Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automotie engineering - The final preparations

Automotie engineering - The final preparations

Most of you probably know by now that i will study Automotive engineering the next four years. I really can't wait before it starts.I've never had that feeling about school in my life

Anyway, the financial problems are mostly over by now(,without a loan !! ).

The laptop i need is ordered and will arrive soon. It will be a custom built one with all the stuff i need.
    The books are also ordered and I bought about half of it secondhand through the internet.
    Yesterday i picked up my public transportation card. It allows me free travel through the country,during the week. I have to travel from my town to Rotterdam everyday,so that wouldn't have been cheap otherwise...

Monday i start with some boring speeches I need to show my overall and working boots,both fire-proof later on the day.
    Tuesday a trip on a boat to a site in the harbour is planned. There we will do a "technical adventure"
    Wednesday a sporting day is planned. Offcourse i will get the hell out of there as soon as i can i dd that for 6 years on my previous school
    Thursday i forgot and friday we will go with a bus to a go-kart track and do some racing

The next week we start with the real lessons. I will try and make summaries of what i learn each night and perhaps even type them in class using my laptop

Peace out,
    S.

Well all the best to you. I'm sure you and that study are made for eachother...

I will start next week too. I'm going to do a study called 'IV' (Intergrale Veiligheid). The whole study has to do with safety and security. I get subjects like law, personal security, anti-terrorism, disaster handling etc. etc. My final goal is to either work for a big multinational or for the dutch secret service. I'm very excited about the school. This week I already met the people from my class. Almost all of them are from the area of Eindhoven.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

i wish you the best of luck with the study

What institution will you be learning from?
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

All the best
    I finish my placement year tomorrow, and go back for the 5th and final year of my Automotive Engineering degree in a few weeks. If its anything like our course you've some long nights ahead, but its all worth it!

Good luck. I am moving to campus tommorow and honestly cant wait to get out of my house.

Good news drakkie!

You know, many people in this forum would like to be in your place (including me)!

I wish you all the best and I hope that you would be able to design the successor to the McLaren F1 !!!!!!!!!!
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Quote Originally Posted by BjD
    All the best
    I finish my placement year tomorrow, and go back for the 5th and final year of my Automotive Engineering degree in a few weeks. If its anything like our course you've some long nights ahead, but its all worth it!
    Thankfully those long nights wont be for 5 but 4 years in my situation

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight
    Good news drakkie!
    You know, many people in this forum would like to be in your place (including me)!
    I wish you all the best and I hope that you would be able to design the successor to the McLaren F1 !!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks That'd be pretty cool I guess,man. Lucky for you i plan to make as many summaries of what i leanr. I probably post 3 or 4 threads full with summaries and stuff a month.
    Last edited by drakkie; 08-26-2006 at 03:53 AM.

Wow, Drakkie just ignored me!
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling
    Wow, Drakkie just ignored me!
    Time to kill yourself.

BRB, getting blades.

Good luck in you studying!

I would have studied Automotive Engineering if I had found out that I liked cars as much as I do when I first entered university!

Good luck.

I have decided that I will pursue a degree in aerodynamics or something to do with racing car engineering

Good luck mate. My Electrical engineering took 4 years and they are so much fun. Uni is hard, especially engineering. You will find that you have more contact hours at uni than just about any other course.

If I can gice you some advice, try and learn the practicality of what you are learning. Don't just look at it as complax maths and getting a solution. Try and get a real life understanding why you do these complex equations and theories. Trust me, it will help alot when you do your final year project. My $0.02 anyway.

Oh and the bar is your best mate. No one drinks like a bunch of engineers on a pub crawl
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Resonatrectomy
    127 Kw @ all 4 paws

Quote Originally Posted by mmm_aapls
    Oh and the bar is your best mate. No one drinks like a bunch of engineers on a pub crawl
    As i found out today We had one hour spare time today.So one of my new classmates took us to a grat bar in the centre Someone rolled a joint and fairly stoned we won the final assignment,which was building a water-rocket and shooting it as far as possible

My new class is a very diverse one.People are from everywhere.The Noth,South,West and East. Ages vary between 17 and 23.The 23y/o one is an ex-marine.He told he got tired of the army after being stationed in Iraq ... Ovrall it seems like a very fun class.Just the name is too difficult: 1aTeD2.

We got an idea of tomorrow,which will be some stuff with old-cars I cant wait,pity i have to leave home at 6:30

And blingster,its called the hogeschool Rotterdam
    Last edited by drakkie; 08-29-2006 at 09:52 AM.

Thread Information