Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you have against Skyline's?

My point is, a car that weighs 1500kg+- is not an issue at all if it's agile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    My point is, a car that weighs 1500kg+- is not an issue at all if it's agile.
    You didnt do a very good job of making that point.

yupe, i guess so.... i know you will reply defending the V8s, but i forgot to put in V8 GT cars.... anyway, good that you made me make my point clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    yupe, i guess so.... i know you will reply defending the V8s, but i forgot to put in V8 GT cars.... anyway, good that you made me make my point clear.
    Most cars still apply, either way them having a V8 has nothing to do with the total weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Most cars still apply, either way them having a V8 has nothing to do with the total weight.
    Maybe I've misinterpreted the above, but are you claiming that most manufacturer's V8 engines are no heavier than their 6cyl engines?

What about 6cyl vs V8 Fords (eg Mustang or Falcon) that are saddled by Ford's porky Modular V8? Likewise the optional all-alloy V8 that Holden uses clearly adds to total weight over the all-alloy V6 variants, and its a similar story with the 6cyl vs V8 versions of Chrysler 300C, BMWs, Mercedes, etc etc

Perhaps there may be a current V8 engine that is no heavier than the manufacturer's corresponding 6cyl, or a current V8-powered vehicle model that is no heavier in total weight than its otherwise same-spec 6cyl version .. but I can't think of one ATM. Can you give us an example?

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Maybe I've misinterpreted the above, but are you claiming that most manufacturer's V8 engines are no heavier than their 6cyl engines?

What about 6cyl vs V8 Fords (eg Mustang or Falcon) that are saddled by Ford's porky Modular V8? Likewise the optional all-alloy V8 that Holden uses clearly adds to total weight over the all-alloy V6 variants, and its a similar story with the 6cyl vs V8 versions of Chrysler 300C, BMWs, Mercedes, etc etc

Perhaps there may be a current V8 engine that is no heavier than the manufacturer's corresponding 6cyl, or a current V8-powered vehicle model that is no heavier in total weight than its otherwise same-spec 6cyl version .. but I can't think of one ATM. Can you give us an example?
    No, im saying just because the car has a V8 doesnt mean its going to be heavy.

No, im saying just because the car has a V8 doesnt mean its going to be heavy.
    Fair enough

But its almost always going to be more heavy

Fair enough

But its almost always going to be more heavy
    More heavy than what?

More heavy than what?
    Heavier than what the total weight would otherwise be if 'it' was equipped with a lighter motor, eg my car examples in previous post

Heavier than what the total weight would otherwise be if 'it' was equipped with a lighter motor, eg my car examples in previous post
    Sure if it were a lighter engine, assuing nothing else heavier was added. But because its a smaller displacement engine doesnt mean its lighter. Keep in mind with the upgraded models, if they are heavier its not just due to the engine (if the engine is any heavier). Beefing up the suspension, rest of drivetrain, maybe cooling system, also options like electric gizmos and such.
    I wouldnt be at all surprised if GMs DOHC V6 was heavier than the LSx engines.

The a=only thing I have against SkYLinEZS!1!! is the over pumped owners thinking they can take on anything
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

ok ok ok...... i see everyone is not really appreciating the skyline technology. ''its fat and over-priced'' ''its ugly''. But what are you guys comparing the car too????? compared to a enzo, or Mclaren F1? yea the skyline IS ugly.. the Designers didnt make this car to be smooth! some of you guys need to read up on the designers and what nissan wanted to accomplish at the end with the skylines... at its time 95 - 99.. skylines were about ...$60 -$80 thousand.. probably more.. but with a little modifications... it can keep up with cars twice thier ticket price..... now..if people get thes cars and RICE them up...then every car is a victem of that.. i dislike Hondas..because here in Miami.. EVERYone has one and 85 % of the time they fl_lck them up with lights, stickers, and rims... and still not that fast.. but i still respect hondas motor company.. but not the people who drive them..//.. on top machines.. of out time.. skylines are up there... .........
    Turbo; a cars best friend.....

Wow... no one gave a damn about your lucid rant. Anything can keep up with a car twice its price range with modifications.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    Wow... no one gave a damn about your lucid rant. Anything can keep up with a car twice its price range with modifications.
    Gee's your a shit talker KOR. You probably havnt even driven a car yet.
    I completely agree with nismo. Skylines provide quality performance for a fraction of the price.
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

Quote Originally Posted by h22a
    Gee's your a shit talker KOR. You probably havnt even driven a car yet.
    I completely agree with nismo. Skylines provide quality performance for a fraction of the price.
    yeah, but that's tarnished more than a little bit by the billion other people/lebs that drive them
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information