Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snakes On A Plane

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    The whole concept seems amazingly stupid.... I def. won't be seeing that movie anytime soon.
    With this kind of thing you either get it, or you don't. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure that it will be the best film since Frankenfish.

I saw a trailer showing Jackson saying to a huddled group of passengers "I've had it with these mother****ing snakes on this mother****ing plane."

I've had it. That's a mother****ing great choice of words. I'm going to write a review of the movie for my city's newspaper when I get around to watching it, and if my editor agrees to something so barmy.

While we're all on the subject, has anybody else seen Michael Madsen's character on Scary Movie 4? The rest of the movie was deeply awful, but Michael Madsen played Tim Robins' character from War of the Worlds. It was comedic genius, with such lines as.
    "I've got it all figured out: we'll tunnel up behind em' – scare the piss out of em'," and
    "This isn't a war, no more than there's a war between men and maggots, or wolves and dragons, or men riding dragons throwing wolves at maggots."

This tired old Quail hasn't been made to laugh that hard in a while, but Coventrysucks came close with his "Oh, the huge manatee" picture. I'll try to put it up, but I'm at work, and using a ****ing apple, so who knows how that little operation might get ****ed up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Good Looking Corpse" -James Dean, weeks before dying in a car crash at the age of 24

He also said "take it easy out there, the life you save might be mine." a few days before he died. Guess that shitheel Okie Turnipseed didn't hear.

I've always hoped to die in a knife-fight with a grizzly bear, but really any way other than having a high-schooler named Turnipseed plow into me will do.

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail
    I'll try to put it up, but I'm at work, and using a ****ing apple, so who knows how that little operation might get ****ed up.
    [img] url of attachment [/img]
    Thanks for all the fish

There is nothing wrong with Apple...

I have yet to see a good movie that involves snakes OR airplanes. Let alone togeather.

Airplane=Crap
    Anaconda=Crap (both of them)
    Flightplan=Crap
    SoulPlane=Crap
    Boa=Crap

I wont be seeing it.

I saw it, I also think it was AMAZING. You could tell that the producers knew people wouldn't be seriously scared by a lot of the plot, so certain parts must have been intentionally funny......like the 2 bathroom scenes. Movie of the year for me.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    I have yet to see a good movie that involves snakes OR airplanes. Let alone togeather.

Airplane=Crap
    Anaconda=Crap (both of them)
    Flightplan=Crap
    SoulPlane=Crap
    Boa=Crap
    Flight 93 and Con-Air were pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren_crazy
    I saw it, it was the biggest joke of a movie I ever encountered. One of the "scary" movies that you laugh at. I also know alot about snakes and planes and so I had fun pointing out all of the flaws.
    The other scary movie(s) you laugh at are the Final Destination movies
    Last edited by Zytek_Fan; 08-19-2006 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    Well the common rule of math says that two negatives make a positive, so a plane movie (negative) plus a snake movie (negative) should equal, good movie.

Or something to that effect.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    The other scary movie(s) you laugh at are the Final Destination movies
    T'was directed by the same person who directed Final Destination II
    Thanks for all the fish

Snakes On A Plane was supposed to be bad. It was famed, many months before it opened on the internet as the best worst movie ever, and that claim held true. It's not supposed to be a "good" movie." It's got inaccuracies, yes, but it also was supposed to. I mean, come on, the second to last entire scene and it's logic were busted on MythBusters a long, long time ago, and everyone and his brother has seen that, but it's still in the movie, why? Because it moves the story along. It's intentionally bad. It's the return of the "B" movie. Samual L Jackson actually had it written into his contract that he would only act in the movie as long as the title remained "Snakes On A Plane" because it was so hokey. It wasn't good because the acting was good, it wasn't good because the story was all that great, it was good because it was fun. Anyone who dislikes the idea needs to see it, I think you'd enjoy it more than you think.
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    I'm waiting for the sequel: "Sharks on a bus"
    im waiting for snakes on trains, snakes on David Blaine, snakes in blood and then snakes in the express lane,

Don't forget: Rob Schneider as snakes
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

This movie will pwn fracking will ferrel and his Ricky Bobby shite.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

[QUOTE=baddabang]I have yet to see a good movie that involves snakes OR airplanes. Let alone togeather.

Original Flight of the Phoenix, and I'll watch anything starring Ice Cube and a bunch of snakes.

However, that one movie ("deep blue," or some shit), starring L.L. Cool-J and a bunch of sharks, should have been one of the great films of our generation, but was spoiled somehow.

It did lead L.L. Cool-J to write a deeply amusing song called "My Hat Looks Like a Shark's Fin."

You can't make this stuff up.

Thread Information