Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 329

Thread: What do you have against Skyline's?

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Conrod
    Posts
    1,561
    My point is, a car that weighs 1500kg+- is not an issue at all if it's agile.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    My point is, a car that weighs 1500kg+- is not an issue at all if it's agile.
    You didnt do a very good job of making that point.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Conrod
    Posts
    1,561
    yupe, i guess so.... i know you will reply defending the V8s, but i forgot to put in V8 GT cars.... anyway, good that you made me make my point clear.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    yupe, i guess so.... i know you will reply defending the V8s, but i forgot to put in V8 GT cars.... anyway, good that you made me make my point clear.
    Most cars still apply, either way them having a V8 has nothing to do with the total weight.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Most cars still apply, either way them having a V8 has nothing to do with the total weight.
    Maybe I've misinterpreted the above, but are you claiming that most manufacturer's V8 engines are no heavier than their 6cyl engines?

    What about 6cyl vs V8 Fords (eg Mustang or Falcon) that are saddled by Ford's porky Modular V8? Likewise the optional all-alloy V8 that Holden uses clearly adds to total weight over the all-alloy V6 variants, and its a similar story with the 6cyl vs V8 versions of Chrysler 300C, BMWs, Mercedes, etc etc

    Perhaps there may be a current V8 engine that is no heavier than the manufacturer's corresponding 6cyl, or a current V8-powered vehicle model that is no heavier in total weight than its otherwise same-spec 6cyl version .. but I can't think of one ATM. Can you give us an example?

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Maybe I've misinterpreted the above, but are you claiming that most manufacturer's V8 engines are no heavier than their 6cyl engines?

    What about 6cyl vs V8 Fords (eg Mustang or Falcon) that are saddled by Ford's porky Modular V8? Likewise the optional all-alloy V8 that Holden uses clearly adds to total weight over the all-alloy V6 variants, and its a similar story with the 6cyl vs V8 versions of Chrysler 300C, BMWs, Mercedes, etc etc

    Perhaps there may be a current V8 engine that is no heavier than the manufacturer's corresponding 6cyl, or a current V8-powered vehicle model that is no heavier in total weight than its otherwise same-spec 6cyl version .. but I can't think of one ATM. Can you give us an example?
    No, im saying just because the car has a V8 doesnt mean its going to be heavy.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    No, im saying just because the car has a V8 doesnt mean its going to be heavy.
    Fair enough

    But its almost always going to be more heavy

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Fair enough

    But its almost always going to be more heavy
    More heavy than what?

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    More heavy than what?
    Heavier than what the total weight would otherwise be if 'it' was equipped with a lighter motor, eg my car examples in previous post

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    2,666
    Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Heavier than what the total weight would otherwise be if 'it' was equipped with a lighter motor, eg my car examples in previous post
    Sure if it were a lighter engine, assuing nothing else heavier was added. But because its a smaller displacement engine doesnt mean its lighter. Keep in mind with the upgraded models, if they are heavier its not just due to the engine (if the engine is any heavier). Beefing up the suspension, rest of drivetrain, maybe cooling system, also options like electric gizmos and such.
    I wouldnt be at all surprised if GMs DOHC V6 was heavier than the LSx engines.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    England, london
    Posts
    3,348
    The a=only thing I have against SkYLinEZS!1!! is the over pumped owners thinking they can take on anything
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    13
    ok ok ok...... i see everyone is not really appreciating the skyline technology. ''its fat and over-priced'' ''its ugly''. But what are you guys comparing the car too????? compared to a enzo, or Mclaren F1? yea the skyline IS ugly.. the Designers didnt make this car to be smooth! some of you guys need to read up on the designers and what nissan wanted to accomplish at the end with the skylines... at its time 95 - 99.. skylines were about ...$60 -$80 thousand.. probably more.. but with a little modifications... it can keep up with cars twice thier ticket price..... now..if people get thes cars and RICE them up...then every car is a victem of that.. i dislike Hondas..because here in Miami.. EVERYone has one and 85 % of the time they fl_lck them up with lights, stickers, and rims... and still not that fast.. but i still respect hondas motor company.. but not the people who drive them..//.. on top machines.. of out time.. skylines are up there... .........
    Turbo; a cars best friend.....

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    95616
    Posts
    5,356
    Wow... no one gave a damn about your lucid rant. Anything can keep up with a car twice its price range with modifications.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Melbs, Aus
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    Wow... no one gave a damn about your lucid rant. Anything can keep up with a car twice its price range with modifications.
    Gee's your a shit talker KOR. You probably havnt even driven a car yet.
    I completely agree with nismo. Skylines provide quality performance for a fraction of the price.
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    brisbane - sub-tropical land of mangoes
    Posts
    16,252
    Quote Originally Posted by h22a
    Gee's your a shit talker KOR. You probably havnt even driven a car yet.
    I completely agree with nismo. Skylines provide quality performance for a fraction of the price.
    yeah, but that's tarnished more than a little bit by the billion other people/lebs that drive them
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-04-2006, 02:09 AM
  2. City skylines.
    By Distress in forum Multimedia
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 01:40 PM
  3. 3 skylines gts for sale!!!!
    By geb in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-24-2006, 04:34 PM
  4. JGTC SKYLINEs
    By nismo in forum Multimedia
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 04:31 PM
  5. Skylines - Post Em!!!!!!
    By motorhead in forum General Automotive
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-12-2003, 01:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •