Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So you want to do a motor swap...

making a flat 4 sit in a crevice designed for an I4 might prove challenging to say the least.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

BMW engine conversion

I have a bmw e36 318 and i am planing to convert the engine to m60b40, can i use the flywheel, the clutch and the electrical wiring of the stock car or the should be changed??

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and I'm not able to create a new subject due to that. So I'm hoping that I can post here and get some results, so thanks to all that help in advance.

I have a 2012 chevrolet orlando with a 2.4 ecotec. The engine needs to be replaced though, so that will be fun. I found a parts store where I live that has used engines with reasonable miles on them, I just need help with the abbreviations in the descriptions. I took a screenshot and attached it. I'm assuming "at" means "automatic transmission" but what do some of the others mean?

Also, to do this engine swap, am I going to need to reprogram the pcm on my car to accept the new engine, or anything else that I will need to do other than swap the engine? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nicely put (phrased); however, don't feel like the lone ranger and certainly don't let any of them corral you, I've requested some thoughts (insights) on swapping out my VW karmann Guia engine for a rotary and have been told things about "Sacrilege" to "travesty"; bottom line is "I'm me" and I'm still going on with this idea, and the only thing that will happen is that I will learn in the process!

Ok so I want to hear some thoughts on this, I'm going to be swapping a wrx sti chassis and electronics with my 4 door cobalt ls xfi chassis. I'm an expirienced fabricator and welder so I'm going to be doing everything with my father which has been a mechanic and has built multiple drag cars. I might attempt it on my own until I need my fathers help. I'm also going to try and stuff a twin turbo setup under the hood I'm going to bed keeping the cobalt interior except the gauge cluster that will be modified to fit. Ive just never seen anyone do something like this that's why I wanted to hear what people have to say about it. Thanks.

Thread Information