since then? Just imagine, had he not been world champ in 97, and faffed around like he has been doing for the better part of a decade, would anyone ever have given a toss? I dont have a personal vendetta against him but an F1 seat is far too precious to waste on a chinless wonder like him. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da.
    Last edited by Nazmacher; 08-12-2006 at 12:55 AM.

He was the only driver for years that provided any entertainment on and off the track. Since 1996, he has not driven a car superior to the competition, so it is hard to judge him on his results. This year he was doing a better job most of the time than his highly acclaimed team mate. He was forced to leave the sport because of political reasons, but I am sure he can do a much better job than the clown that's driving the BMW right now.

He is also the only former Champ car driver to be really successful in Formula 1 for decades. Others like Zanardi, Da Matta and Montoya tried, but failed miserably.

So yeah good riddance.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Let him drive The dude is reat fun If he wasn't talented at all,they would 'v e never let him drive back then in the first place. His comeback was a bit slow,he needed to get used to it again or something,i dont know. Because of that people think he is the most crap driver ever,NOT. Believe me he would beat the sh!t out of you in a race. I saw Kimi R. 9-10 years ago "driving circles" around my friend(who was the then dutch champion karting) in a equal kart and both at the same age. Villeneuve would do the exact same... It takes some special skills to become a f1 driver in the first place and to stay takes a big mouth. THAT Villeneuve has plenty off(both).

In a good car, he would be WC again
    Last edited by drakkie; 08-12-2006 at 01:47 AM.

It may not entirely be true, but I believe that F1 has the best of the best. At no point do I mean to rebut the talent of Villeneuve, but F1 (maybe, sadly so for some) is all about perfection. For entertainment there are movies like Driven. The true judge for a great driver, is what he can salvage when things aren't going his way. Yes, all F1 drivers (however mediocre we make them out to be) are brilliant. Given the right set of tools, they will succeed. And Villeneuve, may win another world championship, but first he's gonna have to beat his team-mate- something he hasn't done since 2002!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmacher
    It may not entirely be true, but I believe that F1 has the best of the best. At no point do I mean to rebut the talent of Villeneuve, but F1 (maybe, sadly so for some) is all about perfection. For entertainment there are movies like Driven. The true judge for a great driver, is what he can salvage when things aren't going his way. Yes, all F1 drivers (however mediocre we make them out to be) are brilliant. Given the right set of tools, they will succeed. And Villeneuve, may win another world championship, but first he's gonna have to beat his team-mate- something he hasn't done since 2002!
    He outqualified and outpaced Heidfeld this season with ease. He was a bit unfortunate with technical problems robbing him of certain points.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

It is time for JV to go IMO....he had his time in the sun and it obviously wasn't coming back.

I'd rather see a new driver get a seat and have his go than for the dead wood to hang around too long.

It seems in recent years more drivers have been flushed in and out of F1 than previously...I guess that can be good and bad.

A lot of it is just the business side of the show more than the actual performance of the driver.

It is unfortunate, but I am sure if Mario Thiessen had the choice he would have gotten rid of Heidfeld (but Heidfeld has a 3 year contract )
    I hope JV goes into sports car racing or Champ Car and becomes successful

I with Zytek, he should get into ALMS, Grand Am etc. He'd be allright at that I think. Heck, I like watching those races more than F1 anyway.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

I'd love to see him in ALMS! Or maybe DTM.. Or WTCC..
    I prefere him as a driver over many of the other contenders in F1 today..
    And like Wouter said, his cars have never been good enough to win with..
    Hate to see him go

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia
    It is time for JV to go IMO....he had his time in the sun and it obviously wasn't coming back.

I'd rather see a new driver get a seat and have his go than for the dead wood to hang around too long.

It seems in recent years more drivers have been flushed in and out of F1 than previously...I guess that can be good and bad.

A lot of it is just the business side of the show more than the actual performance of the driver.
    Nothing wrong with that. Prost retired and then came back and won a world title.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

hmm i wonder if he will pursue his musical career.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Superior or inferior equipment aside, he was World Driving Champion. Not too many can say the same......look at the many names that never won one!!! He was not the greatest driver ever, but he was colourful. A good driver will never succeed with inferior equipment, but a poor driver can fail with the best. I don't believe he will be missed by F1. But a sport that needs an injection of competion just lost one it's more fiesty personalities. Too many drivers today are satisfied with an "it's the best we could have hoped for today" attitude. What ever happened to F1's exciting drivers like Keke Rosberg, that actually won races more on drivers ability and risk than purely relying on techno advances to get them to the checkered flag first?

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    It is unfortunate, but I am sure if Mario Thiessen had the choice he would have gotten rid of Heidfeld (but Heidfeld has a 3 year contract )
    I doubt it, Theissen has been in love with Heidfeld since they were at Williams
    I am the Stig

JV did have terrible drives for a while. BAR was too new when he was there. When he made his "comeback" with Renault in late 2004, he was out of the driver's seat for way too long. When he joined Sauber in 2005, he was beginning to become competitive again, but he was overshadowed by Felipe Massa. (My thoughts on the 2005 Sauber is it wasn't suited to JV's driving style).
    With BMW Sauber this year, JV picked up the team's first points at the Malaysian GP. The only time he wasn't able to get points this year was when he retired. It is nice of BMW to give Kubica an F1 drive, but BMW should have let JV fulfill his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    I doubt it, Theissen has been in love with Heidfeld since they were at Williams
    Having a German at a German-Swiss team is probably a great way to sell BMW's in Germany

Thread Information