Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Its finally here...

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    Always liked those cars, especially the GTS version. Why didn't you get any of those?
    Money. duh. They cost a lot more. Some of the people on this forum seem to think that money grows on trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    Money. duh. They cost a lot more. Some of the people on this forum seem to think that money grows on trees.
    Also a lot of people think they can look in other people's wallets and on peoples money accounts. Perhaps they had a different reason for not getting a GTS, so I would like to know why. Perhaps the car sucks in some way I never heared of...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser
    Well, after a week of waiting, our car is now here.
    lol, i wish i only had to wait a week for my car, ive had to wait for like 3 months for my car, and i still dont have it..

though neither of us should complain considering the length of time Aston and the like owners need to wait
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Drakkie, the suspension on these ones have softened up (on our old Vectra, we were bouncing off the ceiling !!)

Jorismo, i'll try to get pics of the Mini, but probably wont be close up cause the guy who owns it is a bit of a weird one, i reckon he washes it more than he washes himself.

We didnt get the GTS version as there was none in stock at the dealer (It was at a Volvo/Jaguar (nice new XK and a 997 for sale too, mmm)/Land Rover Dealer, and it was just what they had. If we went to the Vauxhall dealer (we did have a look), we would be paying £13/£14k for the same car, but slightly newer, and better version, and that in my opinion isnt worth it.

Sam - Very true, although is yours used? Shouldnt take that long if it is.

Well already today, it has done 60 miles, mum has a lottle bit of trouble gettin gthe fel of it (the accelerator pedal has ALOT of play, maybe something needs to get tightened there...) , and it seems that the brakes are pretty hard too.

Thanks all,

Nice.
    Makes me want a Vauxhall (the front end is neat looking)

Just been out for a little speed run, got "a nice speed" out of it, plenty more to go.
    Last edited by adamfraser; 01-29-2008 at 04:28 PM.

Does it accelerate quickly though? I was in an old model Vectra SRi and it was as underwhelming as my 55hp beast.

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    Does it accelerate quickly though? I was in an old model Vectra SRi and it was as underwhelming as my 55hp beast.
    Yeah, it moves pretty friggin quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    That'd be your 3-cylinder Suzuki Swift I take it?

Nice bit of Oasis there Adam! Not a bad piece of kit for £8k! The 2.2 is aparently a very sweet engine indeed
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser
    Yeah, it moves pretty friggin quickly.
    do you find the indicator switch iritating, or the image of "sales rep" a problem. I got given one for a weekend by my company to drive to glasgow.

i found it unsettled over bumps. its steering was kinda numb too. i did love the huge loadspace though. the indicators didnt self cancel! 148hp diesel was average and forgetable.

i also found reviews of the vxr 2.8 litre 255hp version to be very negative. too much understeer apparently.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    do you find the indicator switch iritating, or the image of "sales rep" a problem. I got given one for a weekend by my company to drive to glasgow.

i found it unsettled over bumps. its steering was kinda numb too. i did love the huge loadspace though. the indicators didnt self cancel! 148hp diesel was average and forgetable.

i also found reviews of the vxr 2.8 litre 255hp version to be very negative. too much understeer apparently.
    The indicator stalks are crap, you hit them, then they retract , so you think "Ok, flick em again" and it turns them off !!

Ours is pretty smooth over bumps. You must have got a dud one.

Agh, Diesel shmeisel. Adam, you've got the 2.2direct haven't you? Thats supposed to be pretty good I've heard

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    When you put 255bhp through the front wheels, what did you expect?!

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    Agh, Diesel shmeisel. Adam, you've got the 2.2direct haven't you? Thats supposed to be pretty good I've heard
    Indeedy.

Well there you have it.. Pick of the bunch

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information