Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! I´m an Ignorant Car Fan!

Help! I´m an Ignorant Car Fan!

hey. so the pitch is: is there any site where you can see pictures of every , say, ferrari model, so that people could tell apart every ferrari? im sorry but,apart from the newest i only recognise the 365 gtb daytona, the 365 california and the 275 gtb, or was it the 265 dino....

i made the ferrari example because well, theyre very emblematic but it could apply to say morgan

in ignorant car fan hey a dog with a fluffy tail
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

You can call me scott.

Buy a good book and READ it IMHO books are usually still better as websites.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    IMHO books are usually still better as websites.
    Of course they are... they're usually blessed with the ONLY thing missing from the internet.. corroborated factual accuracy!
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Quote Originally Posted by MrKipling
    Of course they are... they're usually blessed with the ONLY thing missing from the internet.. corroborated factual accuracy!
    Excuse me?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Excuse me?
    Sorry, I don't follow...

Sorry, I don't follow...
    You are talking about the entire internet lacking factual accuracy; I take offence to that.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

You are talking about the entire internet lacking factual accuracy; I take offence to that.
    No, not in the slightest, it's just that some (ie, a helluva lot of) people seem to struggle with the 'filtration' of shite from truth on the interweb - and will willingly spout 'facts' like 'The Hennesey Dodge Viper will do 270mph' without bothering to think it through. Books, generally speaking, are a bit more reliable because 'The Voice' is given to people like Ian Bamsey, rather than Ferrari_Prinze!

No, I have a lot of respect for this site (I thought you'd know that), and wouldn't lump it in with affronts to evidence like Wikipedia!

No, not in the slightest, it's just that some (ie, a helluva lot of) people seem to struggle with the 'filtration' of shite from truth on the interweb - and will willingly spout 'facts' like 'The Hennesey Dodge Viper will do 270mph' without bothering to think it through. Books, generally speaking, are a bit more reliable because 'The Voice' is given to people like Ian Bamsey, rather than Ferrari_Prinze!

No, I have a lot of respect for this site (I thought you'd know that), and wouldn't lump it in with affronts to evidence like Wikipedia!
    So true When the false info comes from a big wbsites ,the small websites copy that because they "think"it is correct and everything gets wrong... 9/10 books are fairly accurate. Offcourse you need to selct on that too

UCP has so far been pretty accurate(offcourse everyone makes a slight error every once in a while..).But there are dozens of examples that arent correct and still get much visitors. Try and search for a certain cars top speed. They all differ depending off the websites

Top speed is hardly a fact, so it is not really a very good example.

(Ted Joans)

Top speed is hardly a fact, so it is not really a very good example.
    Slightly pedantic, Wouter, to say the very least.

Why don't you just go to Wikipedia and have a look around if you want a good example.

Slightly pedantic, Wouter, to say the very least.

Why don't you just go to Wikipedia and have a look around if you want a good example.
    Why am I pedantic? If you give a car to three different people, the chances are very slim they'll come back with the same top speed.

(Ted Joans)

No, the pedantry was in moaning that it's a bad example.... given my posts, do you really think I'd disagree with you on that?

It was just an easy 'example' - calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by teatako
    hey. so the pitch is: is there any site where you can see pictures of every , say, ferrari model, so that people could tell apart every ferrari? im sorry but,apart from the newest i only recognise the 365 gtb daytona, the 365 california and the 275 gtb, or was it the 265 dino....

i made the ferrari example because well, theyre very emblematic but it could apply to say morgan
    I've never heard of the 365 California...

You don't seem ignorant. You just seem misinformed, or not informed enough.
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Thread Information