Thread: CARS IN FILM (Inspired by a "Bikini" and an Enzo thread)

CARS IN FILM (Inspired by a "Bikini" and an Enzo thread)

Express your opinion on the best movie clips featuring your favourite car scenes!
    My favourite would have to be the opening sequence of "The Italian Job" 1969 (original version). It is a fairly long scene with some incredible in-car shots (maybe sped up a little as they did in those days ie. early Bond films) with a surprise climax to a very neat opening. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who has not seen the film but jesus, if they only had 37 years of foresight!!
    As a bonus all members are welcome to add to their reply a picture of themselves or a significant other posing in a bikini next to a car of some significance (must be site friendly pics only....nothing overboard please, put the emphasis on the car!!!!)
    Why does it seem like the car in most of the good films end up like the Ferrari in "Ferris Bueller's day Off", or the Charger from "Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry"?

the 45 minute car chase sequence in the original Gone in 60 Seconds is a classic
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

all of HB Hinikies movies where awesome
    i know leave me alone i dont know how to spell it

initial D is the ultimate street racing movie, or the Toyota Sienna drifting in The Pacifier
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

^ initial d has a little too much CGI, its a O.K. movie imo.
    i think my favorite would be the highway part in Matrix (2?), that was awesome...
    or the cool drift scenes in fnf3

Hmmmm...

Ronin
    The 2nd Matrix film
    Those are two of my fav's right there.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Quote Originally Posted by KonaGreen
    Ronin
    A shame that the S8 gets so brutally slaughtered

The director's only request for that chase was, "I don't want to see the brake lights at all", and you only ever see them once- when the Audi makes a hard right turn out onto the seafront just before it bones the Citroën.

As for me...

- Taxi (the original, French one) has the better chase. More realistic. I also prefer that style of 406...
    - 2Fast 2Furious, for all its faults and highly unbelievable winners, has an awesome chase with the two rice rockets and the two old-skool Yank muscle cars. I also like those two muscle cars a lot.
    - Ronin. Duh.
    - Bullitt... those V8s... another story there is that Quincy Jones was called in to see what sort of music he might do for the chase sequence. At the point where you hear the Dodge floor it and smoke away, Quincy said, "That don't need no motherf*ckin' music..."
    - xXx. Best use of a Pontiac GTO ever. And it doesn't get broken.
    - Kill Bill. The Pussy Wagon rocks.

The drifting Sienna in the Pacifier and the chase from 007 Die Another Day Aston plus Jag

Herbie.. The moment when "the bug" broke down into two pieces close to the finish line, rear part of the car was faster than the front because the car was rear-engined so it was 1st and 3rd at the same time... it was hilarious
    A Ferrari is a dream, two Ferraris are paradise while three Ferraris are just too good to be true

Michel Vaillant, a lot of great shots in there!

And The Transporter, the first scene. Ok, it's not realistic, but it's quite entertaining.

All the other movie's are allready posted.

i agree this gtek-i
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

85 % of Le Mans with Steve McQueen is a car "scene"... Love it..
    A man and a woman.. Nice scenes when testing at a race trac..
    And Bullit of course..

Thread Information