Thread: Saleen S7 TT Competition

Saleen S7 TT Competition

The competition package is a new option from Saleen that builds on the 750 bhp S7, producing an astounding 1000 bhp. The package is the latest evolution of the S7 supercar that first started production in 2001. The twin-turbo model was released in 2005 and also included changes to the suspenion and exterior design. The extra horsepower comes from increasing the boost of the twin-turbo system developed by Saleen. Also available is an aerodynamic package that includes a carbon fiber rear wing and front splitter.

Engine & Drivetrain

The all-aluminum V8 engine casting was engineered and tooled by Saleen to displace seven liters. Space age materials and engineering are used throughout, including stainless steel valves, titanium retainers, beryllium exhaust valve seats, an aluminum throttle body, Saleen-designed aluminum CNC-machined cylinder heads and stainless steel exhaust system. The V8 incorporates a unique Saleen-designed side-mounted water pump, a belt-driven camshaft drive and a Saleen-engineered dry sump oil delivery system.

The engine's mid-chassis placement optimizes weight distribution and makes room for an unusually tall engine that allows for a very efficient induction system. Air enters a roof intake, passes through a 90-mm mass air meter and feeds into a carbon fiber plenum. From the plenum the air is routed to the twin ball bearing turbos, is pressurized to 5.5 psi max and then passes through an oval-bore throttle body into an aluminum intake manifold with eight individual runners.

To feed juice to this setup, the injection system includes dual electric fuel pumps and high-capacity, return-less, 52 lb/hr fuel injectors. Neatly engineered and integrated into the S7's stainless steel, dual, high-flow exhaust system are two, twin-ball-bearing, water-cooled Saleen-Garrett turbos, featuring 44-mm wastegates. The four exhaust pipes from each bank of cylinders merge into a race-car-like high-efficiency collector. In addition, the exhaust incorporates dual catalysts per cylinder bank, EGR and those aforementioned twin wastegates.

Chassis, Suspension, and Brakes

A major improvement in ride over previous models is achieved with the use of coil springs that are a dual-stage design. The first spring has a lower rate than the single springs fitted to the current S7, resulting in softer ride during normal street driving. But if you remember your history, you know that the S7 is a flat-bottom, downforce car. The faster you go, the more downforce the S7 develops. In the case of the S7's new dual-stage springs, the second stiffer spring starts coming into play at around 100 mph when the car begins to develop serious downforce.

Chassis tuning also includes revised shock valving front and rear. Saleen-engineered Brembo-supplied lightweight aluminum six-piston mono-block calipers are fitted front and rear. The brakes are among the largest of any production car with 15-inch vented discs up front and 14-inch vented discs at the rear.
    Pictures: http://www.fast-autos.net/archive/2675/

May be a repost? I thought everyone had just posted speculation but this is the official release.

i want to lick it

Quote Originally Posted by driftnWRX
    i want to lick it
    where?

fxx will eat this...lol
    Ferrari will be WCC. Whoever wins the WDC will be from the Scuderia.........Yet who?

I'm not so sure....I'd rather drive it than lick it (Except I still accidentally get my mom's 260hp G35 to jump a little.....1,000hp? I'll let someone else drive)
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

I don't know about licking it but I'm pretty sure the FXX will lick it.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

omg i wish it would be in the new top gear!!
    [IMG]http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/6404/jessicaalba0150000000000000002.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by sicilian973-2
    fxx will eat this...lol
    Predictably. Huge price difference!
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by sicilian973-2
    fxx will eat this...lol
    The FXX is not street legal so who cares. An F1 car will eat an FXX. Actually, I'm not so sure the FXX could keep up with this car. This is an S7 with 1000 hp we're talking about here. That gives the S7 a power to weight ratio of 0.74 bhp/kg, and the FXX has a ratio of 0.69 bhp/kg. The FXX might still have an advantage in the handling department since it is significantly lighter, but a race between these two would be very close.

actually,power was boosted when the devolpment was going on.Remember a while back it was rumored that 10 of the 31 FXXs recieved blowers.It was also a rumor that they were gonna mess with twin turbo setups and make the N/A models with higher compression(which is very possible).If the rumors are false the 800bhp will still eat this.If Ferrari can punch out over 1000bhp out of a 3.0 v10s.imagine what it could do with double the displacement and 2 more cylinders.Remember the 80s with those 1.5 liter twin turbos blowin 1500bhp during qualifying.
    Ferrari will be WCC. Whoever wins the WDC will be from the Scuderia.........Yet who?

I disagree I see the Saleen S7 TT Competition pulling much harder on the straights than the fxx. Its power to weight ratio is outstanding, not to mention this is probably going to cost way less than the intial 652k plus the price of the FXX. I would take this over an FXX. Eat definitely not, a close race for sure.

until they race we will never know

Thread Information