Thread: I'm Back (But I bet no-one noticed)!

I'm Back (But I bet no-one noticed)!

Well, I've been here and I've not been here for the last few months.

Let me explain: Life has seemed like a blur recently and I've not really known what to do or where I'm going. Now though, I want to get on with things. I've been watching UCP since 2003 but as you can tell by my post count, I've not really found the time to contribute properly...so I've decided to get off my ass and do something (not just with this but in all areas of my life).

As far as UCP goes, First off, I'm gonna be fulfill promises made to various members, including posting my 553 photos from the British Motorshow (Monday 24th of July)

Please don't hold your breath on these as they have been taken with my only digital camera, which is my phone (2.0 Megapixel Sony Ericsson W800i). Some shots are decent, but some arent. I'll post the lot so everyone can take their pick.

Secondly, I want to go back to topics of discussion from a few months back. This brings with it a problem:

On this site, members hate reposts but also hate other members reviving old threads. Which is it to be? Or arent we supposed to talk about the same thing twice? Personally I'd rather keep it tidy and in one thread than all over the site. Which is why, unless someone gives me a damn good reason why, I'll be opting for the latter.

Thirdly, I may just have a few ideas for y'all. More on that in due course.

Clivey

EDIT: 700th Post!
    Last edited by Clivey; 08-17-2006 at 05:12 PM.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Welcome back dude

On the subject of reposts and reviving threads; Reviving old threads is fine with me because it's not repetitive. Infact it lets us expand on an idea at a later date when our opinions may have swayed due to us learning something new. Reposts however get repetitive, make search for specific things in the forum a complete and utter pig and generally clutter up the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey
    Well, I've been here and I've not been here for the last few months.

Let me explain: Life has seemed like a blur recently and I've not really known what to do or where I'm going. Now though, I want to get on with things. I've been watching UCP since 2003 but as you can tell by my post count, I've not really found the time to contribute properly...so I've decided to get off my ass and do something (not just with this but in all areas of my life).

As far as UCP goes, First off, I'm gonna be fulfill promises made to various members, including posting my 553 photos from the British Motorshow (Monday 24th of July)

Please don't hold your breath on these as they have been taken with my only digital camera, which is my phone (2.0 Megapixel Sony Ericsson W800i). Some shots are decent, but some arent. I'll post the lot so everyone can take their pick.

Secondly, I want to go back to topics of discussion from a few months back. This brings with it a problem:

On this site, members hate reposts but also hate other members reviving old threads. Which is it to be? Or arent we supposed to talk about the same thing twice? Personally I'd rather keep it tidy and in one thread than all over the site. Which is why, unless someone gives me a damn good reason why, I'll be opting for the latter.

Thirdly, I may just have aa few ideas for y'all. More on that in due course.

Clivey

EDIT: 700th Post!
    Yes it seems to be a bit of a website convention which either genuinely annoys certain people or is expected to be greeted with uniform derision. Never quite got it myself as new members either don’t necessarily notice hoe old they are or perhaps feel they have something to add.
    You wont get diss’d from me at least. Welcome back.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Welcome back dude

On the subject of reposts and reviving threads; Reviving old threads is fine with me because it's not repetitive. Infact it lets us expand on an idea at a later date when our opinions may have swayed due to us learning something new. Reposts however get repetitive, make search for specific things in the forum a complete and utter pig and generally clutter up the forum.
    Thanks, and that's what I was thinking.

I'm gonna get some sleep now, so hopefully (If my parents leave me alone for a little while) I should have my Motorshow pics (In the revived "British Motorshow 2006" thread ) Uploaded sometime tomorrow.

And, I have the promised pics for TVR_IS_KING. (Us TVR fans have to look after each other, there arent many good pics on the 'net! )
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Hey you're back! You're a nice guy Clivey, hope you can hang around
    All about the t-tops

Welcome back

welcome bak ude.

As far as reviving threads vs creating a new thread goes, its very simple to me:

If u have something meaningfull to add DO revie a thread, PLEASE!
    If you nothing meaningfull to saay, its not worth reveving it, let alone Creat a WHOLE new one.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Welcome back, and good to meet you. I'm the guy who spews nonsense and false information all over the place. Recently, I falsified a news release claiming that a recent Enzo crash was the result of the driver searching for a good track on Beck's new album, with disasterous results.

Also, I try to keep TVR threads lively with excerpts from "The Blackpool Weekly Badger;" total rubbish of course, as there is no such publication outside of my own head.

Anyway, it's good to have people on here who actually take car talk seriously (quite unlike myself) and have mis-spent their lives in the pursuit of being able to hold educated banter about these wacky racers we love so much.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    welcome bak ude.

As far as reviving threads vs creating a new thread goes, its very simple to me:

If u have something meaningfull to add DO revie a thread, PLEASE!
    If you nothing meaningfull to saay, its not worth reveving it, let alone Creat a WHOLE new one.
    Nothing to add at all !!! Welcome back

Welcome back Clivey.

Welcome back to UCP

Welcome back dude...I went to the Motorshow to i went on Tuesday 25th...
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail
    It's good to have people on here who actually take car talk seriously
    It is?!

Thread Information