Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you have against Skyline's?

What do you have against Skyline's?

As I see it, they are a little overhyped. But that doesn't outrun the fact that they're quite an impressive set of cars. A GT-R can have it's chip taken out and some minor improvements done to it and it can belch out 550hp easy. I don't hear about NSX's doing this, and I'd be willing to bet it could give your sweet little 360 a whooping.

The fact that it was the lead car in 2F2F doesn't make me like it less. Just because it was royally riced, and very ugly, does not mean that all are. And believe you me, it has always been a spectical of automotive enthusiasts. At one point it had the leading lap time around the Nurburgring Nordschleife. Then that great exotic 996 Turbo came along and whooped it by a few seconds. Whoopity doo dah day. All I'm trying to say is there is nothing wrong with this car that I hear so many people putting down.

I want to know what you have against it, because quite frankly, it is one of the best cars out there.

Steve.
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    A GT-R can have it's chip taken out and some minor improvements done to it and it can belch out 550hp easy. I don't hear about NSX's doing this, and I'd be willing to bet it could give your sweet little 360 a whooping.

I want to know what you have against it, because quite frankly, it is one of the best cars out there.Steve.
    Because of that.

Because it is a great car? I'm confused

Because people (you as an example) think its one of the best cars out there. Its not. imho

And cause you think it can give other cars a "whooping".

As a pure driving machine yes it is.

Because it is a great car? I'm confused
    No, he pointed out his hatred for the skyline in your post, the attitude.. and I think he's right. When people say, "it'll give your car a 'whooping', and that it's the best car out there" I just think, ok.. no.

The skyline is a severely overweight, overpriced, showcase of Japanese technology in a fanboy wet-dream machine. I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    The skyline is a severely overweight, overpriced, showcase of Japanese technology in a fanboy wet-dream machine. I'll pass.

Post of the week

I dont really have anything against them, because it is sortof a nice car. Movies like Fast and the furious just gave it a bad name really, and thus have made it a target for "import tuners". The movie makes it out to look like its the fastest car in the world, but really like rock said its just fat and expensive.
    Last edited by baddabang; 08-14-2006 at 10:31 AM.

No, he pointed out his hatred for the skyline in your post, the attitude.. and I think he's right. When people say, "it'll give your car a 'whooping', and that it's the best car out there" I just think, ok.. no.

Nor do I say it's the best car out there. I think most car enthusiasts know this. I aslo think most car enthusiasts know that it's also fat and overweight. But under severe tuning, IT can be made into a superb driving machine.

Nor do I say it's the best car out there. I think most car enthusiasts know this. I aslo think most car enthusiasts know that it's also fat and overweight. But under severe tuning, IT can be made into a superb driving machine.[/
    So can most other cars

Matter of opinion...I like the fact that they are stuff full of technology and the fact that its looks are based on funcation rather than appeal...Whereas others see it as 'Rice Royalty' and you have to respect that and movies like 2F2F means that they appeal to yunger kids who come on the 'net claiaming that they own a 1000BHP skyline and that a standard skyline could take a Macca F1 in a race etc etc...That just p*sses off proper car loving dudes like most of us on this forums as at least once a month a skyline 'owning' kid comes on and increases the anti-skyline, anti-rice feeling on UCP...
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

<3

A GT-R can have it's chip taken out and some minor improvements done to it and it can belch out 550hp easy.
    I don't consider a new turbo, bigger FMIC, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, and complete turbo-back exhaust to be "minor improvements." And that doesn't even get into dyno tuning to take advantage of all those other parts.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

The skyline was an unknown car to europe and to the rest people. It got its reputation after the Film Fast & Furious. Before that people that they know about it where a few that they were checkign internet and reading magazines from either USA or ASIA.
    But the car looks ok. The new one looks like crap though. They tried to make it look like a bigger version of 350z.
    But of course it will be a big hit for the european market if it was going to imported normaly from the dealerships.
    As far as i know in Greece they are not importing it and they will never imported.
    Also after all it is a Nissan. Do not forget about it. That means cheap parts. Ofcourse if you starting puttign extra turbos and extra intercoolers and nitro and flash lights and solar system and a communication center that you canspeak with Mars then the price goes up.
    I am most fun of european cars.

I think most people here have nothing against Skylines (or VTEC or ...) but do have issues against fanboys and rice. When someone comes around and says something with out hard evidence to support it, he will take a fall.
    Zag when they Zig

It is the attitude that's the problem with Skylines, and the many owners (and 'owners') who make outrageous claims about their cars in a really annoying fashion.

As for any Super Skyline vs McLaren F1 battle - it's a moot point, because even if the Skyline won, flooring the throttle in a car with a turbo the size of a house is funny - nailing it in a big V12 is utterly astonishing.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Notice how 6speed isn't looking at the thread anymore

Thread Information