Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What is so good wit Asian Cars?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What is so good wit Asian Cars?

ok ppol. i'm just curious., but wat is so good wit asian cars? wat has companies like honda or mitsubishi ever du 2 impact da car industry? asian cars are boring, plain and usually ugly. sorry 4 all u asian car fans out there. i'm just saying dat European cars are just better. yes asian cars r good in their own respects (i mean da elderly, broring ppol and non-car ppol ou there du need something 2 drive). so wat du u guys think?

uhhhh, welcome to UCP

i think the last time someone was as wrong as you Iraq got invaded
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    i think the last time someone was as wrong as you Iraq got invaded
    haha, indeed.

i see were he is coming from but i also see good points about asian cars
    the rotary engine 4 example
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by acfsambo
    I would say that is probably one of the lesser.

Quote Originally Posted by acfsambo
    If im not mistaken the rotary is technically german (the japanese didnt create it).

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    If im not mistaken the rotary is technically german (the japanese didnt create it).
    technically your correct, henry wankel created the general design. but the germans failed to make it reliable, efficient enough to be viable and actually workable in production, score 1 to japan.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

talking about weight and size of a 5 litre V8 or w/e, there is no way in hell i want a V8 in my silvia, why? fuel consumption, sound, and performance.

a V8 instead of the SR20 would be IMHO downgrading the car. its not its style to hold a V8 under that bonnet, not to mention the front end would become way to heavy, and thats if the engine even fits in there...
    __________________________________________________ ______________

on one final note, i do see your point, its just i disagree.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    technically your correct, henry wankel created the general design. but the germans failed to make it reliable, efficient enough to be viable and actually workable in production, score 1 to japan.
    The story of Japan's life. Copy Germany and try to perfect it. I like Japanese cars, but their tactics are dishonorable. Now that they've copied Mercedes/BMW/Audi to a T, they've run out of ideas.

Here comes the: STFU you idiot, you're just jealous because you don't have a 2JZ in your car.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    The story of Japan's life. Copy Germany and try to perfect it. I like Japanese cars, but their tactics are dishonorable. Now that they've copied Mercedes/BMW/Audi to a T, they've run out of ideas.

Here comes the: STFU you idiot, you're just jealous because you don't have a 2JZ in your car.
    At least they race thier cars and learn. Cough, Cough Koeran and Chinese cars, Cough Cough

message limit
    Attached Images Attached Images

You're just jealous because you don't have 2JZ in your car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    From what IVe seen it isnt exactly "reliable." Seems to need rebuilds every 60,000 miles...

talking about weight and size of a 5 litre V8 or w/e, there is no way in hell i want a V8 in my silvia, why? fuel consumption, sound, and performance.

a V8 instead of the SR20 would be IMHO downgrading the car. its not its style to hold a V8 under that bonnet, not to mention the front end would become way to heavy, and thats if the engine even fits in there...
    I guess ignorance is bliss?
    LS1 swaps are VERY common in 240SXs, a lot of the drifting guys are getting into it, there is atleast 1 guy I know of in D1 that has a S13 LS1. I know the LS1 is lighter than the KA, and I think it may be lighter than the SR20 as well. And the cars retain good balance with the LS1.
    In my 3500lbs car my LS1 gets around 30mpg highway, according to my friend who has a SR20 swapped 240SX and 5 speed(basically stock SR20, only has ehxaust) thats a lot better than what he can get. Id imagine in a 2500lbs car and LS1 would do an easy 30mpg+ highway.
    Sound? You would rather have the buzzy sound of a 4 cylinder (the SR20 doesnt sound too bad) over a throaty V8?
    http://video.ls1tech.com/category/Dy...0da6397881.htm

Yes, its fits, with room to spare... heres an S13
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...x/IMG_0222.jpg
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...x/IMG_0211.jpg
    Another S13.
    http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8251/dscn03405gs.jpg
    LS1tech is filled with threads on 240SX LS1 swaps, many pics and a few vids.

You would rather have the buzzy sound of a 4 cylinder (the SR20 doesnt sound too bad) over a throaty V8?
    yes, i do prefer the sound of 4's and 6's to 8's
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

In my 3500lbs car my LS1 gets around 30mpg highway, according to my friend who has a SR20 swapped 240SX and 5 speed(basically stock SR20, only has ehxaust) thats a lot better than what he can get. Id imagine in a 2500lbs car and LS1 would do an easy 30mpg+ highway.
    And around town? How does it go then? Of course it's going to get better mpg on the highway you idiot, it'd be turning over at half the rpm an SR20 would be at highway cruising speeds. Plus it'd have longer gearing. An SS Commy will do ~9l/100km on the highway, but ~14l/100km around town.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information